Jonathan Obika

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who says we should change our formation to accomodate ONE player is an idiot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You realise Billy Sharp (who you also mention), is on £25k a week, and Southampton are yet to let him go on loan because wants to pay 100% of that?

This is definitely Saints' position on Sharp NOW. However, as adamant as they are, that they will only let him out on loan if all his wages are covered, a few more months of paying him £100k a MONTH to sit on his arse, might soften their stance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Judging? Calling other people snobs?

But I'm judging them based on what they have written, thus using direct evidence.

People are judging his footballing ABILITY based on never seeing his ability. That's snobbery. Mine was observation backed by visual evidence.

So, basically, I win. :lolol:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2008– Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2009 → Yeovil Town (loan) 10 (4)
2009–2010 → Yeovil Town (loan) 22 (6)
2010 → Millwall (loan) 12 (2)
2010–2011 → Crystal Palace (loan) 7 (0)
2011 → Peterborough United (loan) 1 (1)
2011 → Swindon Town (loan) 5 (0)
2011 → Yeovil Town (loan) 11 (3)
2011–2012 → Yeovil Town (loan) 27 (4)
2013 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 10 (3

Inspiring career thus far.

Going by this he is still a Tottenham player and is on a minimum 5 year contract, really? ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Journalist from the South London Press. "Charlton won't be happy"

[tweet]377022339398905857[/tweet]
[tweet]377022483099951104[/tweet]

one fan says in response "I wouldn't worry. He was shite at #cpfc"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well I think he will be PHENOMENAL*

*A little NSC tip. Always be the one positive statement/prediction on a negative thread so you can bounce it in 5 years time when said player is a club legend.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This is definitely Saints' position on Sharp NOW. However, as adamant as they are, that they will only let him out on loan if all his wages are covered, a few more months of paying him £100k a MONTH to sit on his arse, might soften their stance.

Very true. BUT The Barnsley manager was interviewed stating they'd offered 75% of his wages, and Saints had turned it down. Therefore, considering 5 clubs had made offers for him, i'm assuming we'd be looking at the best part of 17/18k a week. Otherwise they can just accept Barnsleys 75% offer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You realise Billy Sharp (who you also mention), is on £25k a week, and Southampton are yet to let him go on loan because wants to pay 100% of that?
You realise that the reason Vaz Te didn't go to Norwich was because he wanted a PAY RISE?
You realise that Bechio was named in Norwich's 25 man team? and (according to Leeds fans) on almost 20k a week at Leeds, before his move to Norwich, who will be paying him more?

We have 4 strikers all on decent money. You have heard of FFP haven't you? Or are you another one of these idiots who thinks we should just ignore it and splash the cash?

You also realise that Barber said that all the price increases were to ensure that we meet FFP guidelines AND that our budget is the same as last year? Well clearly, we haven't spent over £3m this year so I do have to ask, where has my money gone too?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You also realise that Barber said that all the price increases were to ensure that we meet FFP guidelines AND that our budget is the same as last year? Well clearly, we haven't spent over £3m this year so I do have to ask, where has my money gone too?

Ensuring we don't have an £8 million deficit like we did previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports