Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Milner sings

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I know the opposition weren’t the best but after a bit of a shaky start yesterday, he did really well in the end.
Yes definitely have to hold my hands up over here and admit that I wasn't too happy to see him starting again (but understanding of the fact that we are seriously short on options), but that I thought he played very well in the end. Loved when he clattered their winger (fairly - won the ball first) down in the North East corner in the first half 👏

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Much better at left back, but Ajax came for a 0-0 and then looked like they had settled for 2-0.
He can do a job against teams that aren't going to attack much.

Happy that he proved himself after Saturday, but let's not get carried away.
I'm not sure they settled at 0-2 - they definitely had more spells of possession in our half and more of the ball in spells of the second half - we had to stay alert at the back for sure. Still weren't very good even in the spells of possession but they did hit the post which had it gone in would've made for a very.nervy last 10 or so!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah he was good. Interestingly though for at least the last half an hour if not longer Gross was at left back, maybe to get practice there ahead of the weekend (?), and Milner was filling some strange second left back position between Gross and Mitoma. Anyway whatever it was he fulfilled it very well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not sure they settled at 0-2 - they definitely had more spells of possession in our half and more of the ball in spells of the second half - we had to stay alert at the back for sure. Still weren't very good even in the spells of possession but they did hit the post which had it gone in would've made for a very.nervy last 10 or so!
There was a period in the second half, when we must have made 100+ passes almost completely unchallenged.
Now I appreciate that we are pretty good at that, but that was a very lacklustre performance from Ajax.
Not putting down our performance, because we were very good, without having to really get out of 2nd gear.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There was a period in the second half, when we must have made 100+ passes almost completely unchallenged.
Now I appreciate that we are pretty good at that, but that was a very lacklustre performance from Ajax.
Not putting down our performance, because we were very good, without having to really get out of 2nd gear.
Well yes we were still very dominant but compared to the first half they definitely ventured into our half with the ball more than the first!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah decent game, but wasn’t tested too much. I’m not going to completely write him off as a full back option because of the city game. Lots of full backs will struggle with Doku.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
About 50 of the passes were little short distance one touch passes between Dunk and Gross! It very much had the feel of an exhibition match at that point.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well yes we were still very dominant but compared to the first half they definitely ventured into our half with the ball more than the first!
Yeah, but they were level for nearly all of the first half, having come for a draw.
I assumed they would have to come at us, in the second and the game would open up.
But they didn't.
They hit the post, but there was no sustained pressure, that you would normally expect.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Milner was very solid. I can’t remember him posing an attacking threat though but RDZ had eyes on 3 points and a rare clean sheet.

But I do suspect we’ll be getting a new full back come January now that Lamptey has proved that he is at the correct level we need but injury issues will mean he’ll rarely play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Played well in a position where we are desperate for cover, hopefully he can carry on filling in there until Estupinan is ready to play again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Milner was very solid. I can’t remember him posing an attacking threat though but RDZ had eyes on 3 points and a rare clean sheet.

But I do suspect we’ll be getting a new full back come January now that Lamptey has proved that he is at the correct level we need but injury issues will mean he’ll rarely play.
He got far enough upfield to have a shot on target……

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know the opposition weren’t the best but after a bit of a shaky start yesterday, he did really well in the end.
Colour me unsurprised. Some of the shit that was directed his way was disrespectful to him and RDZ, for picking him.

Yes, he's slow – so's Groß, but he's got legend status – and he's not been at his best, but players like that don't turn to shite overnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here