Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Obika

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
we (NSC) were talking about Ross M of leeds but were the club considering it? we were also talking about Forlan and other targets out of range

Read my post again. I said that type of player, not just Ross himself. I'm still hoping we can sign someone who can play at the same time as Ulloa, not instead of. CMS will not be happy to just sit on the bench, nor will a loanee.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I want to see a striker that can run to the near post and head the ball goalwards, or just take the defender with him allowing the cross to Ulloa. If Barnes and Ulloa play together they go for the same ball instinctively.

In the current squad, Calderon seems about the best at this (from corners). I would like to think Lualua could learn to do this. Not the heading bit so much.

Aug 23, 2011
Read my post again. I said that type of player, not just Ross himself. I'm still hoping we can sign someone who can play at the same time as Ulloa, not instead of. CMS will not be happy to just sit on the bench, nor will a loanee.

sorry it felt like you were writing Obika off because he wasn't a known player like Ross M. Who knows if we have the budget for a player like that. I can't remember when he was mentioned exactly but i'm sure it pre-dated Ulloa and so he may have been the alternative (if he was ever really being considered). A loanee wouldn't want to be on the bench all the time but it is becoming more and more a squad game rather than just 11 players and he like any player would have to earn their place. In theory if a loanee came in and banged in a goal a game and Ulloa ended up on the bench he obviously wouldn't be happy but you have to go with the best/most in form player

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think I would train Lualua to play the role and forget about a new striker of the nippy variety.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
another "exotic" player ....in reality just another showboater that wouldnt be any better than our development players

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton

This just makes so much sense to me. If we want a player to act merely as back up for Ulloa then that's what we'll get but see no reason why we can't in ideal world find someone who can play alongside Ulloa as well as an alternative.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Since when was North London exotic?

:lolol:
I think we all know what he means.

Some people won't be happy until Tony Pullis and an army of milky skinned Peters and Michaels come charging over the Falmer downs to save our club from this foreign muck.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
:lolol:
I think we all know what he means.

Some people won't be happy until Tony Pullis and an army of milky skinned Peters and Michaels come charging over the Falmer downs to save our club from this foreign muck.

I'm sure Mick would've been up in arms if we'd tried to sign Le Tissier at his peak. Le Saux too. Bloody foreign nancy boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here