Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

They were a little unlucky with the goal that wasn't given, but they were lucky harding wasn't sent off before he was subbed off! twat!

Looking at the video of that shot, it's still only conjecture as to whether the whole ball crossed the line - it's above the ground and happened in an instant.
A very difficult judgment for any referee or linesman even if they were closer for that split second.
I don't see loads of Saints players making a huge appeal either - so a very grey area for Adkins to be making solid accusations and complaints about to be quite frank.

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Bad loser, bet try harder, losing is now a habit to the most overrated, arrogant and clearly most myopic fans in the Championship. You will obviously say that your upcoming defeat at Coventry in the FA Cup was in fact because you wanted to concentrate on the League. What are you ? Excuses 'R Us ?

Alright Express, how have you been :lolol:

Look at the end of the day, we beat you 3 - 0 nil with a bit of help from the ref, and you beat us likewise. The only gripe I would have is that we probably didnt need it to get the 3 points.

But we are somehow still top having scored 19 more goals than conceded whereas you are mid table having scored 2 less.

Lets see what happens at Cov shall we? Personally I would prefer a nice cup run even if it means missing out on promotion. That for me would be a nice season, and trust me next season we will be f***ing strong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ben, ask bhaexpress what he did just after the news broke that we had drawn Coventry in the 3rd round of the cup a few years back. :thumbsup: :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Look at the end of the day, we beat you 3 - 0 nil with a bit of help from the ref, and you beat us likewise. The only gripe I would have is that we probably didnt need it to get the 3 points.

Is that your attempt at 'detente'? Or is it more imperative you continue your delusion?

The 'help' came from your No.7 - Ricky 'Tom Daley' Lambert.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

But we are somehow still top having scored 19 more goals than conceded whereas you are mid table having scored 2 less.

Lets see what happens at Cov shall we? Personally I would prefer a nice cup run even if it means missing out on promotion. That for me would be a nice season, and trust me next season we will be f***ing strong.

Just making a point, once again you should easily pass by Coventry but will you ? I always thought (and frankly still do) think that Lallana was your main man but your lot did seem to lose it once Lambert went off.

Poetic justice mind you, as was pointed out elsewhere if we're such a dirty team as so many of your fellow stains seem to think how come you commited more fouls than us ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
so a very grey area for Adkins to be making solid accusations and complaints about to be quite frank.

I read a report on the match in which he felt the footage of the lambert incident wasn't clear enough to tell if he deserved to go, yet, that same footage was perfectly clear for him with the ball crossing the line. I'd have respected him more if he just did the ol' wenger trick of not seeing the lambert incident.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I read a report on the match in which he felt the footage of the lambert incident wasn't clear enough to tell if he deserved to go, .

Adkins should be encouraged to cling to this opinion. They should DEFINITELY appeal Lambert's suspension. DEFINITELY :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I would prefer a nice cup run even if it means missing out on promotion. That for me would be a nice season, and trust me next season we will be f***ing strong.

Thats a vey dangerous (some might even say 'arrogant') attitude to promotion. You have to take your chance whilst its there.

You might be 'f***ing strong' next year, but so will any number of Cardiff, Birmingham, Middlesborough, plus you might have Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves to contend with.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think Southampton have adopted the SAF if you say something it must be true mantra. Amazing how it filters all the way through to (some of) the supporters though. What happened to independent thought? The Lambert/El Abd propaganda on the Saints website defies belief. Harding was targeted by our players in order to try and get him sent off? Er yes, if you mean keep running at him with the ball that is. WALOFS.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Thats a vey dangerous (some might even say 'arrogant') attitude to promotion. You have to take your chance whilst its there.

You might be 'f***ing strong' next year, but so will any number of Cardiff, Birmingham, Middlesborough, plus you might have Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves to contend with.

TBF, it's not that dangerous. My life insurance payments haven't increased because of that comment.

