Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jedinak for Australia

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have one or 2 threads where we stick to laughing at you, we don't feel the need to start 3 or 4 new threads about you every day as it seems on here. And as I said, most of the threads are us laughing at what gets written about us on this site.

:facepalm: That's the way your board works, you gibbon, you have special places and fenced off areas for away fans, so you don't have to endure the thicker element of other teams' fans in the middle of your earnest discussions about cladding, Marouane Chamakh's prolific goalscoring rate, or Tony Pulis's hat.

We, on the other hand, stick most stuff in the same place so things are a bit more visible. Now if you were to temporarily extract your head from your own, deeply self-important backside, you'd spot that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i feel sorry for Tim Cahill...the guy is brilliant in the air and it's pretty much him , jedinak and a load of no marks....posticoglu has taken a massive gamble here and it looks like it's going to explode all over his boat... **** off palace btw....:thumbsup: nice to get one in even in the off season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i feel sorry for Tim Cahill...the guy is brilliant in the air and it's pretty much him , jedinak and a load of no marks....posticoglu has taken a massive gamble here and it looks like it's going to explode all over his boat... **** off palace btw....:thumbsup: nice to get one in even in the off season.

He has more World Cup goals than Ronaldo and Messi combined by all accounts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

They're a poor side, aren't they? A few years back, the Australian national side had a few decent players in it, but they've all seemingly retired, without being replaced by any kind of quality.

Their star is Cahill (decent in his time, and obviously still has ability, but is playing in the MLS and clearly his best days are past him). Jedinak will, at his absolute peak, be no more than an ordinary Premier League journeyman in the Mark Noble, Lee Cattermole sort of mould, and were he to be English, would be nowhere near the international side, no matter how weak England may be now compared to previous squads. I guess he's captain as he's the only one playing at a reasonably high level: the others all seem to be with German relegation candidates, in the A League, or playing in China or Switzerland. The rest, I've barely heard of. They have midfielders from Swindon Town & Preston North End in the squad, FFS.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I ****ing hate Tim Cahill. He's one of those players that makes a big deal about playing honestly - see last night's comments - but is just an aggy. whingy cheat himself.

The last game I remember watching him in was the final of the Asia Cup against Japan. At one point the ball came down near the Japanese goal line. Didn't even touch it I think. Both he and Kewell both threw their hands in the air screaming it was a goal. Dived a lot too.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I honestly don't think that would be the case. On the BBS we have one thread where we laugh about you lot, and it's normally just us having a chuckle about the deluded comments you lot write about us on NSC. You lot seem to be utterly obsessed with us. You might say pot, kettle , black as I am on your site tonight but the reason for that is I had a gut feeling one of your desperate lot would be starting a thread about our Jedi playing at the WC, so thought I'd head over and low and behold, you guys didn't disappoint!

Can I just say, after doing a scan of the first 3 pages of this board, this is the only thread that mentions anything to do with Palace in its title (I know that doesn't mean Palace isn't mentioned at all but I ain't going to look at every post).

Palace fans are as obsessed as Brighton fans seemingly used to be (I'm shocked aswell), as I'm sure they write about us on their forum more or less everyday (even if it is just to laugh at us). If it isn't an obsession about us then why don't they write as much about Millwall or Charlton, as they are also smaller clubs in the league below you?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Let's hope the Chileans break his legs and then stamp on them afterwards until there are just shards of bone, muscle, connective tissue and strips of upper epidermis left hanging from his stumps and he has to crawl off the pitch using just his hands to drag himself and in the process gets a red card for time wasting. (or similar)

I know youre fishing botty but that's abit low , scummish really . I normally enjoy your humour as well .

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can I just say, after doing a scan of the first 3 pages of this board, this is the only thread that mentions anything to do with Palace in its title (I know that doesn't mean Palace isn't mentioned at all but I ain't going to look at every post).

Palace fans are as obsessed as Brighton fans seemingly used to be (I'm shocked aswell), as I'm sure they write about us on their forum more or less everyday (even if it is just to laugh at us). If it isn't an obsession about us then why don't they write as much about Millwall or Charlton, as they are also smaller clubs in the league below you?
Andy , there was a time when you was on the bbs everyday . But like a lot you all dissapeared just as we turned a corner ( funny that ) . Yes , we love to laugh at you , but it works both ways it's not obsession its a rivalry which despite your lowly position needs to be maintained . As you well know I'm on here through thick and thin and don't bottle it when the going gets tough :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I know youre fishing botty but that's abit low , scummish really . I normally enjoy your humour as well .

