Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It's too hot

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
35 here yesterday in BC. Broke another record for heat.
Thunder and lightning storms this week, more fires.

It’s going to be a brutal year for much of Canada and the US for heat, drought and fire.

I think most of us up here would take the mid-20’s English summer with a bit of rain this year.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Lol...We were on some footings once, laying 13" Celcon blocks. It was muddy and we could barely get pug to the brickies fast enough as wheelbarrows were sliding all over the place. My mate decides to get a plasterers hod in a lightbulb moment. Day one with it and he puts his back out. Off for the rest of the week. That worked out well for the rest of us :facepalm:

We used to see how many 5" Celcons we could stack on a hod and bump out successfully. Happy days in many ways as it was like going to the gym everyday and getting paid for it. I've paid the price for it now though in terms of back issues 😔
I’ve always avoided any type of manual work as I’ve seen so many people with back issues as a result . I don’t even lift a suitcase , has to be on wheels .

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Need to paint all of the skirting boards and doors in our flat today so that will be fun. Feels like it's already 30 degrees outside FML.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
A few years ago I went on holiday to South America, I had a picture by Iguassu Falls with the temperature showing at 42c. A week after I got back, I was sent by my company to Moscow for a 2 week assignment in the middle of winter, where it got down to minus 36c. So within a week or so, my body had to cope with a 78c shift in temperature! My wardrobe also got severely tested too!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do you take anything to counter it?

I use a couple of products that basically eliminate it every day. Why did I suffer for so many springs?

Over the years I’ve tried probably every hayfever product on the market. Most useful I’ve found are Citrizine Hydrochloride tablets. Also use nasal sprays/powders and eye sprays.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not moaning - I just don't like it. Give me 18 degrees and a light breeze any day.

My body runs hot, and always has done. Just coming back from a walk with the dog at 9:30 and I've got a light sweat on.

I'll go for a run in the heat - I don't mind that, but for day-to-day stuff and being out and about, I'd turn this temperature down if I could..

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Parkrun on Hove prom was pretty punishing this morning. Still had the tail end of that northeasterly wind, which was refreshing on the two long legs towards the Meeting Place cafe, but with the wind speed being approximately "jogging pace" it vanished when we were running with it. I think I may have to accept some slower times until normal British weather resumes in September.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Over the years I’ve tried probably every hayfever product on the market. Most useful I’ve found are Citrizine Hydrochloride tablets. Also use nasal sprays/powders and eye sprays.

I used Cetirizine for yours, but for me it wasn't a game changer. I think's my allergy is to Birch pollen, running from the beginning of February. A couple of years of ago I gave the nasal spray Beconase Hay Fever anther go, using it first thing each day. The Hay Fever's effectively gone, every day, as long as I remember to us it! The special Optrex Hay Fever eye drops are also great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here