Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] It’s not for girls…

Funny & Harmless or misogynistic ?

• Harmless & funny, I don’t feel guilty laughing & why should I, it’s just a laugh.

Votes: 115 69.7%
  • Not funny, it is sexist and I am glad adverts like this have been consigned to the dustbin.

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • It was funny, but I feel guilty and uncomfortable with comedy like this now.

Votes: 31 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’d be happy with just a short hop back to the 80’s where weird people still existed but society was not pressured into making changes to validate their weirdness ..

I am happy here and, I love that weirdness is embraced (well mostly). The world is a much more interesting place when people can express themselves more freely.

There is more to come from the human race and it is going to be magnificent.

There will always be the Mary Whitehouses of the world trying to paint the world grey.

I have to ask though what are the unreasonable changes that you feel you are being asked to make to validate other people's weirdness? It just doesn't seem like an issue to me, no-ones weirdness really impinges on me. Live and let live I say.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I am happy here and, I love that weirdness is embraced (well mostly). The world is a much more interesting place when people can express themselves more freely.

There will always be the Mary Whitehouses of the world trying to paint the world grey.
Live by the Sea makes Mary Whitehouse look like a free-spirited renegade.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's probably on the rise because the younger generations live far unhealthier lifestyles by being glued to their devices and gaming constantly.

Compare the active lifestyles of previous generations and no wonder it's on the rise.
It's more to do with food production, cheapness of bad foods, and those able to market the worse kind of foods and drinks for the greatest amount of profit.

The active lifestyles of previous generations. :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Quite. Not sure who would think that fat-shaming people would have any positive effect.

Other 'woke' studies are available but they all show the same thing.

Except it's the Fat Acceptance movement that is the problem in the woke community.

These people actually take on the medical science and try to push the narrative that the medical view is wrong and that obese people can actually be healthy.

They are saying they are "metabolically healthy" even if they are obese.

These people on the social media platforms that influence young impressionable are pushing awful advice based on their ideologies.

They are worse than fat shamers because fat shamers aren't refuting medical science, the fat acceptance movement is.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Live by the Sea makes Mary Whitehouse look like a free-spirited renegade.
Not at all , my issue is not how weird a small percentage of people want to behave( it’s a free country ) but why are the general public expected to pander to them and use pronouns and other idiotic suggestions.

I don’t want to change the way men and women have been greeted for centuries because of a tiny minority of loontunes people .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What are these changes we are “all being forced into”?

I work in probably one of the most sensitive gender environments I can think of. Apart from once having a member of staff that used the pronouns “they/them”, I can’t think of one way it’s affected me or my work.

“Woke” is not as all encompassing as some people think and it’s nowhere near as demanding as some are making out.

“Huff and puff! Someone I’ll never meet and never even have to talk about is requesting I use a neutral pronoun when talking about them”

The irony is, if these nitwits weren’t so outraged and felt the need to go on about it, it would very rarely ever affect them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not at all , my issue is not how weird a small percentage of people want to behave( it’s a free country ) but why are the general public expected to pander to them and use pronouns and other idiotic suggestions.

I don’t want to change the way men and women have been greeted for centuries because of a tiny minority of loontunes people .
Is referring to someone as they instead of he or she really that big an ask for you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don’t care about gender bending but the likes of Boy George etc we’re not insisting people should speak to them using pronouns !
I expect they did, saying Boy George everytime they referenced him would get annoying quite quickly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Except it's the Fat Acceptance movement that is the problem in the woke community.

These people actually take on the medical science and try to push the narrative that the medical view is wrong and that obese people can actually be healthy.

They are saying they are "metabolically healthy" even if they are obese.

These people on the social media platforms that influence young impressionable are pushing awful advice based on their ideologies.

They are worse than fat shamers because fat shamers aren't refuting medical science, the fat acceptance movement is.
“Fat acceptance”? Never heard of it. Never heard of half the stuff you go on about. Zebras etc.

Which should tell you something;

If you go looking for stuff to be outraged and upset by, you’ll likely find it.

I let people carry on and strangely, I don’t hear about hardly any of it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What are these changes we are “all being forced into”?

I work in probably one of the most sensitive gender environments I can think of. Apart from once having a member of staff that used the pronouns “they/them”, I can’t think of one way it’s affected me or my work.

“Woke” is not as all encompassing as some people think and it’s nowhere near as demanding as some are making out.

“Huff and puff! Someone I’ll never meet and never even have to talk about is requesting I use a neutral pronoun when talking about them”

The irony is, if these nitwits weren’t so outraged and felt the need to go on about it, it would very rarely ever affect them.
I work in quite a sensitive gender environment too. I am asked by a few clients to use they/them pronouns. I really don't see the issue with it.

I ask people to call me a shortened version of my name and people are pretty happy to do it. Not much to ask is it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes because it’s not a natural way to speak
Yes it is. You already do it.

“Where’s Bob”?

They went to the shops.

“How is Sally getting on in the new job”?

They’re doing fine, thanks.

“How’s Bob’s bad leg”?

I’ve not seen them lately.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I have to ask though what are the unreasonable changes that you feel you are being asked to make to validate other people's weirdness? It just doesn't seem like an issue to me, no-ones weirdness really impinges on me. Live and let live I say.

The fact that if someone doesn't buy into another person's view they can have a complaint made upon them with something like the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.

Which means if a man thinks of himself as a woman and others with their own eyes don't believe this claim then they can be hauled before the commission.

Is that a reasonable change?

Forcing people to pretend by law it would seem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here