Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Ward

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Read earlier Nicky Maynard is being released by Cardiff at the end of the season.
Reckon he could do a job and probably fits into the system/formation Hughton likes to play - target man/big striker at the top of the tree.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Irritating little shit. Gets under players and fans skins. Not without skill to both create and score goals.
I would take him for certain

would definately have him for aggression and was able to put the ball in for Chris Martin enough times . Only reservation would be if he is injury prone . I dont think we have enough experienced players for this division and he would fit that bill.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Read earlier Nicky Maynard is being released by Cardiff at the end of the season.
Reckon he could do a job and probably fits into the system/formation Hughton likes to play - target man/big striker at the top of the tree.

I saw this too. While I agree with you and I suggested his name when he was available previously, the report says that they are allowing him to leave due to his injury record. I worry that it could be another Baldock scenario or even worse a Kitson debarcle.

I think we should hang on a few weeks until June and see what happens with the promoted teams. I see that Bornmuff have been linked to a £5Mill striker.
with all the extra money in the pot I would think that there would be some half decent players being told that they're not going to get much game time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ward was absolutely superb for them in both play off games against us. Thought he looked a great little player. Clearly hasn't been so effective this time round, judging by the fact he's been released.

Part of me says "yes please", the other voice wonders whether he was a bit of a one season wonder in an excellent Derby side.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jamie Ward is a fantastic player. Much better than the Extremely-ordinary Johnny Russell, for example.
Exactly the sort of player we should get straight in. Would make a massive difference to our creativity, pace and initiative and would jump at the chance to play regularly.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Jamie Ward is a fantastic player. Much better than the Extremely-ordinary Johnny Russell, for example.
Exactly the sort of player we should get straight in. Would make a massive difference to our creativity, pace and initiative and would jump at the chance to play regularly.

He's really not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here