Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] It’s not for girls…

Funny & Harmless or misogynistic ?

• Harmless & funny, I don’t feel guilty laughing & why should I, it’s just a laugh.

Votes: 115 69.7%
  • Not funny, it is sexist and I am glad adverts like this have been consigned to the dustbin.

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • It was funny, but I feel guilty and uncomfortable with comedy like this now.

Votes: 31 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I take it from this response that you are a firm believer in wokism and the culture wars.

Would you post your best example of wokism and it's negative effect on society?

This is a genuine request as I am struggling to understand what it is that the 'anti- woke' are fighting against. FWIW I don't doubt that there are people out there who are offended by stuff. I am just struggling to understand their numbers and power over anything.
I hate the term woke, more like social justice/cultural marxism. It includes other factors as well, its to long to explain just search critique of social justice etc and find a utube. It does for example deposit black/white instead of Proletariat/ Bourgeoise the idea to create conflict between the 2 groups and they hope it will somehow turn into a revolution. Thats right its pushing race war. Given in a recent Rasmussen poll in the USA about 25% of blacks said it was not ok to be white and 18% of whites said black lives dont matter so they have the numbers to start a lot of shit. Its in part why Dillbert cartoonist was cancelled the other day Scott Adamson. Maybe check that as well.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
1677605658715.jpeg

1677605716297.jpeg

So I can't take my cup anymore when I clear up the mess tradesmen have left behind after flat refurbs? Or worse still when I'm painting one room whilst a tradesman is fitting a bathroom? Gutted... I like my cup, it makes me feel rebellious! :blush:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hate the term woke, more like social justice/cultural marxism. It includes other factors as well, its to long to explain just search critique of social justice etc and find a utube. It does for example deposit black/white instead of Proletariat/ Bourgeoise the idea to create conflict between the 2 groups and they hope it will somehow turn into a revolution. Thats right its pushing race war. Given in a recent Rasmussen poll in the USA about 25% of blacks said it was not ok to be white and 18% of whites said black lives dont matter so they have the numbers to start a lot of shit. Its in part why Dillbert cartoonist was cancelled the other day Scott Adamson. Maybe check that as well.

Interesting, I'll be honest though, this post has a number of red flags that indicate we may be venturing into conspiracy theory territory. Who are the 'they' that you refer to? You've also only really mentioned one side of the war, who is on the opposite side the the social justice/cultural Marxist people? I'm also not going to search for the YouTube videos that have lead you to your conclusion, if you want to post something I will consider it but I don't have time to search and hope I find the right content that will lead me to your opinion is ridiculous.

I would agree that it is all about division but you haven't really answered my question. I am starting to believe that the wokism (call it cultural Marxism/social justice if you must - I am not sure if they are the same or different, depends on one's definition I suppose) is not as prevalent as we are lead to believe. I also suspect that the effect of using terms like woke is that discussion is stifled.

So I ask for your best example of first hand wokism. I am interested to know if it is an actually thing that seriously effects society or a shadowy McCarthyism ghost that we are being asked to rage against.

I am guessing I am not going to get an example though, so I guess I will keep looking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
well Hamilton is defo having a moment....more petulant than outraged ...i don't think i used the word outraged but hey ho .....could be wrong.

Your reply indicated you did, but maybe I misunderstood. Sounds like we are agreed that no-one is outraged or offended about this old ad.

By extension accusations of wokery etc are wide of the mark. Just an old ad that some found funny and some didn't. Still the case by the looks and we are probably all in agreement that it wouldn't fly today.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So any movement or thought process you don't like, you're just lumping them altogether from zebra Tim to fat acceptance, to whatever else you don't like. And it's convenient to pretend it's one thing and call it all woke or whatever else.

They lump themselves together.

Are you that unaware?

Perhaps more people would take them seriously if they stepped away from that alphabet umbrella and didn't lump the reasonable groups with the utter whack jobs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They lump themselves together.

Are you that unaware?

Perhaps more people would take them seriously if they stepped away from that alphabet umbrella and didn't lump the reasonable groups with the utter whack jobs.
But a lot of the time, with some of the stuff you post - you’re the whack job!! :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
well Hamilton is defo having a moment....more petulant than outraged ...i don't think i used the word outraged but hey ho .....could be wrong.

I’ve just stumbled across this untagged rebuke.

I certainly didn’t realise I’d contributed to an avalanche of counter ‘outrage.’ I merely expressed another point of view. I guess that’s outrage now.

“I’m sorry. Did you come here for the 5 minute argument?”

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I certainly didn’t realise I’d contributed to an avalanche of counter ‘outrage.’ I merely expressed another point of view. I guess that’s outrage now.

Fear of alternate opinions has long been a stick to beat the woke left with. An accusation that can also be made to the anti- woke brigade.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i still have not used the word "outrage" :lolol: ffs.....:lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In a sense, maybe Yorkie was NOT for girls, because in my experience most women have a discerning palate when it comes to chocolate.

Yorkie was extremely poor quality, I'm guessing because of its low cocoa content but maybe it was to do with something else.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love how this thread has gone from a choccie bar advert to “they” are trying to start a race war.

There’s only one word for that, Keith; magic darts.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'll be honest though, this post has a number of red flags that indicate we may be venturing into conspiracy theory territory.
Indeed. The use of the term 'Cultural Marxism' to describe what is basically the modern form of 90's political correctness is always a red flag if you know the history of the term: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

When I studied Marx, I thought that one of the fair critiques from sociologists was that his work saw the world in purely economic terms and failed to account that people didn't define themselves only in terms of their relation to the means of production. Relationships of individuals with religion, culture, art, race, sexuality etc. were all expected to take second place to whether the individuals would line up with the proletariat or the bourgoisie.

None of the modern concern with the rights of minority groups has anything to do with Marx. The theorists of the Frankfurt school were, like all social theory since his writings, influenced by Marx's ideas, but they were also influenced by Hegel, by Freud etc. They weren't seeing the world though the lense of how the revolution will come and communism will be established. They were just as critical of the Soviet state as they were of capitalism.

The right wing conspiracists use the label because they like to think of anything they don't like as 1) organised by a (never identified) shadowy power group, and 2) having something to do with communism, because this makes it easy to dismiss the truth that ordinary indivduals can easily see for themselves that capitalism and the hegemony of the West serve the needs of some groups far better than those of some others.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed. The use of the term 'Cultural Marxism' to describe what is basically the modern form of 90's political correctness is always a red flag if you know the history of the term: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

When I studied Marx, I thought that one of the fair critiques from sociologists was that his work saw the world in purely economic terms and failed to account that people didn't define themselves only in terms of their relation to the means of production. Relationships of individuals with religion, culture, art, race, sexuality etc. were all expected to take second place to whether the individuals would line up with the proletariat or the bourgoisie.

None of the modern concern with the rights of minority groups has anything to do with Marx. The theorists of the Frankfurt school were, like all social theory since his writings, influenced by Marx ideas, but they were also influenced by Hegel, by Freud etc. They weren't seeing the world though the lense of how the revolution will come and communism will be established. They were just as critical of the Soviet state as they were of capitalism. The right wing conspiracists use the label because they like to think of anything they don't like as 1) organised by a (never identified) shadowy power group, and 2) having something to do with communism, because this makes it easy to dismiss the truth that ordinary indivduals can easily see for themselves that capitalism and the hegemony of the West serve the needs of some groups far better than those of some others.
Crawley’s post was clearly not his own work. The language used was not akin to other posts of his. He’s half remembered / half copied some gibberish he’s trawled off one of his deep clicking sessions on YouTube.

His grammar and punctuation are f***ing appalling too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here