Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman Appreciation

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My MOTM last night. Pocketed Zaha and Eze. He does so much “behind the scenes” stuff, anything possible to gain an advantage. Just love the guy.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
A masterclass in total shitehousery. His off the ball stuff was a thing to behold (but luckily 99% including the ref and lino were watching elsewhere). Running in front of Zaha and stopping, refusing to shake his hand, Dibley didn't seem to know if he was coming or going. I bet he was thinking he won't have to suffer that sort of attention when he's playing in Saudi next season.
His shithousery was different class. The block (obstruction) from 10m away was unmissable (apart from a ref who missed most stuff, so not entirely unexplainable).
The little slap on Mr Tumble’s thighs after winning a duel was also shithousery gold.
Helps to have a ref as poor as last night.
Reckon Joel went into the changing room pleased with his days work
Reckon Mr Tumble went in a little irritated😭

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Allegedly Mrs Veltman not happy on social media that it took the club 3 days to put something up for his 100th appearance. Anyone see it ?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
By the sounds of comments coming out of the Dutch press he’s undecided about his future.

Hasn’t yet signed an extension, and mentions that he wouldn’t mind playing in Italy or Spain.

More than likely keeping his options open, and deciding after other clubs have made an offer.

Would be a big loss if he did go elsewhere both on and off the pitch. Great role model for our younger players.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
By the sounds of comments coming out of the Dutch press he’s undecided about his future.

Hasn’t yet signed an extension, and mentions that he wouldn’t mind playing in Italy or Spain.

More than likely keeping his options open, and deciding after other clubs have made an offer.

Would be a big loss if he did go elsewhere both on and off the pitch. Great role model for our younger players.
With such a young team & JV's consistency of form & attitude I'd hope we do everything we possibly can to keep him right now

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I saw one of those click bait stories yesterday that said Mourinho wanted him at Roma when his contract runs out in the summer. Mourinho has been linked with him before.
But I thought we had the option to extend for a year, which makes me think it won't happen.

I'm sure lots of people are interested in him as he has been colossal for us in his time here. Personally I think he's our best ever signing.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I saw one of those click bait stories yesterday that said Mourinho wanted him at Roma when his contract runs out in the summer. Mourinho has been linked with him before.
But I thought we had the option to extend for a year, which makes me think it won't happen.

I'm sure lots of people are interested in him as he has been colossal for us in his time here. Personally I think he's our best ever signing.

There is an extension clause as Naylor’s mentioned it in the past, but we don’t know the exact details / type.

I also don’t think we’d stand in his way if he did feel it was time to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here