Jimmy Saville: Disgusting

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's interesting how his gobby family who were crying "disgrace" at these accusations have gone quiet since the trickle of accusations have turned into a torrent.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd imagine many of the pop stars 7 DJ's were 'at it'.
In those early 70's times, the age of fans was around the mid teens and many young girls were obsessed with the stars and, although physically mature, the age of consent is there to protect the majority who are not mentally mature, even if they think they are.

And the stars, being often young, virile men and having girls virtually throwing themselves at them, were hardly likely to stop and ask for birth certificates.

Seeing pics of these old men now does rather distort that they were once most sought after. I bet there's a few old stars dreding the next allergations.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's interesting how his gobby family who were crying "disgrace" at these accusations have gone quiet since the trickle of accusations have turned into a torrent.

Yup. And also (and here's a sentence you don't read often) let's hear it for some decent journalism from the Daily Star Sunday, who blew this wide open on the front page last weekend. Next to some Starbirds, of course.

I hear their Championship coverage isn't bad, either. :wink:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Interesting that the Mirror is running the Freddie Starr injunction story next to the Jimmy Savile, Gary Glitter and "another star groped me' piece. Male entertainer popular in the 80's, who could it possibly be?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd imagine many of the pop stars 7 DJ's were 'at it'.
In those early 70's times, the age of fans was around the mid teens and many young girls were obsessed with the stars and, although physically mature, the age of consent is there to protect the majority who are not mentally mature, even if they think they are.

And the stars, being often young, virile men and having girls virtually throwing themselves at them, were hardly likely to stop and ask for birth certificates.
That paints an entirely different picture than what Saville has been accused of. Saville has not been accused of saying 'oh go on then' to physically mature girls that were throwing themselves at him. He was been accused of forcing himself upon girls that he knew to be very young, threatening them to keep them quiet, and raping some of them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting that the Mirror is running the Freddie Starr injunction story next to the Jimmy Savile, Gary Glitter and "another star groped me' piece. Male entertainer popular in the 80's, who could it possibly be?
I may not like the mirror, but :bowdown:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it, that this is here somewhere, but just in case it isn't, from Danny Baker's Twitter feed:-

Also, his editors might have advised against including the phrase: "I met my wife when she was 13, in 1970…" P.146 (He was 34 at this point)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
8h Danny Baker ‏@prodnose
From same DJs autobiog: "We played a charity football match at a girls' school...just reached puberty. We had to be rescued by the staff!"
Also, of a 14 year old, same famed DJ's autobiog: : "I travelled to Italy to see her...because, as the song goes, I was "Free Again"!
"I was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning." From which BBC DJ's autobiog?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is interesting. Back in June- therefore long before this story broke- the Guardian published a review (of sorts) of an authorised biography of Savile that was evidently just released, months after his death. This is a comment added by a reader below the article- again, contributed in June- in relation to the reviewer stating "The great fundraiser's personal life remains well-protected in an informative book"

"And some of us know why. It wouldn't make for good reading if you want to protect the image of Savile and the people he was connected with at high levels. Charity work doesn't excuse other aspects of his life."

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
From which BBC DJ's autobiog?
stewpot.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I finally found this:-

Will Jimmy Saville be another Robert Maxwell?

Now it's actually happened, I'm pretty disappointed.
There are so many people now pointing the finger, it's shocking nobody had the stones to make him accountable, or clear his name.

Does anyone know if Paul Gambachini (sp) was Simon Mayo's Radio 2 go to guy for this particular 'death in music', he's the man for all the others.
It was a wrong'un of a thread, expressed badly 6 years ago :ohmy:

While looking for the above, I had a quick read through this, which then made me wonder if Fur Cough has posted on this thread.
Sir Jimmy Saville - RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here