Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson inquiry verdict

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Deliberately mislead parliament on four separate occasions.

Parliamentary pass confiscated.

90 day suspension.

What he will do is, having resigned, he will see out the 90 day period, be re-elected in another constituency, then correctly claim that he never served any suspension, meaning that he was never punished and therefore guilty of nothing.

And his supporters will lap it up.

Apologies if there is a separate thread.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And Blair led us into an illegal war based on fabricated evidence. So he gets a plum assignment as a Peace Envoy.

No I didn't vote for Johnson, just pointing out that they are pretty much all corrupt and just after their own little power.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And Blair led us into an illegal war based on fabricated evidence. So he gets a plum assignment as a Peace Envoy.

No I didn't vote for Johnson, just pointing out that they are pretty much all corrupt and just after their own little power.
That comment is absurd.

All as bad as each other.....really?

The war with Iraq was not illegal. That's why Blair was not tried and convicted.

You'll be telling us next that Corbyn was so popular that he was the best prime minister we ever had.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Top whataboutism within the first three posts :lol:

Take a bow, son :clap2:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

They are not all corrupt. A lazy argument and a thinly veiled attempt to defend the indefensible.

Poor.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Deliberately mislead parliament on four separate occasions.

Parliamentary pass confiscated.

90 day suspension.

What he will do is, having resigned, he will see out the 90 day period, be re-elected in another constituency, then correctly claim that he never served any suspension, meaning that he was never punished and therefore guilty of nothing.

And his supporters will lap it up.

Apologies if there is a separate thread.
No, the 90 day suspension applies to whenever he wants to re-enter the House via an election.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I try to steer clear of political threads, but what really scares me is the support that Johnson still has despite clearly being a pathalogical lier
I honestly don't think people care. Largely because he's a 'character' (although quite why you need a 'character' to run the country is beyond me).

"Everyone lies." "It was only a bit of cake." "It's a witch-hunt." They seem to be just three of the bizarre responses from his defenders.

What a time to be alive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I try to steer clear of political threads, but what really scares me is the support that Johnson still has despite clearly being a pathalogical lier
You and me both. I have been shocked by some people declaring how much they like him, and he got brexit done, including my own sister in law.

The media, and broadcasters have a lot to answer for. It’s nothing short of propaganda and they have enabled him.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Vaguely relevant point. Once the Tories go into opposition, they will be striving to take both the moral high ground and point out how they would make a much better job of managing the economy.

At what point does the answer become bring back the prime minister who had a "10 year majority" and managed to fritter it away in 2 with a combination of ineptitude, personal agrrandisement and a distant aquantance with the truth?

The Tory party may not change its spots, but Johnson is toast and will have to find a rich trough outside Westminster.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It’s how conmen work, until they get caught. Very plausible.
James Fenimore Cooper in 1838 identified four fundamental characteristics of demagogues:
  • They present themselves as a man or woman of the common people, opposed to the elites.
  • Their politics depends on a visceral connection with the people, which greatly exceeds ordinary political popularity.
  • They manipulate this connection, and the raging popularity it affords, for their own benefit and ambition.
  • They threaten or outright break established rules of conduct, institutions, and even the law.

I think that more, or less, sums him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here