Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson inquiry verdict

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And Blair led us into an illegal war based on fabricated evidence. So he gets a plum assignment as a Peace Envoy.

No I didn't vote for Johnson, just pointing out that they are pretty much all corrupt and just after their own little power.
This is such a lazy trope. The vast majority of MPs (from all parties) are dedicated individuals working for their constituents - through work I've had dealings with several and have generally been impressed with their knowledge and capabilities. There are some scoundrels, chancers and idlers among them but, happily, they are few and far between.

Johnson stands on his own as the most mendacious. indolent, two-faced and venal individual to have attained high office in my lifetime. I hope this is the end of his political career ... although I'm sure that his "what a character" schtick will pull in the dollars on the US circuit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This is such a lazy trope. The vast majority of MPs (from all parties) are dedicated individuals working for their constituents - through work I've had dealings with several and have generally been impressed with their knowledge and capabilities. There are some scoundrels, chancers and idlers among them but, happily, they are few and far between.

Johnson stands on his own as the most mendacious. indolent, two-faced and venal individual to have attained high office in my lifetime. I hope this is the end of his political career ... although I'm sure that his "what a character" schtick will pull in the dollars on the US circuit.
Not really re Blair, it shouldn’t be forgotten.

However re Johnson, absolutely bang on. Conniving, vile bastard, who really has let his party and the country down.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Like Trump sycophants in the U.S., Johnson's army of blinkered supporters will just cite this as further 'evidence' of a conspiracy, revenge or witch-hunt by the 'liberal elite' and 'Woke, Remainer, Establishment'

This was exactly the line adopted by the Seig Mail when Johnson resigned last week; a 'great man' hounded out by the 'radical Left', Euro-fanatics, and militant liberals.

Some people are so deluded and immune to evidence as to be beyond reasoning with. Johnson could burn-down their house in front of their eyes and they'd still defend him - while blaming Labour or 'liberals' for their burning home.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Like Trump sycophants in the U.S., Johnson's army of blinkered supporters will just cite this as further 'evidence' of a conspiracy, revenge or witch-hunt by the 'liberal elite' and 'Woke, Remainer, Establishment'

This was exactly the line adopted by the Seig Mail when Johnson resigned last week; a 'great man' hounded out by the 'radical Left', Euro-fanatics, and militant liberals.

Some people are so deluded and immune to evidence as to be beyond reasoning with. Johnson could burn-down their house in front of their eyes and they'd still defend him - while blaming Labour or 'liberals' for their burning home.
This is an amazingly accurate description of the strategy that helped Johnson get where he did (unsurprising I suppose, as he wrote it himself)

In 1988, a young Johnson wrote an essay about how to succeed in student politics. For the aspiring politician, the most important tactic was to surround yourself with what he described as a “disciplined and deluded collection of stooges”.

“The tragedy of the stooge”, he wrote, “is he wants so much to believe that his relationship with the candidate is special that he shuts out the truth”.

“The terrible art of the candidate is to coddle the self-deception of the stooge.”

https://bylinetimes.com/2023/06/10/...ly-exposed-britains-broken-political-culture/

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
At least now politics can't get in the way of his breeding programme.
I wasn't aware it had got in the way, though!

Besides, he's been f*cking the country for years, although a worryingly large number of people seem to enjoy being screwed by him..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Well said.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I try to steer clear of political threads, but what really scares me is the support that Johnson still has despite clearly being a pathalogical lier
Just heard a woman on R5 just now. "They all lied apart from Boris".

Unbelievable.

"Newspapers have got a lot to answer for"

"Dominic Cummins has a lot to answer for"

Quality delusion.

Campbell wants to keep her on the line. For comedy value one assumes.

"Why call him a serial liar?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This seems more plausible. The OP posted with such authority I wonder if he will respond
I was speculating. Happy to be corrected.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking at the readers' comment on the Telegraph story it seems that even they have turned against him. If he's lost the Torygraph readership, there's no hope for him

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I said in another thread (Merge perhaps?),

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in prison at some point. He cannot stop the con, always grifting. He’ll mess with the wrong people soon enough.

If he does ever serve time, I fully expect him to go black-face and give it the whole “long walk to freedom” routine.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Deliberately mislead parliament on four separate occasions.

Parliamentary pass confiscated.

90 day suspension.

What he will do is, having resigned, he will see out the 90 day period, be re-elected in another constituency, then correctly claim that he never served any suspension, meaning that he was never punished and therefore guilty of nothing.

And his supporters will lap it up.

Apologies if there is a separate thread.

There is a common misconception that Johnson will be able to walk back into Parliament via a safe seat. The Conservative party is not going to offer him that route, when he is so clearly out for revenge against everyone in the party who has wronged him.

Farage despite wall to wall press and TV coverage was not able to win a hand picked seat, without the support of the huge party machinery of the Tory party behind him. For Johnson to pull this off he would require huge populist support and hard graft. I can see his support whithering until it is just him and Nads and the latter is way beyond his limited ability.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I try to steer clear of political threads, but what really scares me is the support that Johnson still has despite clearly being a pathalogical lier
And its exactly the same over the Pond with Trump. Supporters can't admit that they have been lied to and duped, they have to cling on and try to deny,confuse or shout " But what about Starmer's Curry, Hunter Biden, Hilary, Bernard Jenkin...Brexit "?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I said in another thread (Merge perhaps?),

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in prison at some point. He cannot stop the con, always grifting. He’ll mess with the wrong people soon enough.

If he does ever serve time, I fully expect him to go black-face and give it the whole “long walk to freedom” routine.
From this day forward, Johnson should be addressed as " Disgraced ex-Prime Minister Boris Johnson " whenever he appears on TV and Radio or is referred to in the media.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone who thinks even this will put a stop to him is wrong IMHO, like all bad smells he will be back. This would finish any other political career, stone dead, but Johnson is some form of political zombie.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone who thinks even this will put a stop to him is wrong IMHO, like all bad smells he will be back. This would finish any other political career, stone dead, but Johnson is some form of political zombie.
You’re right. He’ll never stop.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nah, there's no way back for him. There's a tiny band of loyal supporters but most fellow Tory MPs absolutely loathe him, that's why he resigned rather than face the House as he knew that he was toast. As has been noted by many people, he has very few actual friends, just hangers-on, he'd get nowhere.

Of course, it is possible that he gets into bed with Farage and becomes leader of Reform but that won't be an easy path as there some monstrous egos at play there: Farage, Johnson and Tice are an unholy trinity. I'd be looking forward to Johnson being beaten by someone dressed as a dolphin

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Looking at the readers' comment on the Telegraph story it seems that even they have turned against him. If he's lost the Torygraph readership, there's no hope for him

There are still plenty of loons chipping in.... a very quick way to fill up ones bingo card...

EDIT: I'm not sure if 'Steamer' is deliberate or not, but it's funny :)

1686824313844.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are still plenty of loons chipping in.... a very quick way to fill up ones bingo card...
Yeah, there are a few more pro-Johnson comments there now but I'd still say the majority are anti.

However, the ones that are pro are clearly completely bonkers as they talk about "remainer plots" and that the Conservative cabinet are a bunch of Marxists

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here