Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stoke must be gutted.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Lets see... he played 397 out of 1080 minutes in Copa Sudamericana. That is 36% if I remember how to calculate percents. This means... 0 points as it is a band 2 competition. He also played too little in Copa Libertadores. So 0 minutes from playing time in those competitions.

However, his club went to the semi finals in the Copa Sudamericana and he was in the matchday squads, so thats 6 points. Unfortunately they failed to go to the Copa Libertadores group stages so 0 points from that. Their quarter-finals in the same tournament in 2020 wont count because it is not within the 12 month limit.

All in all 6 points from the SA continental competitions.

Moving over to domestic competitions. The Paraguayan league is unfortunately a band 6 league. This is where I cant be bothered to do the exact maths and I also dont know if Clausura and Apertura counts as different competitions and doubles the point. Assuming not, he probably just goes over the 80% game time limit and gets 1 point from this, but it could be as much as 3.

Libertad won the Apertura season ending in December, meaning as a club from a band 6 club he Enciso gets another 1 point.

Furthermore he also gets another 2 points for playing in a band 6 club at all.

TLDR: So if I'm counting correctly, and he gets no additional points for being part of Paraguys Copa America squad (it seems not but I could be wrong), he gets between 10-12 points out of the necessary 15. No work permit.

In order to get his work permit, it is unlikely that he could stay in Paraguay. He would need to be loaned out to a decent league and get decent amount of game time.

Interesting

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Too complicated apparently. Aren’t South American players often part owned by third parties? Could be down to that.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Should be able to go back in come Summer if it needs more time with regards to other stakeholder and ownership claims on the player. These South American deals can be complex as we have found out with Caicedo's deal.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All that fuss and we can't even get the deal over the line. Who would have thought that?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He wanted accommodation provided, but the club would only offer him a flat share in Portslade.

I’d hVe told the club to jog on too if that was offered to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All that fuss and we can't even get the deal over the line. Who would have thought that?

Since the summer we've loaned 20 players to the Bundesliga, Championship, SPL and other European leagues.
We've signed dozens of players just in the last few years from South America, Spain, Poland, Belgium, Austria and all over the UK.
I think Albion are quite capable of doing a deal, even complicated ones. They're also quite capable of walking away from them if they don't suit as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here