Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Saville: Disgusting

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Dear Jim

Please can you fix it for me to have a new arsehole as you totally destroyed the one I was born with.

Peter aged 11.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
He always did look dodgy, and there was always something a bit weird about Jim'll Fix It, but I seem to be the only one who was totally unaware of any accusations/rumours. I feel silly now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Who said it would have to be a young girl? If it was 10, 20 years after the event, they're not going to be young any more. Also, if you were a victim, you could tell the police and also explain that you wouldn't be going to court if others didn't come forward. If several did that (because the papers make it sounds like there'd have been a lot of victims), then things would be different.

Welcome to the start of this thread. The whole thing is conjecture, and always will be.
Is it possible for this to be proven in court now? If it isn't, he will always be innocent in the eyes of the law, so stories will be unproven and we'll never know.
Several points:

1 - If they'd come forward when it had happened (which is what you wanted) they'd have been young girls. Even ten or twenty years later they may not have been 'ready' to deal with it. You simply cannot put a time frame on it, just as you can't with the kiddy fiddling priests.

2 - The conjecture was the possible nature of any court case that may have happened at the time and how it would have unfolded, nothing to do with the start of this thread! The allegations have been made, they should be listened to and not swept under the carpet.

3 - Afaik you can't try dead people, so I guess he will always be innocent in the eyes of the law. That doesn't mean that the girls' stories won't be believed - and it doesn't mean that he shouldn't get a good posthumous kicking.

I'm going to have to leave it there. I think we're going round in circles a bit, we're arguing over semantics and it's obvious we're not going to agree - and I am finding it very hard to understand and sympathise your point of view. I feel that just because he can no longer be found 'officially' guilty doesn't mean his crimes shouldn't be investigated. I appreciate that you don't accept that, even if I don't understand your reasons why!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Several points:

1 - If they'd come forward when it had happened (which is what you wanted) they'd have been young girls. Even ten or twenty years later they may not have been 'ready' to deal with it. You simply cannot put a time frame on it, just as you can't with the kiddy fiddling priests.

2 - The conjecture was the possible nature of any court case that may have happened at the time and how it would have unfolded, nothing to do with the start of this thread! The allegations have been made, they should be listened to and not swept under the carpet.

3 - Afaik you can't try dead people, so I guess he will always be innocent in the eyes of the law. That doesn't mean that the girls' stories won't be believed - and it doesn't mean that he shouldn't get a good posthumous kicking.

I'm going to have to leave it there. I think we're going round in circles a bit, we're arguing over semantics and it's obvious we're not going to agree - and I am finding it very hard to understand and sympathise your point of view. I feel that just because he can no longer be found 'officially' guilty doesn't mean his crimes shouldn't be investigated. I appreciate that you don't accept that, even if I don't understand your reasons why!

4. Cowards on internet judge or insuate against dead man. The no smoke without fire brigade.

Thank Christ the legal system methodically works through EVIDENCE, rather than the methods of NSC know-it-alls.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Several points:

4. Cowards on internet judge or insuate against dead man. The no smoke without fire brigade.

Thank Christ the legal system methodically works through EVIDENCE, rather than the methods of NSC know-it-alls.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly a great surprise this as it seemed common practice at the time - TOTP, Jim'll Fix It, he must have been in heaven (in his terms)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You need to take into account that in the 1970's sexual abuse was a taboo subject.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1 - If they'd come forward when it had happened (which is what you wanted) they'd have been young girls.
No, that's not what I said.
Even ten or twenty years later they may not have been 'ready' to deal with it.
I can appreciate that.
You simply cannot put a time frame on it, just as you can't with the kiddy fiddling priests.
No one is suggesting that we don't care anymore, because they're too late. It would have been better if people had said earlier, that's all. He certainly won't face any awkward questions now.
The allegations have been made, they should be listened to and not swept under the carpet.
Is anyone here disagreeing with that? If so, it's clearly not me, so no need to go on at me.
Afaik you can't try dead people, so I guess he will always be innocent in the eyes of the law. That doesn't mean that the girls' stories won't be believed - and it doesn't mean that he shouldn't get a good posthumous kicking.
The problem is, if he were alive he shouldn't get the kicking until a court has made a decision on his guilt, and now we can't have that, so is it right to give someone a kicking when we don't know the facts?

I'm going to have to leave it there. I think we're going round in circles a bit, we're arguing over semantics and it's obvious we're not going to agree - and I am finding it very hard to understand and sympathise your point of view.
I'm not even sure what you disagree with me about, you seem to be ranting as if I'd said things that I clearly haven't said.