All I'm saying is I'm enjoying supporting the Saints competing in this league and in many ways another season of more than 50% winning visits to sms is better than finding your feet in the Prem. That said, obviously id take the Prem any day.

I remember in the 06/07 season when we gambled everything and bought loads of players and if we didnt get promoted, we would be finished. That risk almost cost us our existence. This season is different. If we dont go up, we will be better placed to go up next season. When the board took over in 09, there was a 5 year plan to get us in the prem which includes this season and 2 more.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You are welcome to but a maximum of three times per day please. Thanks in advance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TBF, it's not that dangerous. My life insurance payments haven't increased because of that comment.

All I'm saying is I'm enjoying supporting the Saints competing in this league and in many ways another season of more than 50% winning visits to sms is better than finding your feet in the Prem. That said, obviously id take the Prem any day.

I remember in the 06/07 season when we gambled everything and bought loads of players and if we didnt get promoted, we would be finished. That risk almost cost us our existence. This season is different. If we dont go up, we will be better placed to go up next season. When the board took over in 09, there was a 5 year plan to get us in the prem which includes this season and 2 more.

Okay, if you want to be literal, you can ignore dangerous, and stick with arrogant.

"It doesn't matter if we don't go up this season. We'll simply go up next season instead" It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid however 'f***ing strong' you think you'll be, or whatever it says in your precious 5 year plan. Right now you are top of the league. If you make no investment right now to try to stay there, you club is run by morons.

Birmingham will be a huge threat next year. There will be three clubs down from the Prem with millions of pounds in parachute payments to spend on players like Nolan. What's to say other clubs (Leeds?, Brighton?, Derby?) won't outspend or outperform you? Stupid attitude.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
If you try to view the so called controversial incidents impartially:
1) Lallana did score, but the lino and ref missed it. Tough luck - happens all the time.
2) Harding's challenge on CMS was perfectly legal, but the crowd and lino earned him a yellow. I have no doubt CMS has hurt, but since when has two men challenging fairly for a ball come with a guarantee that you won't get hurt?
3) Lambert penalty - probably, but not stone wall at all. The two penalty decisions at St Mary's that were given were fairly laughable (well one anyway) so equally tough luck.
4) El-Abd rugby tackled Lambert and the ref ignored it. Being an ex-rugby player, I do cringe when I see players role around holding their face in agony after a little slap. I would love to give El-Abd a real slap. Nevertheless, as soon as it happened I though "straight red card" - I cannot see why they would want to try to appeal it. However, D'Urso could have prevented it by giving the free-kick against El-Abd in the first place.
5) Jonothan Forte was just as bad as El-Abd for his theatrics when Greer was red-carded. Didn't see the incident though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you try to view the so called controversial incidents impartially:
1) Lallana did score, but the lino and ref missed it. Tough luck - happens all the time.
2) Harding's challenge on CMS was perfectly legal, but the crowd and lino earned him a yellow. I have no doubt CMS has hurt, but since when has two men challenging fairly for a ball come with a guarantee that you won't get hurt?
3) Lambert penalty - probably, but not stone wall at all. The two penalty decisions at St Mary's that were given were fairly laughable (well one anyway) so equally tough luck.
4) El-Abd rugby tackled Lambert and the ref ignored it. Being an ex-rugby player, I do cringe when I see players role around holding their face in agony after a little slap. I would love to give El-Abd a real slap. Nevertheless, as soon as it happened I though "straight red card" - I cannot see why they would want to try to appeal it. However, D'Urso could have prevented it by giving the free-kick against El-Abd in the first place.
5) Jonothan Forte was just as bad as El-Abd for his theatrics when Greer was red-carded. Didn't see the incident though.

All pretty fair, except for "2". Harding was out of control in that challenge. It was undeniably dangerous, and worthy of at least a yellow. He then committed a further two fouls, including an outrageous dive/block on Buckley that should have seen him off.

Not sure you'd want to 'give El Abd a proper slap' though. I believe he's quite hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here