Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Ward

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Normal service is resumed...

John Percy ‏@John__Percy · 2h2 hours ago
#nffc are close to signing former Derby winger Jamie Ward on a free transfer. Medical today #dcfc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He has played pretty much all his career in the Sheffield / Derby area.

Looks like he wants to stay local.

Let's move on and get someone better.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't think anyone can be surprised he's not joined the Albion. Forest have more cash than us and Ward won't have to move.

Cue the people claiming that we're dawdling or that we should have got there first etc, based on nothing more than speculation.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Cue the people claiming that we're dawdling or that we should have got there first etc, based on nothing more than speculation.

Ward was always a highly unlikely "target" and there’s been no substantive reports linking him to the Albion .
As a general point, after the shambles of the club's recruitment and public announcements about this last pre-season, people may well take a more rigorous line about the club’s transfer activity this time. We will need to sign players who are on a par with Ward or dare we say, even better.
The club can't afford to get its recruitment wrong again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ward was always a highly unlikely "target" and there’s been no substantive reports linking him to the Albion .
As a general point, after the shambles of the club's recruitment and public announcements about this last pre-season, people may well take a more rigorous line about the club’s transfer activity this time. We will need to sign players who are on a par with Ward or dare we say, even better.
The club can't afford to get its recruitment wrong again.

I completely agree with you on all those points, but I know how fickle some of our fans can be :p

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFP working really well then... Just like we all predicted..

The FA have NO backbone at all...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest have a wage limit of 10K a week for new signings.

It appears Ward is prepared to accept 10K a week from Forest, but wants more from other clubs - clearly because he doesn't need to move house with Forest, and I suggest really wants to stay in the area he's played for most of his career.

It seems a done deal with Forest, although it won't be confirmed until July 1 as his contract with Derby runs until then, and there is no point in him taking an early pay cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here