Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry if I've missed it but does anyone know what Tim Vickery has said about him? Sounds exciting but my opinion will be formed by what he has to say!

Did his normal slot with H&J on Talksport yesterday. Very positive…….not quite as glowing as he was about Caicedo from memory (he’d been raving about him for months though) but although ‘small’, he’s apparently very tough, very fast and TV thinks he’ll be a top player (paraphrasing, but along those lines).

He was also very complimentary about our scouting and recruitment

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Did his normal slot with H&J on Talksport yesterday. Very positive…….not quite as glowing as he was about Caicedo from memory (he’d been raving about him for months though) but although ‘small’, he’s apparently very tough, very fast and TV thinks he’ll be a top player (paraphrasing, but along those lines).

Thank you! All sounds good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paraguay play tonight vs Uruguay if anyone wants to see our new guy in action.

I've looked at a couple of website for expected staring line-ups, and he doesn't feature so it's looks likely he'll be on the bench.

However, I think he'll feature as it is a must-win game for Paraguay.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've looked at a couple of website for expected staring line-ups, and he doesn't feature so it's looks likely he'll be on the bench.

However, I think he'll feature as it is a must-win game for Paraguay.

If this recently turned 18 year old with two caps is considered a must-play player for them..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I love Tim Vickery and that slot on H&J is great! I love the fact that he still has a really strong English accent, but then all of a sudden drops in a name with a MASSIVE Spanish twang! It's totally the correct thing to do, but it just makes me smile. Especially when one of the others says the Anglicised version and they sound totally different :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love Tim Vickery and that slot on H&J is great! I love the fact that he still has a really strong English accent, but then all of a sudden drops in a name with a MASSIVE Spanish twang! It's totally the correct thing to do, but it just makes me smile. Especially when one of the others says the Anglicised version and they sound totally different :lolol:

I think he's got far more of a Brazilian Portuguese accent............his pronunciation of the Portuguese names/cities etc seems nailed to my untrained ear (I think he lives in Brasil)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Wondered why he wasn't on Five Live anymore.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think he's got far more of a Brazilian Portuguese accent............his pronunciation of the Portuguese names/cities etc seems nailed to my untrained ear (I think he lives in Brasil)

Very true! I think he lives in/near Rio, no? Maybe he does both Spanish and Portuguese without me realising!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What’s the latest on this wonder kid? Thought the confirmation was supposed to be today!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
One thing's for sure. Enciso has got to lose that two finger salute to his forehead when he scores.

Julio, that ain't gonna work here, son. It's too boy scout.

My advice: a salsa dance, with cupped ears.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lad is only on the bench and doesn't start vs Uruguay, so as expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here