Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan rhodes

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For as long as Tony Bloom holds the purse strings, the likes of Jordan Rhodes will never play for this cub.

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying it's wrong. It's just that Tony would never pay an inflated transfer fee, or inflated wages for anybody like that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For as long as Tony Bloom holds the purse strings, the likes of Jordan Rhodes will never play for this cub.

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying it's wrong. It's just that Tony would never pay an inflated transfer fee, or inflated wages for anybody like that.

Do you not think he will consider it realising what might have been had he splahed the cash and GM signed in January.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
I hope Jordan still has a future with us, his granddad has recently died and that could explain his absence. The lad has really good attributes he is not blessed with pace but he knows how to score and reads the game so well, having watched him first hand now I have no doubts about him being good enough for the premiership , I just hope he gets that chance..if we do sell I think we may live to regret that decision. (Boro)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As I said on another similar thread he scored the goals from January to get them promoted. He could do the same for us and after gaining promotion sell him on for a couple of million less than we paid to do the same for another team. This is after pocketing the prize of Premier League and the £180m prize. If we offered the money we had put aside for Pritchard we could get him.

And break the wage structure by a long way that you suggested we had used a loophole not to break re Murray

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
season long loan - yes

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said on another similar thread he scored the goals from January to get them promoted.
After he joined Middlesbroguh, we scored more points than they did.

If we offered him enough money, we could break FFP rules and fail to get promoted. Genius.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After he joined Middlesbroguh, we scored more points than they did.

If we offered him enough money, we could break FFP rules and fail to get promoted. Genius.

FFP is now virtually dead in the wood. Yes we did score more points as we were behind them but he scored in some vital games usually late on in the game to give them the required points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFP is now virtually dead in the wood.
They're still putting transfer bans on clubs that break the rules, and our club wants to stay within the rules.

Yes we did score more points as we were behind them
No, we didn't score more points because we were behind them, we scored more because we were better. While they had Rhodes, we were better.

he scored in some vital games usually late on in the game to give them the required points.
He often didn't play well and only scored 6 goals in 18 games. We had players that scored goals too. The fact is, we got more points than them while he was there, and had we had him, we might have got even less points.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They're still putting transfer bans on clubs that break the rules, and our club wants to stay within the rules.

No, we didn't score more points because we were behind them, we scored more because we were better. While they had Rhodes, we were better.

He often didn't play well and only scored 6 goals in 18 games. We had players that scored goals too. The fact is, we got more points than them while he was there, and had we had him, we might have got even less points.
Compared with Sam B's enormous goal tally for last season.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shame we didnt buy a striker for the 4 most important months in AMEX history.

And who was available, and might have been willing to come here in January that we might have gone for (apart from that bloke who came on as a sub for the West Ham squatters today, and the loan we wanted that the parent club wouldn't agree to)?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
And break the wage structure by a long way that you suggested we had used a loophole not to break re Murray
No doubt Murray is the top earner, but at a reported £30k a week, an outlay of £1.5m for a striker of his quality was great business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Compared with Sam B's enormous goal tally for last season.
Sam provided assists, it's obvious that scoring wasn't the main thing he provided. Rhodes was all about scoring, and he didn't do a lot of that. BG is trying to argue that Rhodes scored the goals that got Middlesbrough promoted. He only scored 6 of their 26 goals since he joined, so no, he didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here