Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough of Gary Barlow

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In the end he is only back in the spotlight because of the man he really wants to be. Gary Barlow has about 1/100th of the talent of Robbie Williams and he knows it. You can see it eating him up inside. He is the Tim Henman to Williams's Andy Murray. Take That split up and Gary slid off under a rock never to be seen again. And he would have stayed there if it he hadn't had the good fortune to have sung with THE greatest musical entertainer of the last 50 years (I put him second only to Elvis in my all time list) in Mr Robbie Williams. While Gary was opening Tesco's car parks and singing at childrens parties, Robbie was producing world changing hits and dueting with the likes of Kylie and Nicole Kidman.

Barlow is VERY lucky that Robbie has the good grace to take him back and I hope for his sake he wants him back for good.

*pulls out Pringles and awaits TCB's response*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great post:lolol:

I think the question some of you need to ask is WHY are people like Gary and David so popular? It's not because the British public want to be sheep, it's because the majority of people will always recognise the best in any particular field, whether it is music, sport or anything else. That's why I've been in a crowd of 90,000 on more than one occasion to watch Take That and why David is one of England's most revered players of all time. Other people see a grotty club and 30 others for company as their ultimate music experience. Some would even rather idolise a Championship clogger over a world-class player. There is nothing wrong with that, but the facts suggest my taste is impeccable because so many thousands of people agree with me.

I'm not personally convinced that a love of middle of the road music gives you impeccable taste, I also find it a bit weird that you are making the statement about your own taste. Wouldn't that be up to someone else? " oh that TCB has impeccable taste" rather than "Oooh I have impeccable taste, because I like what the majority like"

Michael Buble is probably more popular than Barlow, have his fans also got impeccable taste?

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

TCB - you are a marketer's wet dream. Beckham, Barlow - if you were a woman you would be Katie Price's biggest fan. Do you actually have any taste in anything? I shouldn't be having a dig, there's nothing wrong with being relentlessly populist if that's what (you've been told to) like. Just find it unusual. You're like ITV if it was a person

:lolol: He's (or at least his NSC persona) so easy to caricature. You could guarantee most of these things are true of TCB just by looking at a few of his posts:

- Mid-to-late twenties
- Middle management office type job (something numbers related most probably), earning a decent salary
- Degree level educated
- Prefers X Factor/Strictly on Saturday night to going out
- Middle-class upbringing
- Small social circle of friends
- Loves Sky TV
- Votes Conservative
- Holds disdain for anything or anyone slightly unique
- Lives in a cosy suburban area
- Reads The Telegraph
- Probably in decent physical shape from semi-regular gym visits
- Eats out at places like Jamie Oliver's, Nando's, GBK, etc.

I don't mean that horribly, TCB, and I might well be wrong - not that it's a sin if I'm right. You seem a relatively clever bloke judging by your writing style and ability to utilise it in a way to rile people, which if anything makes it slightly more odd, but whatever makes you happy (and Gary Barlow clearly does)!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't mean that horribly, TCB, and I might well be wrong - not that it's a sin if I'm right. You seem a relatively clever bloke judging by your writing style and ability to utilise it in a way to rile people, which if anything makes it slightly more odd, but whatever makes you happy (and Gary Barlow clearly does)!

This. As I said, I don't mean it as a dig, I just find TCB a fascinating creature.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
:lolol: He's (or at least his NSC persona) so easy to caricature. You could guarantee most of these things are true of TCB just by looking at a few of his posts:

- Mid-to-late twenties
- Middle management office type job (something numbers related most probably), earning a decent salary
- Degree level educated
- Prefers X Factor/Strictly on Saturday night to going out
- Middle-class upbringing
- Small social circle of friends
- Loves Sky TV
- Votes Conservative
- Holds disdain for anything or anyone slightly unique
- Lives in a cosy suburban area
- Reads The Telegraph
- Probably in decent physical shape from semi-regular gym visits
- Eats out at places like Jamie Oliver's, Nando's, GBK, etc.

