Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson inquiry verdict

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yeah, there are a few more pro-Johnson comments there now but I'd still say the majority are anti.

However, the ones that are pro are clearly completely bonkers as they talk about "remainer plots" and that the Conservative cabinet are a bunch of Marxists
Johnson ally, Lord Cruddas, recently claimed that Rishi Sunak was head of a left-of-centre social democratic government, and that a purge was needed to return the Party to 'true Conservatism'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone who thinks even this will put a stop to him is wrong IMHO, like all bad smells he will be back. This would finish any other political career, stone dead, but Johnson is some form of political zombie.
Apart from the other blonde, narcissistic, female-bothering ex-leader in the US of A. 'Boris' is, of course "Britain Trump" – according to the indicted one :unclesam:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
There are still plenty of loons chipping in.... a very quick way to fill up ones bingo card...

EDIT: I'm not sure if 'Steamer' is deliberate or not, but it's funny :)

View attachment 162311
Utterly insane and unhinged, these people. Descending further down a Hard Right rabbit-hole.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
On BBC news yesterday they asked a voter in his old constituancy if he'd vote for him if he returned.

"Yes of course"

"Why?"

"Because he's a character, he's funny and quirky, and he upsets people."

Basically sums up politics here and in the US at the moment.
Meaning that he "owns the libs" - that's enough, for many people; "Johnson offends the people that I hate, so I'll support the guy." Just like Trump supporters across the Pond

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Johnson ally, Lord Cruddas, recently claimed that Rishi Sunak was head of a left-of-centre social democratic government, and that a purge was needed to return the Party to 'true Conservatism'.
Would that be the 'Lord' Cruddas who lost his post of Conservative party treasurer after offering access to poliiticians for cash donations? And whose peerage was endorsed by Johnson after HOLAC recommended that it should be refused.

Sounds like a person whose judgment should be taken seriously ...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

The reality is that Thatcher (just as she did with Archer) would acknowledge the popularity but keep him on a short lead.

I've no idea why these extremists on the right of the party can't see Johnson is just another Archer.

An individual with no particularly political vision to speak of who has used the party for personal advancement.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
How right wing would you have to be to think Sunak is a Social Democrat?
Insanely Right-wing!

Probably like by brother-in-law, who thinks The Guardian is Communist!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And Blair led us into an illegal war based on fabricated evidence. So he gets a plum assignment as a Peace Envoy.

No I didn't vote for Johnson, just pointing out that they are pretty much all corrupt and just after their own little power.
The first line of your comment is fact so recognised as such; the second half of your second line is your opinion and in my view naively plays into the current Johnsonian agenda.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Deliberately mislead parliament on four separate occasions.

Parliamentary pass confiscated.

90 day suspension.

What he will do is, having resigned, he will see out the 90 day period, be re-elected in another constituency, then correctly claim that he never served any suspension, meaning that he was never punished and therefore guilty of nothing.

And his supporters will lap it up.

Apologies if there is a separate thread.

You missed out the poll H :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'll do it :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
although I'm sure that his "what a character" schtick will pull in the dollars on the US circuit.
What is it with the US though? I could be wrong but I cannot see the same clamour from, say France, Germany, Sweden etc. What is it with the US? I dont even think he's a particularly good speaker either.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Typically for his own personal advantage, Johnson has already begun his latest assault on the propriety and integrity of UK Politics.

Sir Bernard Jenkin is not a politician for whom I have any affection, but I believe he would and has conducted himself properly and impartially as required in the Privileges Committee.

Johnson's absolute perfidy was hinted at when he exclaimed that he would accept the legitimacy of the Committee if it broadly found in his favour.... otherwise no..... and now he is trashing anyone that confronts him....

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is some additional evidence released today, from here:

The reason I mention it, is last year I got into a series of long conversions (around March 2022) with a women whose son worked in number 10.

I didn't know the women, but let's say we were in the same room daily for a number of weeks.

She was a conservative voter, but her son completely confirmed the below. Her son wasn't much of a drinker and was not only appalled by the drinking/party culture in No 10, but that it continued into the pandemic.

This is why Johnson has to go. It's not about a cake, it's about presiding over a "doesn't apply to us" culture.

1686827595279.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is it with the US though? I could be wrong but I cannot see the same clamour from, say France, Germany, Sweden etc. What is it with the US? I dont even think he's a particularly good speaker either.
I read an interesting piece from someone who saw him do five minutes as guest speaker at some function (nice little earner). He captivated the audience with his spontaneity and humour. He got up and *pretended* to not be entirely sure what town he was in, then told quite a good joke, and so on.

The person noting this was then astonished a year later to see him somewhere else, going through the exact same routine. Not spontaneous but a well rehearsed pantomime.

If he were a stand up, fair enough. But he was pedaling sincerity. That's sinister.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I read an interesting piece from someone who saw him do five minutes as guest speaker at some function (nice little earner). He captivated the audience with his spontaneity and humour. He got up and *pretended* to not be entirely sure what town he was in, then told quite a good joke, and so on.

The person noting this was then astonished a year later to see him somewhere else, going through the exact same routine. Not spontaneous but a well rehearsed pantomime.

If he were a stand up, fair enough. But he was pedaling sincerity. That's sinister.
I am sure that many of his sycophantic supporters justify their love of Johnson on the grounds that he is "authentic" and "tells it like it is" - when the rest of us know it is all a 'clever' act intended to beguile the gullible and fool the feeble-minded. Sadly, it works.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

In the same way, he has been spotted deliberately ruffling his hair before the cameras caught him, or appearing in Parliament. The little naughty boy routine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here