Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones In

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Our defence made a complete hash of their first goal. Greer is injured, so who would you have played? Hughes? Would he have defended any better?

[tweet]548570663032987649[/tweet]

See Easy 10 for the perfect sum up.

As it stands yes Ince instead of Gardner no way woulf reading have WALTZED thru the mf to score.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I attended the game today and witnessed us just about scramble a late point against an absolutely MINGING football team. I was as deflated as a pensioners tit when I saw that lineup.

Jones had an opportunity today to plant a flag in the ground, ring some changes and really GO for it against one of the most feeble teams in the division. Instead, he persisted with the appalling Gardner / JFC central midfield combo which has been a BIG part of landing us where we are this season, and played 1 up front. Against frigging READING.

They were there for the taking. The fact we salvaged something was a relief, but we only found ourselves in that position through our complete and utter ineptitude in the first place - and that started with the selection of the starting XI. Thats Jones. So he can DO one.

We need a manager.

MODS can we lock the thread now as this just about sums it up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
FFS Jones is not THE man. With Burke gone we need a born survivor with a bulging contacts book. But he is very much A man.

"Sami just sits in the dugout in his tracksuit". - Jones didn't.

"We don't have a holding midfielder". - We did today and he nearly scored to boot.

"We have no plan B". - We did today.

"The post match interviews are dull, contradictory and devoid of passion". - not today they weren't.

My ideal solution would be Jones stays on as assistant / first team coach / call it what you will because he KNOWS the players and can MOTIVATE them with an experienced old hand driving to get results from the get go.

Jones out totally is mental. You'd have no one left who knows the squad. Jones in as manager would be great if we were in mid table and had time but we don't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See Easy 10 for the perfect sum up.

As it stands yes Ince instead of Gardner no way woulf reading have WALTZED thru the mf to score.

I don't particularly like Gardner but have seen Ince directly responsible for goals scored against us this season by jumping out of our wall at Watford and passing directly to a Norwich player for them to score.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FFS Jones is not THE man. With Burke gone we need a born survivor with a bulging contacts book. But he is very much A man.

"Sami just sits in the dugout in his tracksuit". - Jones didn't.

"We don't have a holding midfielder". - We did today and he nearly scored to boot.

"We have no plan B". - We did today.

"The post match interviews are dull, contradictory and devoid of passion". - not today they weren't.

My ideal solution would be Jones stays on as assistant / first team coach / call it what you will because he KNOWS the players and can MOTIVATE them with an experienced old hand driving to get results from the get go.

Jones out totally is mental. You'd have no one left who knows the squad. Jones in as manager would be great if we were in mid table and had time but we don't.

Great post.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
He still played a thoroughly lightweight midfield. until a manager changes that we are doomed no matter how much passion you show.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't particularly like Gardner but have seen Ince directly responsible for goals scored against us this season by jumping out of our wall at Watford and passing directly to a Norwich player for them to score.
Whereas Gardner is largely ineffectual lazy and unlike Ince isnt ours. Sorry but Gardner is a waste of shirt.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It was great to see our manager showing real passion in the dugout, and actually making changes that affected the game. The players went from zero belief to playing some really nice stuff as the game went on.

I'm in the Jones In camp.

You're totally deluded then.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Another good post. He gave a good interview after the game so if that doesn't get him the job i dont know what will.
if he doesn't get the job , i trust tony bloom has been on utube all Christmas looking at other good candidates who do a good interview. :clap2:

Post on your main account.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Not touched a drop. He got the team fired up for the second half, he went three at the back (and two upfront) when needed. Nothing much more a manager could do. With the January window approaching, no one knows what we need more than him.

He's the man for the job at this time IMO

What more can the manager do? Not his fault the players were asleep the first 20 minutes. Reacted well, and I love the fact he suited up. Jones in, for the moment for me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I attended the game today and witnessed us just about scramble a late point against an absolutely MINGING football team. I was as deflated as a pensioners tit when I saw that lineup.

Jones had an opportunity today to plant a flag in the ground, ring some changes and really GO for it against one of the most feeble teams in the division. Instead, he persisted with the appalling Gardner / JFC central midfield combo which has been a BIG part of landing us where we are this season, and played 1 up front. Against frigging READING.

They were there for the taking. The fact we salvaged something was a relief, but we only found ourselves in that position through our complete and utter ineptitude in the first place - and that started with the selection of the starting XI. Thats Jones. So he can DO one.

We need a manager.

Deflated as a pensioners tit.....:lolol:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Absolutely stupid idea to even consider Jones for the job. If the club did that then alot of fans will give up with the clubs ambition. Now isn't the time to start trying out inexperienced managers. I expected more from the OP. I could imagine thousands not renewing if Jones got the job.
Bloom knows this and thankfully Jones will never be in the running.
It'a about time the club and fans like the op start thinking like a big club we are suppose to be. Get Pulis or Sherwood in NOW.

how can you write about not needing an inexperienced manager then suggest sherwood? he has had less than a season in charge in his entire career, where he did sweet FA with a squad that cost over 100m?

why is sherwood getting all this attention? he came across like an arrogant prick the entire time he was manager. he spent more time trying to sell himself for the job full time and complain about the fact he was going to get replaced than actually manage

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Although I wouldn't want Jones to be our permanent manager, I think he gave us a glimpse today of what our squad is capable of, and highlighted just how inept Hyypia was.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
At times today we were as bad as we've been all season. But I never expected us to recover from two goals down and I never expected to hear a manager's interview that made me think the man in charge cares about the result more than I do.

Whatever happens next, well done Nathan for approaching this game so professionally. Several posters on this thread have derided "passion" as a poor subsitute for experience but in my opinion it's been sorely lacking on the touchline for nearly two seasons now and if it adds that extra 5%-10% on the pitch then that may well be enough to save our season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
same team selection, same formation, same tactics - first half was an absolute shocker. fair play - there was a vast improvement in the second half but to start with the same midfield as Sammi (which is basically no midfield) was an appalling error and goes to show why (as assistant manager) he was unable to help Sammi turn it around. gotta go or U21s for me.

Oh dear. I can only assume you weren't there today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here