Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting is not good enough

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Bakesy said:
AGREED.
Teddy Sheringham never had any pace when he was young, and has even less now, but has always had the tactical nous and speed of mind to more than make up for it.
Speed isn't everything.

Too right! :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
Yeh I just don't think he's going anywhere. He's only playing because we have a pretty poor/injured strike force. He wouldn't get into any other team in the league I don't think.

I'll have a talk to you about it sometime about how he scored against Chelsea youth, got two goals at Blackburn and gave the Newcastle youth defence a torrid time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Please do. No doubt he's a very good striker when he's playing other kids his own age. I just think he's got Chris McPhee written all over him - time will tell.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Despite his goal I didnt think that he was any good today. Didnt make enough effort to callenge for the loose ball. I coukld have scored that goal from 2 yards.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tom Hark said:
If you think Joe Gatting is the solution, then you haven't understood the problem. Fact.
Where are us plebeians supposed to turn for guidance when the self-professed cognoscenti have to resort to such empty, meaningless statements. :(

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Silent Bob said:
Where are us plebeians supposed to turn for guidance when the self-professed cognoscenti have to resort to such empty, meaningless statements. :(

Come again!!!

*now hunting for dictionary*

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gilliver's Travels said:
WE plebeians... WE!!! Although I suppose if you say 'US' plebeians, you're only really confirming that status...
ARSE :angry: :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Unfortunately, he looks like he is being asked to play too soon on a regular basis. He and Robinson look like what they are, a pair of kids, up front. Both are really looking for an experienced pro (preferably a bigger guy) to bring them on up front with them.

I was impressed with Lynch today. I think that Butters is helping him develop all the time. That partnership needs to be replicated in other areas of the team.

Elder looked an interesting prospect when he came on too. But, again he needs someone to "buddy" him.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Biscuit said:
Please do. No doubt he's a very good striker when he's playing other kids his own age.

There are some big, brutal defenders in this league if you give Gatting time to mature as a player & adjust to playing at another level he will continue to put the ball in the back of the net. Very few strickers make an immediate impact when stepping up from any youth side. Those that do are normally with top clubs, at our level they take a little longer to fit in , Constantine & Forlan both made numerous appearances before their strike rates picked up, now theyre on a lot of bigger clubs wanted lists.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here