[Politics] Johnson inquiry verdict

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson ally, Lord Cruddas, recently claimed that Rishi Sunak was head of a left-of-centre social democratic government, and that a purge was needed to return the Party to 'true Conservatism'.
The one who was made a Lord with a £500,000 donation to the Conservative Party.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From this day forward, Johnson should be addressed as " Disgraced ex-Prime Minister Boris Johnson " whenever he appears on TV and Radio or is referred to in the media.

There is some additional evidence released today, from here:

The reason I mention it, is last year I got into a series of long conversions (around March 2022) with a women whose son worked in number 10.

I didn't know the women, but let's say we were in the same room daily for a number of weeks.

She was a conservative voter, but her son completely confirmed the below. Her son wasn't much of a drinker and was not only appalled by the drinking/party culture in No 10, but that it continued into the pandemic.

This is why Johnson has to go. It's not about a cake, it's about presiding over a "doesn't apply to us" culture.
Exactly.

The whole cake business was a complete red herring. It matters not a jot whether he ate any cake or not - the fact that HE WAS THERE as part of one of a number of gatherings is the whole point. Sadly, the feeble minds followed Johnson's trope about the cake in an attempt to trivialise and discredit the entire fiasco.

Johnsons overall defence - rhat he didn't know the rules about gatherings and was misadvised - is about as robust as a bead curtain. Frankly it insults the intelligence - its astonishing if he really thought that this genuinely had ANY chance of standing up to even the most cursory scrutiny. This was finally something he couldn't lie, bluster or bully his way out of, and the resulting explosion of rage from this rancid stinking slab of tory filth is absolutely joyful to behold.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
One thing is for sure. Once BJ realises that the cameras are no longer on him, he will no longer continue with those ridiculous daily road runs!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Talking of Ian Dunt, he’s provided a detailed breakdown of the report here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the ministerial code written by Johnson?

It is his new wording of the ministerial code that requires that to be guilty of a breach the PM must knowingly and deliberately set out to deceive.

This is why Johnson's sole defense was that he thought that everything he did was according to the rules.

And this is why people are now lining up do defend him (on the radio) using the narrative that he cannot possibly be found guilty because it is impossible to establish a person's intentions. (Indeed one tory MP idiot just criticized the committee for seeking to establish 'knowingly and deliberately' on the grounds that no such concept exists in law, in effect for seeking to examine the requirement that Johnson himself wrote).

The fact that the committee have decided that it is possible to deduce Johnson's intentions, evidently by juxtaposing his declarations with his actions, and indeed the instruction to hide what was going on (see @Wozza's posts today), is doubly hilarious.

No wonder Johnson is so furious - he creates rules that in effect means that he can never be found guilty of the charges, and the committee has deemed his evidence a pack of lies.

It will be interesting to see how many tory MPs vote that these lies should be deemed as lies, and how many deem the lies to not be lies because Johnson sincerely believes they are not lies. Ignore all the other bluster, this is what it boils down to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One thing is for sure. Once BJ realises that the cameras are no longer on him, he will no longer continue with those ridiculous daily road runs!
Oh yes, dropped off by his driver, to be photographed running in lace up shoes, office shirt, open necked, but floral shorts.
If he’s ever run more than a kilometre anywhere, I’ll eat my sun hat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Exactly.

The whole cake business was a complete red herring. It matters not a jot whether he ate any cake or not - the fact that HE WAS THERE as part of one of a number of gatherings is the whole point. Sadly, the feeble minds followed Johnson's trope about the cake in an attempt to trivialise and discredit the entire fiasco.

Johnsons overall defence - rhat he didn't know the rules about gatherings and was misadvised - is about as robust as a bead curtain. Frankly it insults the intelligence - its astonishing if he really thought that this genuinely had ANY chance of standing up to even the most cursory scrutiny. This was finally something he couldn't lie, bluster or bully his way out of, and the resulting explosion of rage from this rancid stinking slab of tory filth is absolutely joyful to behold.

But only to the majority it appears. Listening and reading this morning, to a not insignificant minority it seems a rock solid defence :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh yes, dropped off by his driver, to be photographed running in lace up shoes, office shirt, open necked, but floral shorts.
If he’s ever run more than a kilometre anywhere, I’ll eat my sun hat.
To be fair, he does have an athlete's physique! !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever you think of Blair and Iraq when Chilcot was release he faced 2-3 hours of hard questioning at a press conference.

And Johnson, he just hides and goes into Trump mode

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love the way that he can't even finish his final childish rant without one last lie

The last line of his statement. 'It is for the people of this country to decide who sits in parliament, not Harriet Harman.'

Yes it is you lying little twat, so why don't you wait for parliament to return their verdict and, if they agree with the report, stand at the by election that will result and let the people of the your constituency decide, rather than running away throwing your shit behind you like some demented chimp :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This needs to happen, we need to lance with boil once and for all.

This from one of the jokers who got a Knighthood

I’m #TeamStocks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He only runs when he get's bad press. Right I'll don a riduclous outfit and waddle around the block a bit like a inflatable scarecrow come walrus. Bloke's a @~£$ of the highest order!
If he ran every time he got bad press he should be a good 6 stone lighter..... :ROFLMAO:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All the Covid rules and the lockdown were ridiculous and unnecessary so no surprise that Boris found them difficult to follow. Only trouble was it was his government that put them in place. However I can understand him denying that he attended any "parties". Did the rules specify exactly what a "party" was? Where did a business meeting end and a "party" begin? Sure he broke some rules, but I like that about people if they're stupid rules in the first place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the Covid rules and the lockdown were ridiculous and unnecessary so no surprise that Boris found them difficult to follow. Only trouble was it was his government that put them in place. However I can understand him denying that he attended any "parties". Did the rules specify exactly what a "party" was? Where did a business meeting end and a "party" begin? Sure he broke some rules, but I like that about people if they're stupid rules in the first place.
He is a liar. He was sacked from two previous jobs for lying.
He has been found to have lied to Parliament four times.

By all means admire him for breaking ‘stupid rules’ but be man enough to own up to it.

He didn’t. He lied.
He’s not even hanging around to take his punishment but has resigned.
He’s a coward.
A cowardly liar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports