Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Sunday...are you a Spiritualist?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Would not go near Spiritulism myself.. I don't believe you can contact the dead but I have heard too many scary stories...

nb .Alternative medicine is not the same at all.It is usually supported by those who have been let down by the NHS

All alternative medicines have been rigorously tested by science (using double blind tests which is the only way to remove all bias)... those that demonstrated a medicinal benefit over and above the placebo effect became... medicines. The rest is just mumbo jumbo, bollox and pot pouri!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A lot of the time these occurrences are witnessed by people who have both feet firmly planted on the ground and explore every avenue to try and discount the event from being anything else other than unexplained.
I know of several unexplained events, which as far as I am concerned remain unexplained.
I have detailed some of these on other threads over the years.

Though sometimes people are given a rational and plausible explanation and they still choose to reject it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sorry but surely the fact you were gullible enough to go to watch a medium speaks volumes of your gullibility. I'd love to think buried/cremated dead brains can make contact through other peoples brains or a old wooden keyboard but they can't.

I went to watch Colin Fry as a sceptic and, guess what, he is a fraud. I clearly pointed out the tricks he, and others, use. What happened to me personally was not contrived or engineered. Was experienced by several others who all experienced, saw and heard the same thing as me, they are all Medics. One Doctor, a midwife, two paramedics and the rest Nurses.

I've got nothing to gain from saying what I saw. I am not a credulous person. I am not religious, I'm not a drinker or drug taker in fact, I reckon, I am pretty straight up. But what happened DID happen, along with many other things. I don't know how they did,but they did.

It turned all of those present into firm believers that things can and do go bump in the night.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Someone better tell the Pope he's got it all wrong :angel:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ighting-priests-recognised-under-9580727.html

Pope Francis makes exorcisms official Catholic practice as demon-fighting priests recognised under canon law

Disclaimer - For what it's worth I have had no supernatural experiences and think his holiness is a proper twunt.

Only in America – Live exorcism on TV.

I must admit I did have a peak – just like all the fake ghost hunter programmes, all done with lighting, mood music etc. Only thing missing was James Earl Jones doing the voice over

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I went to watch Colin Fry as a sceptic and, guess what, he is a fraud. I clearly pointed out the tricks he, and others, use. What happened to me personally was not contrived or engineered. Was experienced by several others who all experienced, saw and heard the same thing as me, they are all Medics. One Doctor, a midwife, two paramedics and the rest Nurses.

I've got nothing to gain from saying what I saw. I am not a credulous person. I am not religious, I'm not a drinker or drug taker in fact, I reckon, I am pretty straight up. But what happened DID happen, along with many other things. I don't know how they did,but they did.

It turned all of those present into firm believers that things can and do go bump in the night.

I do not doubt your story or your integrity, I just find your starting position to perhaps even consider some level of supernatural as a bit of a give away.

I can assure you if I was with you that night, I would maybe of got spooked but never in a million years would I sincerely have thought I had had a supernatural experience, even without an explanation I could not bring myself to think that this could ever be a likely occurrence.

Not because I don't want there to be one, just that I know it could never happen, perhaps thats why I am spared the inevitable ghostly visits that others enjoy.

There is nothing to suggest we are so unique on this planet that we might be granted some supernatural extra deliverance ahead of everything else on the planet.

What we do have is a brain that can absorb spooky stories and situations from a very young age that we then might if we wish to do so transfer otherwise natural even if slightly baffling things into a ghost, spirit or poltergeist experience.

I am sorry BH you and your friends were not visited by anything more than bad plumbing, ill fitting windows and a higher sense of alertness than usual, spooky damn yeah, but demons, spirits or poltergeists unfortunately not.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do like a good rationalism versus empiricism debate. I'm with Descartes on this one I'm afraid Bev.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I do like a good rationalism versus empiricism debate. I'm with Descartes on this one I'm afraid Bev.

I'm with Sherlock Holmes..once you eliminate the impossible what is left, no matter how improbable, is the only answer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm with Sherlock Holmes..once you eliminate the impossible what is left, no matter how improbable, is the only answer.

He was a renowned opium smoker Bev, and there I think lies the clue to your dream like experiences.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
He was a renowned opium smoker Bev, and there I think lies the clue to your dream like experiences.
OK. You're right. I imagined the whole sorry episode. Obviously I'd been at the opium but left that detail out.

Actually. I'd rather have been off my tits somewhere rather than shitting myself in a house where every door in the building was being tapped on by thousands of invisible knuckles as well as the ceiling. Taptaptaptaptapping.

Bloody terrifying that was. Also strangely, coincidentally, a couple of hours after a jokey Ouija board experiment which went horribly wrong and left one of my friends a hysterical wreck.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Sorry but surely the fact you were gullible enough to go to watch a medium speaks volumes of your gullibility. I'd love to think buried/cremated dead brains can make contact through other peoples brains or a old wooden keyboard but they can't.

There is a side to this that is merely for entertainment purposes only. It's much like WWE. No-one attending these 'matches' seriously believe these are real. It's just a theatre of make believe to escape from the humdrum world - much like religion....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
OK. You're right. I imagined the whole sorry episode. Obviously I'd been at the opium but left that detail out.

Actually. I'd rather have been off my tits somewhere rather than shitting myself in a house where every door in the building was being tapped on by thousands of invisible knuckles as well as the ceiling. Taptaptaptaptapping.

Bloody terrifying that was. Also strangely, coincidentally, a couple of hours after a jokey Ouija board experiment which went horribly wrong and left one of my friends a hysterical wreck.

Maybe you lot were making so much noise, it pissed your neighbours off so much they started banging on the walls to make you shut up. We all know what boozy doctors, nurses and midwives can be like on a night out :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Maybe you lot were making so much noise, it pissed your neighbours off so much they started banging on the walls to make you shut up. We all know what boozy doctors, nurses and midwives can be like on a night out :shrug:

They went to extraordinary lengths then. They broke in and knocked on everyone's doors (upstairs and down) and the ceilings (upstairs and down) and managed to carry on when all of us had been roused and were standing outside the rooms.

It was a Tuesday night as I recall. we had been to the pub ( the Arlington in Hove) for a couple of games of pool but nobody was pissed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They went to extraordinary lengths then. They broke in and knocked on everyone's doors (upstairs and down) and the ceilings (upstairs and down) and managed to carry on when all of us had been roused and were standing outside the rooms.

It was a Tuesday night as I recall. we had been to the pub ( the Arlington in Hove) for a couple of games of pool but nobody was pissed.

Maybe these ghosts followed you home. I know some pubs (especially the new ale houses) that don't serve spirits.
(That's it I'm done)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

You believe you experienced this as a teenager. So the medics and doctors were teenagers? Seems odd.
It's an age old and classic method, add detail and make the people out to be rational realists to make the story plausible.
On all those ghost programs the do the same "I remember it well, George, an ex RAF pilot had just come down to get a class of milk, I remember it well because the green curtains in the living room blew inwards"
None of these facts make it any less likely to be bullshit.

As an aside, my stepbrother is currently paramedic in Croydon (I know) formerly RAF and a year in the met, he goes to see David Icke shows, reads his books, frequents crystal shops and is into spritualism. All of which is bullshit but he's a great paramedic.

You didn't experience owt paranormal I'm afraid.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
You believe you experienced this as a teenager. So the medics and doctors were teenagers? Seems odd.
It's an age old and classic method, add detail and make the people out to be rational realists to make the story plausible.
On all those ghost programs the do the same "I remember it well, George, an ex RAF pilot had just come down to get a class of milk, I remember it well because the green curtains in the living room blew inwards"
None of these facts make it any less likely to be bullshit.

As an aside, my stepbrother is currently paramedic in Croydon (I know) formerly RAF and a year in the met, he goes to see David Icke shows, reads his books, frequents crystal shops and is into spritualism. All of which is bullshit but he's a great paramedic.

You didn't experience owt paranormal I'm afraid.

As a teenager I was heavily involved in Ouija and eventually I stopped it because of the unpleasant consequences. Fast forward a few years and, on this night, I was telling my friends about what went on and, like all good sceptics, they wanted to see for themselves. Lots of jolly laughs.

Stupidly I agreed...just this once...to show them how it worked. That's when it all kicked off. Needless to say they, and I , we're so shaken up that none of us will ever do it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here