Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Obika

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Who said anything about sitting on the bench?? They would be starters in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formation. I'm bringing them in to start not sit on the bench.

Also are you the club accountant? How do you know we cannot afford these players for 93 days??

Ahh so you're just unhappy with formation rather than the striker. I'll just ignore you then.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It's the service to the forwards that is just as important as the striker himself. Maybe he hasn't had the quality of service up till now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have seen you post this opinion in numerous threads. You do realise the loanee will be a bench player who will probably be behind Barnes/CMS when they are fit. Obviously Leo starts and we only play one striker. Who are you expecting to come here and happily be back up that fits this "higher aim"?

I will refrain from judgement as I have never seen him play but some players just click at certain clubs, you never know, he may play well when given the chance.

He's going to sit on the bench until Barnes is back and then may well dissapear from the squad depending on performances. In the situation we weren't likely to get anyone proven.

Exactly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nathan Jones' coaching career....
2009–2012Yeovil Town (Assistant manager)
2012–2013Charlton Athletic (Under-21 Coach)
2013–Brighton & Hove Albion (Assistant Head Coach)

Good post.

Oscar has no English links, so we are now relying on the few restricted ones that Nathan has.

Hmmmmm

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ahh so you're just unhappy with formation rather than the striker. I'll just ignore you then.

No.........

Clearly you have an inability to read properly. Re-read my previous post. :flameboun:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
How long will it take before people work out that ...... WE WILL NOT PLAY 442 !! The loanee would play instead of Ulloa, not with !! hence he will be mostly on the bench

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We have cover for the supporting striker role, Orlandi/Buckley/Barnes. So we just needed a hold up player, Obika will cover Ulloa for the last half hour of matches (depending on the score), I presume he can hold up the ball and bring others into play. He's not an out and out striker, we're lucky that we've got Ulloa who is a target man AND a proper striker rolled into one.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not heard about this, or in fact anyone we're trying to bring in upfront.

I suppose it'd be a decent bit of cover. He's young, 6ft tall and gives us cover in the Ulloa role. If our analysts think he fits the bill that's good enough for me.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
How long will it take before people work out that ...... WE WILL NOT PLAY 442 !! The loanee would play instead of Ulloa, not with !! hence he will be mostly on the bench

Agree!! - What i and some others have been saying all along!!!!!,why would anybody want to come along to us who is decent and sit on the bench!, we will not play 442 and this guy will be behind CMS & Barnes

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good rumour. Like the Nathan Jones link. If he played lots of games for other loan teams, did he play 90 mins or come on just for injury time? Stats are what they are

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some people are such SNOBS.

"not an inspring career"
"He keeps going on loan"
"Not many goals".

Let me post you England international (and now-regular tottenham player) Andros Townsends career before his QPR loan spell last season.

2009 → Yeovil Town (loan) 10 (1)
2009 → Leyton Orient (loan) 22 (2)
2010 → Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 9 (2)
2010 → Ipswich Town (loan) 13 (1)
2011 → Watford (loan) 3 (0)
2011 → Millwall (loan) 11 (2)
2012 → Leeds United (loan) 6 (1)
2012 → Birmingham City (loan) 15 (0

If someone with that record (9 goals over 3 years at 8 clubs) joined us then this place would be full of the same negative stuff. Townsend joined QPR with that record, was BRILLIANT and is now firing.

Give the bloke a chance before judging.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, since 2008 has been on loan with loads of different clubs without securing a permanent deal. Not casting doubts on his ability, but it does seem strange that he hasn't settled anywhere.

Could be the old favourite he is on reasonable wages at Spurs and under contract or you could equally argue why havent Spurs released him on a free.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Erm Townsend is not a striker, so how many goals he has scored is neither here nor there. That's not to say I have anything against Obika as I have never seen him play.

Those saying he has only come as a back up to Ulloa if he gets injured. Why would Spurs let him go to a club who will only let him warm the bench? They want him to have game time.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
So 3 goals in 17 champ appearances.... Jeez :nono: Would rather Harry Kane looks the brighter prospect of the two.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Derby have had a stream of sh*te youngsters on load from Spurs, they seem to have a production line of 'highly rated' but ultimately a bit crap players. Glad it's someone elses turn now!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be interesting to see what Fat Addick's view of his style of play, skill, and potential before deciding what the lad might bring to the feast

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lets get Vaz Te or Becchio for 93 days and if they start banging them in then take the plunge in January and sign them.

You realise Billy Sharp (who you also mention), is on £25k a week, and Southampton are yet to let him go on loan because wants to pay 100% of that?
You realise that the reason Vaz Te didn't go to Norwich was because he wanted a PAY RISE?
You realise that Bechio was named in Norwich's 25 man team? and (according to Leeds fans) on almost 20k a week at Leeds, before his move to Norwich, who will be paying him more?

We have 4 strikers all on decent money. You have heard of FFP haven't you? Or are you another one of these idiots who thinks we should just ignore it and splash the cash?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here