Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Saville: Disgusting

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
so all the time he was giving out Jim'll Fix it badges, was he trading them for 'sherif's badges'?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It may be that these accusations are true, but with Jimmy dead we will never know the truth.
Its just crap and cowardly journalism to attack someone when you know there is no way for them to defend themselves. I for one won't be turning on..

These 5 women felt they couldn't speak out at the time because they were young, Savile was regarded as a living legend and the PC climate at the time didn't expose this sort of stuff (see Jonathan King, Gary Glitter).

I take on board Savile's inability to respond but "the truth will out" and rightly so.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'm not surprised, all you have to do is take one look at him... he screams "hide your kids"
Jimmy+Saville

1066gull

These 5 women felt they couldn't speak out at the time because they were young, Savile was regarded as a living legend and the PC climate at the time didn't expose this sort of stuff (see Jonathan King, Gary Glitter).

I take on board Savile's inability to respond but "the truth will out" and rightly so.
That is bullshit.

When the majority of the people in towns like Liverpool and Hastings watch X Factor and entertain Jeremy Kyle shows many are willing to make money out of fake stories.

Only judge when it's presented on front of a jury.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend just told me she went on jimll fix it as a kid and he never laid a finger on her. I said "you sound surprised". She's locked herself in the bedroom. Again.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
If Jimmy Savile was as famous as people on here seem to make out, you'd have thought that at least one or two more people on this thread would be able to spell his name correctly...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I used to work in telly, before moving into the corporate sector. I've seen a few status from old colleagues that are surprised it's taken this long to come out. The word 'creep' was thrown about as well as a few more that I wouldn't post on here.

It's certainly something I've heard about for years.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The comment by Paul Gambacinni towards the end of the piece below taken from the BBC website might help to explain why none of this came out whilst he was alive:

Police 'questioned Jimmy Savile' over abuse in 2007

Surrey police has confirmed that Sir Jimmy Savile was questioned over allegations of child sex abuse in 2007.

In a statement, they said an individual was interviewed over offences which were "alleged to have occurred at a children's home" in the 1970s.

The matter was referred to the Crown Prosecution Service, which "advised there was insufficient evidence to take any further action".

A documentary detailing similar allegations is due to air this week.

The broadcaster, who died last year, is accused of sexual abuse against under-age teenage girls in the ITV1 investigation, to be shown on Wednesday.

Several alleged victims speak on the programme. They say the abuse took place in hospitals, schools and BBC buildings.

In a statement, the BBC said it had found no evidence of abuse taking place on its premises.

"Whilst the BBC condemns any behaviour of the type alleged in the strongest terms, in the absence of evidence of any kind found at the BBC that corroborates the allegations that have been made it is simply not possible for the corporation to take any further action."

The broadcaster's nephew, Roger Foster, added that his family was "disgusted and disappointed" by the programme.

But fellow broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said he had been "waiting 30 years" for such stories to come out.

Speaking on ITV1's Daybreak programme, he said newspapers had been primed to run similar stories while Sir Jimmy was alive, but the star had intervened to prevent their publication.

"On [one] occasion, and this cuts to the chase of the whole matter, he was called and he said 'well you could run that story, but if you do there goes the funds that come in to Stoke Mandeville - do you want to be responsible for the drying up of the charity donations'. And they backed down."

No charges were ever brought against the broadcaster when he was alive.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That is bullshit.

When the majority of the people in towns like Liverpool and Hastings watch X Factor and entertain Jeremy Kyle shows many are willing to make money out of fake stories.

You think it's all bollocks? Go on YouTube and check out Savile on Top Of The Pops playing 'keepy uppy' with 14-year old Coleen Nolan's right tit.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You think it's all bollocks? Go on YouTube and check out Savile on Top Of The Pops playing 'keepy uppy' with 14-year old Coleen Nolan's right tit.

I thought the Louis Theroux documentary was pretty insightful as well. Clearly a complicated character and hardly the fun, jolly ex-kids presenter I was expecting. In fact, really dont know why he agreed to go on it, as appeared to hate every second. Unless..........

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is bullshit.

No. You're full of it.

History is littered with children who have been abused and taken advantage of, and either have felt unable to complain, or have been shushed by people who should have known better. That's what abusers do: intimidate their victims and make them feel like (a) it's their fault and (b) nobody will believe them if they tell. This programme features not only alleged victims, but also adults who have stated they knew about it and never did anything about it. What on earth do you think they stand to gain by this coming out now? Money? I don't think so. Would an adult really want to put themselves out there and admit they stood by while children were abused? I don't think so.

I have no idea about Jimmy Savile as the programme hasn't been broadcast yet, but just as it's unfair to tar somebody without any evidence, so it's even more unfair to brand the victim of a serious crime a liar or an attention seeker because they were unable to voice their fears at the time it happened.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Will they also touch on the (I believe) that he also liked a bit of necrophilia

And then of course the rather, ahem, intimate relationship with his mum (or the duchess as he caled her)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No. You're full of it.

History is littered with children who have been abused and taken advantage of, and either have felt unable to complain, or have been shushed by people who should have known better. That's what abusers do: intimidate their victims and make them feel like (a) it's their fault and (b) nobody will believe them if they tell. This programme features not only alleged victims, but also adults who have stated they knew about it and never did anything about it. What on earth do you think they stand to gain by this coming out now? Money? I don't think so. Would an adult really want to put themselves out there and admit they stood by while children were abused? I don't think so.

I have no idea about Jimmy Savile as the programme hasn't been broadcast yet, but just as it's unfair to tar somebody without any evidence, so it's even more unfair to brand the victim of a serious crime a liar or an attention seeker because they were unable to voice their fears at the time it happened.

Very well put Edna!

"Several alleged victims speak on the programme. They say the abuse took place in hospitals, schools and ........"

OMG (if true)!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Pardon? I take it you have never been to Liverpool?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
he was still a legend!

That depends! If any of the many accusations were true then he was an absolute scumbag and should be posthumously stripped of his many honours, and the charade that he was a good guy philanthropist dismantled. If though none of it is true, then you are right!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nice most of you are condemning he is guilty when he cannot defend himself.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
That doesn't apply though does it? He can't be tried.

I can't believe, not so much that people are sticking up for him, but they think these accusations shouldn't be aired and the whole thing should just be forgotten as he's dead. So less of the sanctimonious 'the poor man can't defend himself'. If it was just one mixed-up kid I might agree, but there's too many for them all to be lying through their teeth in some bizarre desire to blacken the name of a much-loved family entertainer. These allegations need airing and need investigating; if nothing else it may just make any current high-profile figure worried about their legacy think twice before engaging in dubious activities.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great. Another one-sided list of accusations after the bloke is dead.
Those who claim they were themselves abused should have come forward many years ago. Now we'll have no court case, but allegations that will never go away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here