Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan Toney

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Toney being treated like a returning hero after some horrific injury rather than someone who broke a load of rules multiple times. Interviews on how grateful to Brentford he is, blah blah blah

He got away with a slap on the wrist, was allowed to play till Brentford were realistically safe last season, and now the media are fawning over him. Little doubt Southgate is salivating about getting him in to the England squad

It just leaves a bad smell, on one hand the powers that be say they want to crack down on betting advetising, sponsorship and yet they actually do very little about it and welcome back with open arms a player who broke the rules more often than than Man City, and he is seenparading around on various media as somekind of returning messiah

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

“I didn’t watch football for a while, for a month and a bit,” said Toney. “I’d only really watch Brentford games but I would flick it on now and then, just listening in the background for the chances or the scoreline, things like this.

“Before that, I was watching every single Premier League game possible. Every League One and League Two game on TV, obviously coming from those leagues. In a way, I kind of punished myself, not watching games. Then I realised: That’s not really helping me, the situation is done.
Was he maybe watching all those games because he had money on them?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he had a gambling problem which was touted around for a while why the f*** did he have to even go near football. Addicts can bet on anything…..

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

Was he maybe watching all those games because he had money on them?
I never personally watch games I haven't bet on. Not sure my urging teams on actually has an effect when it's highlights I'm watching though.
Thankfully I'm not a pro footballer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Toney being treated like a returning hero after some horrific injury rather than someone who broke a load of rules multiple times. Interviews on how grateful to Brentford he is, blah blah blah

He got away with a slap on the wrist, was allowed to play till Brentford were realistically safe last season, and now the media are fawning over him. Little doubt Southgate is salivating about getting him in to the England squad

It just leaves a bad smell, on one hand the powers that be say they want to crack down on betting advetising, sponsorship and yet they actually do very little about it and welcome back with open arms a player who broke the rules more often than than Man City, and he is seenparading around on various media as somekind of returning messiah
Bet you whack him straight in to your Fantasy Football team this week though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he had a gambling problem which was touted around for a while why the f*** did he have to even go near football. Addicts can bet on anything…..
Indeed a Palace player of old was a regular roulette player to be fair I never saw him go overboard either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here