Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman Appreciation

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maybe RDZ isn’t fussed. He’s been used pretty sparingly under him unfortunately.
Would be a shame if he goes and I get the impression he / his family love it here
He's one of the best defenders at the club by far. Maybe not quite as good or quick a wing back as Lamptey but a lot better and more solid defensively. I think we need both depending on the oppo or the in game circumstances.

Veltman can also comfortably play at CB.

He's a class act.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Both he and Groß have that mysterious quality that even if they are not the best player for their position and even if they have a seemingly anonymous game the team plays better with them.

Ok it's intelligence but that can be mysterious in football.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I seem to remember an interview with him a few weeks ago when he said he had spoken to RDZ about his need at his age to be playing regularly. I think this may be the only sticking point - I suspect he's quite happy here and I'm sure RDZ rates him as a valuable part of the squad but if he wants to be playing week in week out he may decide to move elsewhere. Hopefully we can sort something out in the same way we did with Pascal last season because he's a fantastic player.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He scores with his chest

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Been quite clear in Dutch media that he wants to stay with Brighton but of course there will be question marks over that as long as RDZ keeps putting him on the bench. For me it is not difficult: play him in the starting lineup and sign him up for a few more years. He might not be mr Flair but he is by a massive margin the best right back at the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exactly, and he isn't young and chased by everyone so no hurry really.

That said, not sure if RDZ is planning to keep him tbh.
Well l don't know why he wouldn't. As other have said flair is hardly his middle name, but he is very much Mr. Reliable and has never let the club down.

He cost us next to nothing in transfer fees, and will hardly be the biggest earner at the club. We need to offer him that new contract, and keep him in the squad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolute beast today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here