I feel that just because he can no longer be found 'officially' guilty doesn't mean his crimes shouldn't be investigated. I appreciate that you don't accept that
I do accept that. When did I say otherwise (don't waste too long looking, because I didn't). I think his alleged (something you seem to miss) crimes should be investigated. It's just bloody annoying that if he did commit these crimes, he basically got away with it.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Is this still on tonight then? Sorry if I missed it within the thread but it seems to be another prog listed at 9pm on sky listings

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No one is suggesting that we don't care anymore, because they're too late. It would have been better if people had said earlier, that's all. He certainly won't face any awkward questions now.

I do accept that. When did I say otherwise (don't waste too long looking, because I didn't). I think his alleged (something you seem to miss) crimes should be investigated. It's just bloody annoying that if he did commit these crimes, he basically got away with it.

In an ideal world these things are reported straight away, but in reality, it's rare for abused children to come forward straight away. Mostly due to the reasons already documented- that the abuser convinces them that it's normal, that it happens to everyone. And besides, what 14 year old girl would want to discuss with her friends that Jimmy Savile copped a bit of a feel? Feelings of guilt and shame are common in the abused, which is why so much comes to light years down the line.

It also seems that a lot of this WAS reported years ago, but as seems to be a depressingly common theme, it either wasn't investigated, or dropped due to a lack of evidence or will to believe the victims. But you are right to say it will be a shame if he did commit the offences he's accused of and has died without ever being brought to account for them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

In an ideal world these things are reported straight away, but in reality, it's rare for abused children to come forward straight away. Mostly due to the reasons already documented- that the abuser convinces them that it's normal, that it happens to everyone. And besides, what 14 year old girl would want to discuss with her friends that Jimmy Savile copped a bit of a feel? Feelings of guilt and shame are common in the abused, which is why so much comes to light years down the line.

It also seems that a lot of this WAS reported years ago, but as seems to be a depressingly common theme, it either wasn't investigated, or dropped due to a lack of evidence or will to believe the victims. But you are right to say it will be a shame if he did commit the offences he's accused of and has died without ever being brought to account for them.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
It also seems that a lot of this WAS reported years ago, but as seems to be a depressingly common theme, it either wasn't investigated, or dropped due to a lack of evidence or will to believe the victims.

Spot on......it appears that one victim made an allegation which then ended up with 4 others following suit in 2007 whilst Savile was still alive. Surrey Police deemed there to be insufficuent evidence to proceed with the investigation. Won't be pretty if new evidence turns up that the BBC and/or Surrey Police were anything but exhaustive in their enquiries.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Amazing what you can find on the web. Thought this was interesting......

Apparently, this was actually recorded during the last series of "Have I Got
News For You" when Jimmy Saville was a guest on Paul Merton's team.
Incredibly, it didn't make our screens. (It seems that Mr. Merton doesn't
like Mr. Saville very much)

