Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan rhodes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope but the reason Boro signed him is how we should be thinking if we are serious about going up auto.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And who was available, and might have been willing to come here in January that we might have gone for (apart from that bloke who came on as a sub for the West Ham squatters today, and the loan we wanted that the parent club wouldn't agree to)?

Money is the language of negotiation and persuassion

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As I said on another similar thread he scored the goals from January to get them promoted. He could do the same for us and after gaining promotion sell him on for a couple of million less than we paid to do the same for another team. This is after pocketing the prize of Premier League and the £180m prize. If we offered the money we had put aside for Pritchard we could get him.

Hemed scored more than him over that period

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sam provided assists, it's obvious that scoring wasn't the main thing he provided. Rhodes was all about scoring, and he didn't do a lot of that. BG is trying to argue that Rhodes scored the goals that got Middlesbrough promoted. He only scored 6 of their 26 goals since he joined, so no, he didn't.

I think he scored some pretty crucial ones though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They may have done or may not Rhodes did no question of ifs and buts.
No, you said "he scored the goals from January to get them promoted". No he didn't, he only scored 6 of the 26 goals that got them promoted. And you're suggesting he could do the same for us. Well that's ifs and buts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it is obvious GM who has said many times he wanted to join us in January but the deal couldnt be done.

Don't you ever read posts you reply to?

"(apart from that bloke who came on as a sub for the West Ham squatters today, and the loan we wanted that the parent club wouldn't agree to)"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But if they had someone else for 18 games, they would have scored some crucial ones.

Nugent - 8 goals
Ramirez - 7goals
Adomah - 6 goals
Rhodes - 6 goals

Rhodes joined in January, the others didn't.. Who else in 'boro's free scoring squad of super strikers do you propose would have stepped up.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, you said "he scored the goals from January to get them promoted". No he didn't, he only scored 6 of the 26 goals that got them promoted. And you're suggesting he could do the same for us. Well that's ifs and buts.

I am not prepared to argue with you any more as you cannot see the wood from the trees. All I will say is have a look and see which games he scored those goals in and how many points they secured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

"(apart from that bloke who came on as a sub for the West Ham squatters today, and the loan we wanted that the parent club wouldn't agree to)"

If he did he wouldn't be able to be right about everything.
He might have to concede other opinions are available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would repeat money is the language of negotiation and persuasion.

Just to keep everybody happy I will reiterate that is my opinion and had the amount of money offered been too good to refuse iI think it would have worked,.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rhodes joined in January, the others didn't.. Who else in 'boro's free scoring squad of super strikers do you propose would have stepped up.....
Well Ramirez played the same number of games, and scored more goals. If they hadn't bought Rhodes, I imagine they'd have gone for someone else.

His 6 goals in 18 games is hardly proof he'd get us promoted.

I am not prepared to argue with you any more as you cannot see the wood from the trees.
:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here