Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting is not good enough

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He's doing more in his first senior season than other youth team strikers did.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
He's doing more in his first senior season than other youth team strikers did.

Wasn't last season his first senior season?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Citrus in Sheffield said:
Robinson was brilliant today, and looked much livelier than Gatting. But you can't fault a striker who's scoring goals regularly.

Robinson is naturally more lively than Gats. Gats will never be the best outfield player in the world, but he WILL score goals given the right service. A bit a ridiculous comparison, but he reminds a lot of Ian Rush. Offers very little outside the box, but scored for fun.

KEEP GOING GATS! (and don't let some of the wankers on here drag you down)

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Joe Gatting will be a fine player for us hes only 18 give him and the rest a chance :albion:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
people moan about Gattings movement & pace but that doesn't matter if you have got the knack of being in the right place at the right time , Gatting seems to be acquiring that knack .

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
the wanderbus said:
people moan about Gattings movement & pace but that doesn't matter if you haven't got the knack of being in the right place at the right time , Gatting seems to be acquiring that knack .
AGREED.
Teddy Sheringham never had any pace when he was young, and has even less now, but has always had the tactical nous and speed of mind to more than make up for it.
Speed isn't everything.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm just pleased Joe's goal won us the game because his first 2 league goals both got lost in defeats, He's a good young striker who I believe will go onto have a good future in the game and I just wish fans would get behind the lad instead of looking for his faults all the time.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
British Bulldog said:
I'm just pleased Joe's goal won us the game because his first 2 league goals both got lost in defeats, He's a good young striker who I believe will go onto have a good future in the game and I just wish fans would get behind the lad instead of looking for his faults all the time.

:clap: well said, i love gatting personally

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
For those of you that have only seen Gatting at home games ....

Today he was a key reason why we won, defended deep when needed to, held the ball up well, and took his goal very well.

Got a deserved ovation when he went off

Give him a chance at home games, before deciding he is useless, coz he ain't by a long way - needs time and support, the more of those he gets, the more his confidence will increase

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Today's team contained FIVE members of last season's youth team.

They are going to make mistakes, they are going to disappear at times, they are going to frustrate on occasions, because we want to see a winning team every week.

Not all of them are going to have a long career as professionals..........BUT as fans, surely we have to give them 100% support, they are learning their trade, so a little bit of commonsence and tolerance on our part is required.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I make it SIX, if you include Robinson who was going to waste before re-emerging this season

Lynch
Rents
Fraser
Cox
Gatting
Robinson

All will get better in time

The best bit is they all naturally know how the others play and support each other a lot in the process

Together with El-Abd and Hammond it ain't a bad youth set up we have now!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
ac gull said:
I make it SIX, if you include Robinson who was going to waste before re-emerging this season

Lynch
Rents
Fraser
Cox
Gatting
Robinson

All will get better in time

The best bit is they all naturally know how the others play and support each other a lot in the process

Together with El-Abd and Hammond it ain't a bad youth set up we have now!

If the board could just add 2 or 3 experienced players to complement the currant squad we could become a very good team.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yeh I just don't think he's going anywhere. He's only playing because we have a pretty poor/injured strike force. He wouldn't get into any other team in the league I don't think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here