Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Ward

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's really not.

How are you getting on at the moment? We recognised fairly early on that it was going to be a dire season, and survival, a manager remaining in place (hopefully!) means there's somewhat of a positive gloss on things. But you've battered the Championship for two seasons now, but something's gone badly wrong in the last few months (or have I got that assessment wrong?)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How are you getting on at the moment? We recognised fairly early on that it was going to be a dire season, and survival, a manager remaining in place (hopefully!) means there's somewhat of a positive gloss on things. But you've battered the Championship for two seasons now, but something's gone badly wrong in the last few months (or have I got that assessment wrong?)

I think your assessment is entirely correct for this season but not last - Yeah we lost the play off final but sh*t happens right? This season was strange, we never hit the heights of 13/14 but I don't think it was a great league this year. In terms of what went wrong, you can't put the finger on 1 particular thing but the mystery around McClaren to Newcastle was odd and his resistance to boot it in to touch didn't help..... Injuries did hit us hard, 2 positions are key to the way Derby play - defensive midfield and errrm Chris Martin! in the DM position we went through Thorne, Eustace and Mascarell and Martin got injured for a couple of months. But you have to question why we didn't have appropriate cover (we had 'wingers' coming out of our ********s) OR change the style of play.... Still, we're in a very healthy state off the pitch and a strong squad to build on so who knows.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think your assessment is entirely correct for this season but not last - Yeah we lost the play off final but sh*t happens right? This season was strange, we never hit the heights of 13/14 but I don't think it was a great league this year. In terms of what went wrong, you can't put the finger on 1 particular thing but the mystery around McClaren to Newcastle was odd and his resistance to boot it in to touch didn't help..... Injuries did hit us hard, 2 positions are key to the way Derby play - defensive midfield and errrm Chris Martin! in the DM position we went through Thorne, Eustace and Mascarell and Martin got injured for a couple of months. But you have to question why we didn't have appropriate cover (we had 'wingers' coming out of our ********s) OR change the style of play.... Still, we're in a very healthy state off the pitch and a strong squad to build on so who knows.

Sounds as though you're fine. Which is good. And Derby look in good long-term shape too -- and thanks for the overview, which makes total sense. Think it'll take us a while to get into such a situation.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sounds as though you're fine. Which is good. And Derby look in good long-term shape too -- and thanks for the overview, which makes total sense. Think it'll take us a while to get into such a situation.

It's always a cycle isn't it, so enjoy the good times and when things aren't going so well? Enjoy them as well, cos you know the only way is up then!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's always a cycle isn't it, so enjoy the good times and when things aren't going so well? Enjoy them as well, cos you know the only way is up then!

We created our own cycle... well, downward spiral, but I admire your positivity.

Oh, and I like Jamie Ward as a player...

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sheffield United fans going on about Ward on Twitter. I think he's an ex Blade anyway so might fancy a move back. Not too far geographically either, so wouldn't need to uproot the family.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Height means sod all in football Two words : Lionel Messi :lol:

Yes, always looks dangerous

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Eric Potts

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another good player who has passed us by.....I suspect this is going to happen a lot over the next few weeks. I only hope that we have learned that quality players generally cost money.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another good player who has passed us by.....I suspect this is going to happen a lot over the next few weeks. I only hope that we have learned that quality players generally cost money.

But if another team is willing to pay, say 25k a week, should we follow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here