[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Came on as a sub and looked okay for he final 20 minutes.
Hopefully we can get the deal done now. If so expect he will be loaned out.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So what's the deal with work permits etc.

Could he go into the first team straight away or does he need to play for USG first?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I doubt the medical would have taken place before their game today, so probably another couple of days.

Thank you. Yes saw he played last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So what's the deal with work permits etc.

Could he go into the first team straight away or does he need to play for USG first?

Lets see... he played 397 out of 1080 minutes in Copa Sudamericana. That is 36% if I remember how to calculate percents. This means... 0 points as it is a band 2 competition. He also played too little in Copa Libertadores. So 0 minutes from playing time in those competitions.

However, his club went to the semi finals in the Copa Sudamericana and he was in the matchday squads, so thats 6 points. Unfortunately they failed to go to the Copa Libertadores group stages so 0 points from that. Their quarter-finals in the same tournament in 2020 wont count because it is not within the 12 month limit.

All in all 6 points from the SA continental competitions.

Moving over to domestic competitions. The Paraguayan league is unfortunately a band 6 league. This is where I cant be bothered to do the exact maths and I also dont know if Clausura and Apertura counts as different competitions and doubles the point. Assuming not, he probably just goes over the 80% game time limit and gets 1 point from this, but it could be as much as 3.

Libertad won the Apertura season ending in December, meaning as a club from a band 6 club he Enciso gets another 1 point.

Furthermore he also gets another 2 points for playing in a band 6 club at all.

TLDR: So if I'm counting correctly, and he gets no additional points for being part of Paraguys Copa America squad (it seems not but I could be wrong), he gets between 10-12 points out of the necessary 15. No work permit.

In order to get his work permit, it is unlikely that he could stay in Paraguay. He would need to be loaned out to a decent league and get decent amount of game time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lets see... he played 397 out of 1080 minutes in Copa Sudamericana. That is 36% if I remember how to calculate percents. This means... 0 points as it is a band 2 competition. He also played too little in Copa Libertadores. So 0 minutes from playing time in those competitions.

However, his club went to the semi finals in the Copa Sudamericana and he was in the matchday squads, so thats 6 points. Unfortunately they failed to go to the Copa Libertadores group stages so 0 points from that. Their quarter-finals in the same tournament in 2020 wont count because it is not within the 12 month limit.

Moving over to domestic competitions. The Paraguayan league is unfortunately a band 6 league. This is where I cant be bothered to do the exact maths and I also dont know if Clausura and Apertura counts as different competitions and doubles the point. Assuming not, he probably just goes over the 80% game time limit and gets 1 point from this, but it could be as much as 3.

Libertad won the Apertura season ending in December, meaning as a club from a band 6 club he Enciso gets another 1 point.

TLDR: So if I'm counting correctly, and he gets no additional points for being part of Paraguys Copa America squad (it seems not but I could be wrong), he gets between 10-12 points out of the necessary 15. No work permit.

In order to get his work permit, it is unlikely that he could stay in Paraguay. He would need to be loaned out to a decent league and get decent amount of game time.

So in short, we are loaning him to Union Saint Gilloise :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

If only we had that option of a team to loan too... a solution will come to me in a minute ;-)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I do find the idea of seemingly signing a young lad on his 18th birthday, when a work permit is unlikely, when he will likely need to go straight out on loan, and when he’s coming all the way from South America, a little distasteful, but maybe I’m getting soft with old age.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I do find the idea of seemingly signing a young lad on his 18th birthday, when a work permit is unlikely, when he will likely need to go straight out on loan, and when he’s coming all the way from South America, a little distasteful, but maybe I’m getting soft with old age.

One would expect that the club has a decent contingency to allow support in this kind of circumstance.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I question the idea he would go to USG. I can't see any advantage for any of the parties in that. Given how well they are doing now I doubt he would get much game time for USG this season as a new young player. It's not like we can just tell USG they have to play him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it'll be like Ally Mac, will stay for a bit or be loaned somewhere else in SA. Can't see USG as a destination.

I agree with this. To me it makes more sense for him to see out the season where he is on loan and use that 4-6 months to help him acclimatize

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it'll be like Ally Mac, will stay for a bit or be loaned somewhere else in SA. Can't see USG as a destination.

I dont see him staying in Libertad. It is a band 6 league and regardless of how well he does it will be very difficult to pick up the necessary 15 pts to get a work permit. Currently Paraguay is poorly ranked and he would have to play a lot of games to get any points from that. So if he turns into a monstrous world class player in the next sixth months, the club would still most likely not be able to get a work permit for him in the summer.

Dont think they want that situation.

If he is going to stay in South America he needs to go to Brazil or Argentina (band 3, same as the Scottish PL which might be preferable in some ways, not sure if they have WP laws though?). But I would guess the club will send him to a band 2 league (Belgium, Turkey or Portugal), presumably to either a poor team where he is guaranteed game time or a good one where he will pick up points through their league position.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports