Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It's too hot

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We moan in this country when it’s raining and cold for 9 months of the year and as soon as the weather improves and the sun comes out we moan it’s too hot ! You could never live in California..
You mean 'some people moan' blah blah. Not everyone moans about the warmer weather. Loads of us love it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just right ATM.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We moan in this country when it’s raining and cold for 9 months of the year and as soon as the weather improves and the sun comes out we moan it’s too hot ! You could never live in California..
You mean a minority of people do?
Hardly 9 months of rain and cold anyway (down here at least anyway) usually from April- September it's mostly sunny and warm/hot with some bonus spells in March/October (although spring did start properly a bit later this year in europe).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I cycle 5 times a week, and although Ive kept going, ive reduced the mileage abit.I suppose on the plus side when (IF) it ever stops it will seem very easy to run or cycle

I gave cycling a miss for the last few weeks. It’s generally breezy up here anyway, but for literally the last 4 or 5 weeks we’ve had a 20mph gusty NE wind. The BBC/Met Office correctly forecast that. Making the hilly route I love hellish.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not hot enough yet. Bring on the 30s.
In the North Kent area we are still looking forward to 20. Still feels like late March here. Not quite 7 rather than 20, but you get my drift.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I gave cycling a miss for the last few weeks. It’s generally breezy up here anyway, but for literally the last 4 or 5 weeks we’ve had a 20mph gusty NE wind. The BBC/Met Office correctly forecast that. Making the hilly route I love hellish.
I really don't remember a weather pattern lasting so long as this has - we've been lucky to have had constant sun through it all (like the west of the country) and lovely temperatures (mostly - esp out of the breeze) at least!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pathetic. Its only just warming up and certain walks drying out at last. Its the best time of year hamds down. Sun dodgers moaning already.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're in luck - all change tomorrow in wind speed/ direction 👍
:thumbsup: Not yet had a sea swim. Had one in April and regularly through May a couple of years ago.

But anyway....sun and care have generated a record asparagus haul - 258 cut from a 8 foot by 3 foot bed already.

(what do you mean? Of course I have a spreadsheet!) :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pathetic. Its only just warming up and certain walks drying out at last. Its the best time of year hamds down. Sun dodgers moaning already.
Horses for courses. Impossible to beat April and October for me. May and September too, if it's not too warm.

June, July and August can fvck right off! 🤪

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really don't remember a weather pattern lasting so long as this has - we've been lucky to have had constant sun through it all (like the west of the country) and lovely temperatures (mostly - esp out of the breeze) at least!

The long wet and cold spring ended for us on 8 May. Everyday since exactly the same, with cold nights and that wind 24-7. The equivalent of winter 62/63 where a blocking high pressure gave 10 weeks of mostly polar continental winds from the east.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Horses for courses. Impossible to beat April and October for me. May and September too, if it's not too warm.

June, July and August can fvck right off! 🤪

I had a cousin who was a brickie/house builder, he always hated our summers and working in the heat.

We visited both Great Dixter and Sissinghurst today. The tanned Great Dixter staff seemed to be loving it all, I suppose after 8 months of unusual cold or rain. I think about protection from the rays.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The long wet and cold spring ended for us on 8 May. Everyday since exactly the same, with cold nights and that wind 24-7. The equivalent of winter 62/63 where a blocking high pressure gave 10 weeks of mostly polar continental winds from the east.
Yep! April was pretty sunny though - just a lot of downpours too and not as warm as normal for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here