Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough of Gary Barlow

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The £76 tickets sitting on my desk in front of me right now to see the main man at The O2 in April suggest I am entirely genuine! I fail to see how anyone could have a bad word to say about arguably the greatest musician of our era. The only conclusion I can draw is that most British men are so insecure that they are unable to openly reveal their admiration of other men who are beautiful, talented and successful. See also: Beckham, D.

Well enjoy your evening my fine friend, and I have no problem in saying Beckham is beautiful, talented and successful, but it doesn't help dispel the Brighton stereotype :)

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Saw one of his many TV appearances this week on Jonathan Ross. Was bleating on about he could only take 5 of his crew with him to Afghanistan. So instead of taking any of his band he took an ITV film crew. Sums it up really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

What a fantastic reply. I love TCB's passion for Barlow. He knows what he likes despite what others say, so respect for that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The £76 tickets sitting on my desk in front of me right now to see the main man at The O2 in April suggest I am entirely genuine! I fail to see how anyone could have a bad word to say about arguably the greatest musician of our era. The only conclusion I can draw is that most British men are so insecure that they are unable to openly reveal their admiration of other men who are beautiful, talented and successful. See also: Beckham, D.

What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

Extraordinary quotes about a very ordinary musician. However I love that you are prepared to stick your neck out so much as you clearly love his music.

My father-in-law played with Gary Barlow at the Moss Bank Labour Club before he was well known.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Barlow is a great songwriter and Rule the World is a classic that will still be played in a few hundred years time. I think he peaked a few years back though. His latest single is Dog Poo.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

This is gold :ohmy:

D

Deleted member 18477

I like Barlow but i've seen enough of him on the tele recently. His voice is starting to annoy me and it usually doesn't...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I love Radio 2 but it's all become a bit of a Gaaarrry Baaarlow love in! He's getting an unhealthily amount of airtime.

has he blackmailed the Beeb?
Spooky...real spooky...reading your post...listening to Radio Two.......and what comes on.....Dusty Springfield.....no joking....Gary Barlows latest....begining to think you're right.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I love Radio 2 but it's all become a bit of a Gaaarrry Baaarlow love in! He's getting an unhealthily amount of airtime.

has he blackmailed the Beeb?

Radio 2 is shite these days-unless you are female into boy 'bands', Barlow, Williams, x factor winners and female 'singers' who either sing through their noses or feel they need to shout all the phucking time. I know Radio 2 has never been cutting edge radio but these days it's dreadful-too much emphasis on middle aged women's music. For me it has become un-listenable most of the time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Barlow is a great songwriter and Rule the World is a classic that will still be played in a few hundred years time. I think he peaked a few years back though. His latest single is Dog Poo.

Your last comment is accurate although I'd extend it to say all of his music is dog shit. As for his crap still being played in a hundred years-I think you might be getting a little carried away. Barlow has churned out some of the blandest 'music' ever, aimed at pubescent girls and menopausal women. It's made him rich but that doesn't make him good.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Have you missed out the decimal point?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think I speak on behalf of a huge percentage of the population in saying that most of us already have substantially more than the 0.1% of Gary Barlow's talent we apparently envy. I personally will work to increase this by practicing that little boss eyed half wink he does to camera when he is introduced weekly on X Factor.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barlows stuff is pleasant enough as a bit of background / elevator music that you can kind of hear, but are not really listening to. Its fairly inoffensive. I struggle to come up with any superlatives either way to be honest - its neither fanstastic, nor is it catastrophic. Its just very......meh.

If Barlows music were a colour, it would be light beige. If he was a smell, it would be cardboard. If he was a footballer, he would be Alan Hutton.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Would rather listen to a recording of my own farts through headphones on endless loop than any boy band nonsense .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You know wake up on a perfectly serene mid-summer's morning, possibly at the weekend where you don't have to get up, the day is your own and you've got blissfully nothing to do, and all day to do it in?

Then a pneumatic drill fires up at 8am at intermittent periods, punctuated by seagulls right outside your window screeching their wings off, and a noisy scaffolder opposite starts gobbing off to his mate 30 feet below about absolutely sod all. That's a Gary Barlow album to me, that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here