Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul Van Hecke

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. Which is why I was amazed how many people suggested Gilmour as our early POTS. I think he’s a weak link.

Really hope Baleba gets fully up to speed and starts most games soon.
I agree. And Gilmour was very frustrating yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought Gilmour was fine yesterday, generally made good decisions, positionally very good. Was looking for a forward pass in the main.

Where was your frustration?
Runs around a lot, points a lot, but isn’t that effective imo. He also had two shot in the first half which were into row z and another time he was running with the ball into their box and instead of passing ran out of pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Runs around a lot, points a lot, but isn’t that effective imo. He also had two shot in the first half which were into row z and another time he was running with the ball into their box and instead of passing ran out of pitch.
Well, he can’t shoot, but neither could Biss or a few others….

I thought he held his position really well, and his decision making has improved immeasurably IMO….

Running around pointing is about keeping a tight shape, with others, (and it works), I guess we see that differently 😉😃.

He’s not Gross but then arguably there’s not one midfield player, pound for pound who is.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Apart from him intercepting the ball, getting up the field and his pass to Gross that set up Ferguson’s first goal, and apart from putting in the ball that Veltman headed across for pen. Apart from those things he was frustrating though. 🤣
and what did Gilmour do for us?

id like to see his stats because he came up frequently in the key moments on bbc reports.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Lets keep JPVH performances under the radar. Don't want other clubs getting interested in him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from him intercepting the ball, getting up the field and his pass to Gross that set up Ferguson’s first goal, and apart from putting in the ball that Veltman headed across for pen. Apart from those things he was frustrating though. 🤣
You seem to have it in for Gilmour like Mustafa does for Steele and Dwayne does for McAllister. None of you will be changing your minds however well they play and shooting aside Gilmour had a very solid game, tidy player imo. :shrug:
I don’t have it in for him, I think my posts regarding footballers are always fair. I merely have a different opinion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You seem to have it in for Gilmour like Mustafa does for Steele and Dwayne does for McAllister. None of you will be changing your minds however well they play and shooting aside Gilmour had a very solid game, tidy player imo. :shrug:
Haha don't forget my irrational hatred of league one hinsh.

I do love gilly and van hecke though. I think gilmour is comparable with maccer without the silly world cup hype. Maybe not as good in the tackle.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
The speed of JPVH is phenomenal, like a greyhound. Watch when he covered back after his near miss from an excellent header following a corner. He knew he had to cover the missing Dunk and by jeez he can move. Wonderful player part of the 'Dutch Defense'.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The speed of JPVH is phenomenal, like a greyhound. Watch when he covered back after his near miss from an excellent header following a corner. He knew he had to cover the missing Dunk and by jeez he can move. Wonderful player part of the 'Dutch Defense'.
My only criticism is that he walks like he's shat himself. I can forgive that though, I'm very forgiving

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t have it in for him, I think my posts regarding footballers are always fair. I merely have a different opinion.
To be fair they are (the posts).

The whole ‘have it in for him’, just isn’t true. Your posts are always objective.

People simply have different opinions, but we all love our team, and is about discussion.

As brilliant as he was yesterday (and he was), JPvH has a mistake in him, doesn’t mean I don’t rate him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair they are (the posts).

The whole ‘have it in for him’, just isn’t true. Your posts are always objective.

People simply have different opinions, but we all love our team, and is about discussion.

As brilliant as he was yesterday (and he was), JPvH has a mistake in him, doesn’t mean I don’t rate him
Thank you. And regarding discussion I did explain my reasons with more detail a few weeks ago in a discussion about Gilmour and Dahoud with a few other posters. Some of it is just down to personal preference with midfielders. It was disappointing to be told I have it in for him.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It'd be a bit surprising if you thought your own opinions were unreasonable.

To be clear, in this particular case I happen to agree that he was frustrating, even if he did have a decent game for the most part (i.e. excluding any moment that actually drew attention to him directly).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he carries on his upward trajectory a little further , I think Van Hecke will be a future captain of Brighton. You heard it here first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here