Anyone who takes that sort of bullshit seriously needs to take a long hard look at themselves in their 'Dougie Freedman Palace Legend For Life' commemorative mirror fella. You cannot imagine how much material I've been denied by your Number Two, Julian Speroni failing to make it into the Argie squad. Gutted. I probably would have worked on something along the lines of his chin having been traded for the sovereignty of the Falklands (as I said, a work in progress).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Anyone who takes that sort of bullshit seriously needs to take a long hard look at themselves in their 'Dougie Freedman Palace Legend For Life' commemorative mirror fella. You cannot imagine how much material I've been denied by your Number Two, Julian Speroni failing to make it into the Argie squad. Gutted. I probably would have worked on something along the lines of his chin having been traded for the sovereignty of the Falklands (as I said, a work in progress).

OK botty . As i said not funny and i like your material .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Andy , there was a time when you was on the bbs everyday . But like a lot you all dissapeared just as we turned a corner ( funny that ) . Yes , we love to laugh at you , but it works both ways it's not obsession its a rivalry which despite your lowly position needs to be maintained . As you well know I'm on here through thick and thin and don't bottle it when the going gets tough :thumbsup:
I never saw the point when you went up as we weren't in the same league. I'd like to think I would do the same if we went up and you stayed in this league. I was on the Southampton forum the season we were in div1, and I looked at the Bournemouth forum at the beginning of last season but it didn't look much good. For me it wasn't only the rival it was the fact we were in the same league so we could compare the same things.

It was easy for me to see that it wouldn't work as when I compared Leo to Murray all you guys would say is come back when he has scored 30 in a season in the Championship, since any player rarely ever does that how could anyone ever honestly debate the atributes of the two players (incidently he has a better goals to game ratio than Murray has in the Championship:D), so what was the point in staying on it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I never saw the point when you went up as we weren't in the same league. I'd like to think I would do the same if we went up and you stayed in this league. I was on the Southampton forum the season we were in div1, and I looked at the Bournemouth forum at the beginning of last season but it didn't look much good. For me it wasn't only the rival it was the fact we were in the same league so we could compare the same things.

It was easy for me to see that it wouldn't work as when I compared Leo to Murray all you guys would say is come back when he has scored 30 in a season in the Championship, since any player rarely ever does that how could anyone ever honestly debate the atributes of the two players (incidently he has a better goals to game ratio than Murray has in the Championship:D), so what was the point in staying on it?

Come off it andy you still posted last season .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Come off it andy you still posted last season .

I did. I stopped, but missed it so after speaking to one of your lot on here (via a PM) I decided to give it another go. it was for about a week when you hired that fella who got the push from Cardiff. One of the things you guys always used to get me with was that saying there are teachers and there are pupils, Brighton know your place.

When you hired that guy and changed your structure, you changed it to the one we were using, so I jokingly took my chance to use it on you guys.

After about a day of twoing and throwing comments at eachother one of the fellas wrote we are a Premier League team, you are a championship team, you can't teach us anything. That was it for me. The only time I went on there afterwards was when our youth teams played eachother down Lancing. I thought I'd see what you were saying. One of your lot said your team was very young and thats why you lost, so I commented that ours was young aswell. Thats the last thing I wrote.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I did. I stopped, but missed it so after speaking to one of your lot on here (via a PM) I decided to give it another go. it was for about a week when you hired that fella who got the push from Cardiff. One of the things you guys always used to get me with was that saying there are teachers and there are pupils, Brighton know your place.

When you hired that guy and changed your structure, you changed it to the one we were using, so I jokingly took my chance to use it on you guys.

After about a day of twoing and throwing comments at eachother one of the fellas wrote we are a Premier League team, you are a championship team, you can't teach us anything. That was it for me. The only time I went on there afterwards was when our youth teams played eachother down Lancing. I thought I'd see what you were saying. One of your lot said your team was very young and thats why you lost, so I commented that ours was young aswell. Thats the last thing I wrote.

As i said initially we turned the corner ( when appointing pulis ) and you dissapeared. I agree that you took alot of stick on there but tbh it was mainly due to your " know it all , pompous " style of posting .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
As i said initially we turned the corner ( when appointing pulis ) and you dissapeared. I agree that you took alot of stick on there but tbh it was mainly due to your " know it all pompous " style of posting .

I only ever talked about Brighton, didn't really care about you guys (if that makes sense on a Palace forum). It was most definitly nothing to do with you appointing Tony Pullis.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I only ever talked about Brighton, didn't really care about you guys (if that makes sense on a Palace forum). It was most definitly nothing to do with you appointing Tony Pullis.

Ok andy , it must have been coincidental then .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The presence of Australia in the WC serves to show what a joke the whole thing has become. Since they moved into the Asian qualifying group they're pretty much guaranteed a place at the finals every four years, just like the USA, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, and a n other dross team from central America.

How is life in 1972?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here