Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough of Gary Barlow

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Radio 2 is shite these days-unless you are female into boy 'bands', Barlow, Williams, x factor winners and female 'singers' who either sing through their noses or feel they need to shout all the phucking time. I know Radio 2 has never been cutting edge radio but these days it's dreadful-too much emphasis on middle aged women's music. For me it has become un-listenable most of the time.

Don't listen to it then :) simples.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Barlow is just a big part of the distraction gig....bit like this....

1461437_636025273114380_1326102317_n.jpg

those who fall into such traps are deserving of his music.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't listen to it then :) simples.

I don't-most of the time. It would be nice if its playlist wasn't so bland though! . It isn't so it's 6 Music when I can get it. Radio 2's good point is that there is rarely any hip hop on so it's not all bad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Can't we have Gary Barlow as from now on starred out swearword on NSC? I suddenly have the urge to maim or kidnap and feed him ever-fattening bread for a few months before releasing the original Obesey Barlow back into the world.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

I hope you're not being sarcastic because I agree with you!!!!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Barlow is just a big part of the distraction gig....bit like this....

View attachment 49142

those who fall into such traps are deserving of his music.

That's odd cos i saw that Fukishima story on the bbc, skynews, in the Guardian, independent and even a copy of the Sun i was perusing to check if they still published shamelessly sexist pictures of scantilly clad large chested ladies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
TCB - you are a marketer's wet dream. Beckham, Barlow - if you were a woman you would be Katie Price's biggest fan. Do you actually have any taste in anything? I shouldn't be having a dig, there's nothing wrong with being relentlessly populist if that's what (you've been told to) like. Just find it unusual. You're like ITV if it was a person

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to say TCB is completely OWNING everyone on this thread at the moment :O

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Great post:lolol:

I think the question some of you need to ask is WHY are people like Gary and David so popular? It's not because the British public want to be sheep, it's because the majority of people will always recognise the best in any particular field, whether it is music, sport or anything else. That's why I've been in a crowd of 90,000 on more than one occasion to watch Take That and why David is one of England's most revered players of all time. Other people see a grotty club and 30 others for company as their ultimate music experience. Some would even rather idolise a Championship clogger over a world-class player. There is nothing wrong with that, but the facts suggest my taste is impeccable because so many thousands of people agree with me.

The concept of spoon-feeding is a total mystery to you, yet has completely enveloped your senses.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
What a fantastic reply. I love TCB's passion for Barlow. He knows what he likes despite what others say, so respect for that.

I'm with you there. Much better for people to like what they like without being ever-led by bombardments from think-they-know-it-alls. For as much as i am largely latterly that, it's a finer world with people in any part of the spectrum to mostly stick to their guns.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Great post:lolol:

I think the question some of you need to ask is WHY are people like Gary and David so popular? It's not because the British public want to be sheep, it's because the majority of people will always recognise the best in any particular field, whether it is music, sport or anything else. That's why I've been in a crowd of 90,000 on more than one occasion to watch Take That and why David is one of England's most revered players of all time. Other people see a grotty club and 30 others for company as their ultimate music experience. Some would even rather idolise a Championship clogger over a world-class player. There is nothing wrong with that, but the facts suggest my taste is impeccable because so many thousands of people agree with me.

I'd give the advice lifelong to look sometimes around to see who you are one of many of.
I was at a Shellac gig last night and surveyed the scene to spot a myriad of stiff, stomachy, slightly inebriated, mostly middle-aged chaps who didn't have room to take a huge amount of new culture into their ageing heads. And yes, they felt a bit like me. That isn't to say that every attendee to an event should be identical, but it's worth keeping an eye on, as we're built surely to self-assess as we develop and work on the extremity of our swivels in our turning points.
Only 600 people there last night, but it was great.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A Gary feckin Barlow thread. FFS... serves me right for banging on about Gus threads !
If I disappear and never post on here again my disillusioned wife has found this post.....and I'm buried at the bottom of the garden.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
In the end he is only back in the spotlight because of the man he really wants to be. Gary Barlow has about 1/100th of the talent of Robbie Williams and he knows it. You can see it eating him up inside. He is the Tim Henman to Williams's Andy Murray. Take That split up and Gary slid off under a rock never to be seen again. And he would have stayed there if it he hadn't had the good fortune to have sung with THE greatest musical entertainer of the last 50 years (I put him second only to Elvis in my all time list) in Mr Robbie Williams. While Gary was opening Tesco's car parks and singing at childrens parties, Robbie was producing world changing hits and dueting with the likes of Kylie and Nicole Kidman.

Barlow is VERY lucky that Robbie has the good grace to take him back and I hope for his sake he wants him back for good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here