Out-take 3:09'36
During the headline round:
DEAYTON: You used to be a wrestler didn't you?
SAVILLE: I still am.
DEAYTON: Are you?
SAVILLE: I'm feared in every girls' school in the country.
(Audience laugh)
DEAYTON: Yeah, I've heard about that.
SAVILLE: What have you heard?
DEAYTON: I've...
MERTON: Something about a **** with a rancid, pus-filled cock.
(Huge audience laugh; Awkward pause)
SAVILLE: I advise you to wash your mouth out, my friend...
MERTON: That's what she had to do! (Audience laughs)
HISLOP: Weren't you leaving money in phone boxes or something?
(Saville glares at him) Or have I got completely the wrong end of the...
SAVILLE: (To Deayton, heavily) The question you asked was about wrestling.
DEAYTON: Yes. And then you mentioned girls' schools. I don't know whe...
SAVILLE: Well I understood this was a comedy programme. I realise now how wrong I was. (Audience laugh)
DEAYTON: So were you a professional wrestler?
SAVILLE: Yes I was.
DEAYTON: (To audience) Glad we got that cleared up.(Pulls face; audience giggles)
HISLOP: Feared by every girls' school in the country...
SAVILLE: That's right.
MERTON: Due to having a rancid, pus-filled cock.(Huge audience laugh)
DEAYTON: Erm...
HISLOP: You're on top form tonight, Paul...
SAVILLE: (Strangely) I'm...this is not what I...
FLOOR MANAGER: (OOV) OK, do you...(inaudible section)...shall we, for pick-ups...
MERTON: I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what came over me.
SAVILLE: A pus-filled cock, I imagine. (Shocked audience laugh)
MERTON: Oh, it's nice to see you joining in. We'd been waiting for you, you sad senile old shitter. (Audience appears to do double-take)
DEAYTON: I think we...d-d-you you want to apologise to our guest, Paul?
MERTON: Sorry, I do apologise. Sir senile old shitter, is what I meant to say.
(Audience laugh; pause) Sir senile old shitter...who fucks minors.
(Audience unrest)
HISLOP: Sorry, I'm just looking at our lawyer again. (Waves) Hello!
(Audience laughs)
DEAYTON: Shall we get back on course with this, or sha...
SAVILLE: I do f*** miners, that's quite correct. I have always done so. They can do the most wonderful things with cigars. The coal...
MERTON: What, they stick them up your senile, pus-filled arse?
(Audience laughs)
FLOOR MANAGER: (OOV): Come on...I'm getting an ear-bashing here. It's...
MERTON: Oh they want to continue. Sorry, I'll contain myself. Carry on...
DEAYTON: Right (Pause) You used to be a professional wrestler didn't you?
(Huge audience laugh)
SAVILLE: (Calmly) I did.
DEAYTON: You didn't have a nickname or anything?
SAVILLE: Yes - 'Loser'. (Audience laughs)
MERTON: I visited your caravan the other week, Jimmy.
SAVILLE: Did you really?
MERTON: Oh yes. Interesting what you can find, if you have a bit of a poke.
(Audience laugh)
HISLOP: He just told you, it was twelve years ago...
SAVILLE: No, I lived in it for twelve years.
MERTON: And f***ed twelve year olds. (Audience laugh)
DEAYTON: Here we go again...I'll be backstage if anyone wants me.
MERTON: (Indicating Saville) That's what you said to the kids on your show, wasn't it?
(Audience laugh)
SAVILLE: No, they never did want me.
HISLOP: Not even Sarah Cornley?
SAVILLE: She was an exception.
DEAYTON: Who's Sarah Cornley?
SAVILLE: Sarah Cornley is...
HISLOP: About fifteen grand in damages, wasn't she?
(Uncertain audience laugh)
SAVILLE: That's right.
HISLOP: So if I was going to mention that you threatened to break her arm if she said anything...
SAVILLE: You'd be very wrong. (Pause) I said I'd break both her arms.
(Audience unease)
MERTON: f***ing hell. I mean, you're just sitting there, all shell suit and cigar wearing those f***ing...I don't know what they are.
SAVILLE: Chrome-plated SC-700 sun-visors, these are. Sent to me by...
MERTON: We don't give a shit. Ladies and gentlemen, Sir James Saville OBE. Jim has fixed it for me to have my arms broken. Meet this depressing old f***ed up **** of a fucker on television who's riddled with cancer and f***ing pubic lice.
HISLOP: (To lawyer again) Hello! (Audience laughs)
MERTON: Christ, I mean ha ha, big f***ing joke - the f***ing lawyers are involved, tee hee. It doesn't change anything.
DEAYTON: (Visibly out of character) Do you wanna stop, or...?
MERTON: No I don't f***ing want to stop. It's all shit! You'll expect a comedy walkout in a minute, won't you? I mean, big bloody joke - I'm going to quote Shakespeare in a minute, how f***ing out of character. And Ian knows about football - oh my f***ing sides.
SAVILLE: You've never f***ed anyone in your life, boy.
MERTON: Oh f*** off...
FLOOR MANAGER: (OOV) ...About five minutes, just to...(Phil Davey enters)
PHIL DAVEY: OK, well top that as they say. You're looking troubled by that, aren't you mate? I tell you, I came back from Amsterdam recently...
RECORDING PLACED ON STAND-BY; CUTS BACK TO CLOSE-UP OF DEAYTON
AWAITING HIS CUE
DEAYTON: OK. Second time lucky. (Pause) Last month, Roger Moore sold his luxury caravan in Malta. Asked by the New York Times about his relaxed acting style...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Admittedly the above may well be fake (though its kind of convincingly disjointed and bad) but heres a lovely video which I think is a good tribute to the man,

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I had drink with some local journo a few years back - she said she had a story to run on The Saville but no one would print it, due to his charity work. I refused to believe her. And consequently didn't get into her bed - how stupid do I feel now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here