Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan rhodes

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well Ramirez played the same number of games, and scored more goals. If they hadn't bought Rhodes, I imagine they'd have gone for someone else.

His 6 goals in 18 games is hardly proof he'd get us promoted.

:lol:

You can never have proof any player would get you promoted. Otherwise he;d be worth about £200m

His record in the Championship is stunning overall.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would repeat money is the language of negotiation and persuasion.

Just to keep everybody happy I will reiterate that is my opinion and had the amount of money offered been too good to refuse iI think it would have worked,.

I'm sure money and persuasion were used. Eddie Howe, by all accounts, vetoed the move. We don't know what was offered, or how much should have been offered, or whether no amount of money in the world would have facilitated the deal. Anyway, that's an end of it. GM last season may well have made a difference, but the fact is it didn't.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No doubt Murray is the top earner, but at a reported £30k a week, an outlay of £1.5m for a striker of his quality was great business.

Not the point i was making at all. BG is adamant that bournemouth are paying all his wages and we are paying them a weekly fee to cover that with a loan fee on top

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not the point i was making at all. BG is adamant that bournemouth are paying all his wages and we are paying them a weekly fee to cover that with a loan fee on top
Oh I see.

Not sure how true this idea of a 'loan fee' is anyway, or whether it's just an urban myth. In the past, the borrowing club just paid the player's wages. I know Wayne Bridge was an exception to this.

My best guess would be we are just paying his wages.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets gets this straight I said that I read that we are paying a fee probably equal to his wages or slightly more to Bournemouth and they are paying his wages so we are not breaking our wage structure for any player. It may not be correct I dont know just what I read. So time to move on and let those that want to try to be clever and pedantic.

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I thought it was clear from the failed Pritchard deal that we're after a no 10, someone who can score but also who can provide assists and has pace. Rhodes is not that player. Vydra could be although he doesn't do assists I believe, Man U Pereira could be but a lot of other clubs are interested. It's going to be interesting who we get eventually.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Oh I see.

Not sure how true this idea of a 'loan fee' is anyway, or whether it's just an urban myth. In the past, the borrowing club just paid the player's wages. I know Wayne Bridge was an exception to this.

My best guess would be we are just paying his wages.

Bournemouth have said that we are paying all his wages but no loan fee

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lets gets this straight I said that I read that we are paying a fee probably equal to his wages or slightly more to Bournemouth and they are paying his wages so we are not breaking our wage structure for any player. It may not be correct I dont know just what I read. So time to move on and let those that want to try to be clever and pedantic.

Where on earth do you read this stuff BG ?

"They have thrashed out a loan arrangement instead, with no fee involved, to secure his services, while Bournemouth benefit by removing high-earning Murray from their wage bill."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14595567.Murray_can_be__perfect__in_the_Bobby_role/ (Jul 4)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where on earth do you read this stuff BG ?

"They have thrashed out a loan arrangement instead, with no fee involved, to secure his services, while Bournemouth benefit by removing high-earning Murray from their wage bill."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14595567.Murray_can_be__perfect__in_the_Bobby_role/ (Jul 4)

I cannot remember where I read it as I read so much but it seemed like we were paying them a fee equivalent to or slightly more than his wages and they used it to pay his wages so he was effectively off their wage bill and we werent paying his wages so the rest of the team wouldnt get the hump and want more. It may well be all wrong I dont know the full details as indeed nobody on here does. It does seem a logical way to overcome the wages for both clubs.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I cannot remember where I read it as I read so much but it seemed like we were paying them a fee equivalent to or slightly more than his wages and they used it to pay his wages so he was effectively off their wage bill and we werent paying his wages so the rest of the team wouldnt get the hump and want more. It may well be all wrong I dont know the full details as indeed nobody on here does. It does seem a logical way to overcome the wages for both clubs.

:moo:

So you made it all up then:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here