Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough - I've sold NSC to another party

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm gonna sue the arse of you for selling NSC.

No, scratch that, I'm gonna break your legs. Right, where do you live... Reading, on my way :rave:

PS - thanks for the update and well done

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Well half of that is true, anyway.

NSC no longer 'belongs' to me personally but to a company called Blue Seagull Technology Limited. I'm not sure anyone has noticed yet, but at the bottom of every page on NSC is the line:

Why has this been done?

I spend quite a bit of time tinkering behind the scenes on NSC, more than Mrs Bozza is probably happy with, and recently that has focused on the adverts we carry. The result has been a dramatic upswing in advertising revenues - NSC is earning some pretty decent money now. By way of example, although it looks as though it may have been a freak month, in January NSC earned c£2,500 from Google Ads alone.

Unfortunately, with NSC 'belonging' to me, all NSC profits would be seen as personal income and as such would be liable to my income tax etc. Needless to say, I'm not a basic rate tax payer.

What does this mean?

Day to day it makes no difference at all - NSC is the same NSC it has always been, for better and for worse.

With NSC sheltered in a limited company this tax burden will decrease, meaning NSC will have to give less earnings to the tax man, which is good. However we will be paying an accountant a small fee for helping with annual returns and the like.

There is an additional benefit in all this for me. From time to time I receive various threats of legal action relating to posts on NSC. To this day none have come to fruition, but if they did, there is now far less chance of me losing my family home as action would be against Blue Seagull Technology which could easily be liquidated.

Also, with NSC's various domains now registered to Blue Seagull's registered office in Reading, maybe I'll get less personal threats from people who previously found it easy to find my details. Yes, sadly that does happen.

There are a few financial bits and pieces that have got caught up in the transition, most notably the Amazon Christmas shopping prizes. I'm just waiting for a guide on how to deal with those, but rest assured they WILL be honoured.

Now, I realise most of you will not care about this one jot - you like just rocking up here, posting some stuff and going away again. However, I've always tried to be transparent as I know some people do care.

Just don't leave us Bozza! :tantrum:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
NSC - One of the best and well run football boards on t'internet. :thumbsup:

The success of this board seems to be mirroring the way the club is going as well.

Keep it going Bozza!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
will this affect the NSC betting game winnings?

No - they will absolutely be honoured.

To be clear - I fully expect to carry on all such frivolous usage of NSC's money - prizes for games (I want a few running next season), giving back some of the Christmas affiliate earnings and donations to charities such as the REMF. I just need to make sure it's all done in the right way given the new structure.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Well done sir.

I don't post on here very much, but I love NSC and check it out a few times every day. Would be lost without it.
Got to be one, if not the best football forum websites in this country and we are very lucky to have it and to be able to enjoy it.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Meme

An element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp. imitation.

An image, video, etc. that is passed electronically from one Internet user to another.

I.e. annoying quotes people repeat because they can't think of anything else to say and think that they are being witty.

My sister had a toy monkey she called meme.

H&S would ban it nowadays as when its hand broke a big bit of metal poked out, needless to say this ended up drawing blood on a few occasions.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It's only when you look at some of those other clubs' ugly little message boards - like, for example, Ipswich - that you realize just how amazing NSC really is. In its design and functionality, certainly, but mostly for its breadth of content and quality posts. And, of course, its expert management.

Thanks, Bozza - fantastic stuff.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Noticed the footer the other day, and surprised that you've only just made this change. It's the sanest thing to do for all the reasons you've stated, and will probably let you grow the site more etc..., as well as potentially providing a base for other ventures (if you were so inclined). Good shout :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here