How does any of that result in a deep infatuation with Michel Kuipers though?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the end he is only back in the spotlight because of the man he really wants to be. Gary Barlow has about 1/100th of the talent of Robbie Williams and he knows it. You can see it eating him up inside. He is the Tim Henman to Williams's Andy Murray. Take That split up and Gary slid off under a rock never to be seen again. And he would have stayed there if it he hadn't had the good fortune to have sung with THE greatest musical entertainer of the last 50 years (I put him second only to Elvis in my all time list) in Mr Robbie Williams. While Gary was opening Tesco's car parks and singing at childrens parties, Robbie was producing world changing hits and dueting with the likes of Kylie and Nicole Kidman.

Barlow is VERY lucky that Robbie has the good grace to take him back and I hope for his sake he wants him back for good.

Funny how opinions can differ. Personally, I happen to find Williams to be a smug, self-absorbed, arrogant prick who piggy backed for most of his career on the songwriting skills of others and whose music (particularly the lyrics, which I suspect he imagines as he writes them to be hilariously witty and cutting edge) is absolute arse-on-a-stick.

Then again I think Barlow is a boring individual whose solo music seems mostly to be duller than the beige paint section at B&Q, so who knows?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funny how opinions can differ. Personally, I happen to find Williams to be a smug, self-absorbed, arrogant prick who piggy backed for most of his career on the songwriting skills of others and whose music (particularly the lyrics, which I suspect he imagines as he writes them to be hilariously witty and cutting edge) is absolute arse-on-a-stick.

Then again I think Barlow is a boring individual whose solo music seems mostly to be duller than the beige paint section at B&Q, so who knows?

I think that post was a wind up, anyone who has any interest in music cannot be impressed by anything about Robbie Williams apart from maybe his showmanship...surely?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think that post was a wind up, anyone who has any interest in music cannot be impressed by anything about Robbie Williams apart from maybe his showmanship...surely?

Well I've been fairly sure for a while that TCB is on the wind up with his Gary Barlow posts, so frankly, I'm confused now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As this debate has shifted into Camp Gary v Camp Robbie, ( no pun or inference intended) interestingly, I can actually name 2 Williams hits but can't name one from Barlow. Additionally, in the best Motty tradition, funnily enough, Williams has featured more than any other on the " Now That's What .." series of cds.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

This is now my favourite NSC post of the year. Bravo.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

This is the sort of post that young psychiatrists dream of.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Barlow is just a big part of the distraction gig....bit like this....

View attachment 49142

those who fall into such traps are deserving of his music.

Fukishima story was all over the news. You lot!

Oh and yes, Gary Barlow really is vanilla drivel for people with no soul. I imagine at school he spent his lunch hours in the staff room making toast for the tracksuited games teacher and singing tunes for the fat school receptionist while his contempories danced on lino squares in the playground.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The £76 tickets sitting on my desk in front of me right now to see the main man at The O2 in April suggest I am entirely genuine! I fail to see how anyone could have a bad word to say about arguably the greatest musician of our era. The only conclusion I can draw is that most British men are so insecure that they are unable to openly reveal their admiration of other men who are beautiful, talented and successful. See also: Beckham, D.

Had the misfortune to be confronted by the Tattooed Smugness this morning on the BBC morning show about 7.45. Apparently he is incredibly busy ( never too busy to squeeze in photo opportunity though. ) with so many projects including designing his range of underwear. Asked what the most important part of designing underwear was and he replied " The colour and the shape and the fit "
Well I never, I always thought that undercrackers only needed two large holes at the bottom and one large hole at the top with an optional slit in the front. this could be a lifetime's work ahead, lets hope it keeps him really busy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had the misfortune to be confronted by the Tattooed Smugness this morning on the BBC morning show about 7.45. Apparently he is incredibly busy ( never too busy to squeeze in photo opportunity though. ) with so many projects including designing his range of underwear. Asked what the most important part of designing underwear was and he replied " The colour and the shape and the fit "
Well I never, I always thought that undercrackers only needed two large holes at the bottom and one large hole at the top with an optional slit in the front. this could be a lifetime's work ahead, lets hope it keeps him really busy.

So only 3 or a 4th optional hole you say. Right.......... Need to nip out to Primark then.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On that link he's now being touted as a national treasure, about right as that's what a slightly crotchety past it luvvie is traditionally called in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here