Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] It’s not for girls…

Funny & Harmless or misogynistic ?

• Harmless & funny, I don’t feel guilty laughing & why should I, it’s just a laugh.

Votes: 115 69.7%
  • Not funny, it is sexist and I am glad adverts like this have been consigned to the dustbin.

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • It was funny, but I feel guilty and uncomfortable with comedy like this now.

Votes: 31 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Moving on to where?

Moved on from a pretend God to a bunch of new pretend things?

Tolerance should extend as far as you can believe what YOU like, just don't force others into believing it.

Isn't that how it should be? Or is tolerance to be enforced by the authoritarian types?
Tolerance is surely not about the you, it’s about the they. I don’t need to believe Tim needs to be considered a zebra, all I need to do is tolerate Tim and accept he’s either odd, troubled, or just having a windup. I don’t need to flip my desk over thinking Tim is generating a pretend God and an authoritarian state.

Workplaces have rules and policies. These evolve over time. You could climb a ladder with a risk assessment in the 70s, you can’t now.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We've been moving on for decades. You would have existed in the 70s saying the same thing about the Tim equivalent then. Oddballs have always existed. Tolerance is never a bad thing.
There’s a big difference between tolerance for reasonable behaviour and ridiculous behaviour . Not knowing whether you are female or male and wanting to be addressed in a non gender way is a serious mental health issue and these people need help not the general public pandering to their issues .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There’s a big difference between tolerance for reasonable behaviour and ridiculous behaviour . Not knowing whether you are female or male and wanting to be addressed in a non gender way is a serious mental health issue and these people need help not the general public pandering to their issues .

If the person is happy and functioning in other areas of life, what does it matter if they don't identify as male or female? Who cares?

I struggle to get my knickers in a twist over the bloke with zebra bollocks too.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe we could ask Sam Smith to do a Q & A on his instagram / Twitter to explain all this stuff to the 99.9% of the general population who just think it’s insane !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the person is happy and functioning in other areas of life, what does it matter if they don't identify as male or female? Who cares?

I struggle to get my knickers in a twist over the bloke with zebra bollocks too.
I know a number of people who asked to be addressed as 'they'. It takes some getting used to and I make mistakes sometimes but it really isn't any skin off my nose.

I just don't get why some people find it so difficult to respect others' choices and/or feeling.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe we could ask Sam Smith to do a Q & A on his instagram / Twitter to explain all this stuff to the 99.9% of the general population who just think it’s insane !
Or they could just do some googling, its really not that hard for them to find out what its all about.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tolerance is surely not about the you, it’s about the they. I don’t need to believe Tim needs to be considered a zebra, all I need to do is tolerate Tim and accept he’s either odd, troubled, or just having a windup. I don’t need to flip my desk over thinking Tim is generating a pretend God and an authoritarian state.

Workplaces have rules and policies. These evolve over time. You could climb a ladder with a risk assessment in the 70s, you can’t now.

Enabling isn't a healthy thing when people have issues. Normalising something so that they never seek the help they need because they think their behavior is normal is dangerous.

This is what woke culture is doing with obesity at present as an example.

Call out an unhealthy lifestyle and you're "fatphobic" according to those twits.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's like VAR, was there enough contact for a penalty, was there not. The difference between reasonable and ridiculous always has and always will be relatively fluid to our moral compass of the day. Those that cannot accept this fluidity are usually the ones with the issues.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Enabling isn't a healthy thing when people have issues. Normalising something so that they never seek the help they need because they think their behavior is normal is dangerous.

This is what woke culture is doing with obesity at present as an example.

Call out an unhealthy lifestyle and you're "fatphobic" according to those twits.
Worldwide obesity is on the rise, so whatever we've been doing before I'd suggest isn't necessarily the way forward.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Worldwide obesity is on the rise, so whatever we've been doing before I'd suggest isn't necessarily the way forward.

It's probably on the rise because the younger generations live far unhealthier lifestyles by being glued to their devices and gaming constantly.

Compare the active lifestyles of previous generations and no wonder it's on the rise.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I know a number of people who asked to be addressed as 'they'. It takes some getting used to and I make mistakes sometimes but it really isn't any skin off my nose.

I just don't get why some people find it so difficult to respect others' choices and/or feeling.
I don’t get offended as personally I couldn’t care less , it doesn’t make any difference to my life BUT I don’t think it’s good for society to indulge such stupidity .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quite. Not sure who would think that fat-shaming people would have any positive effect.

Other 'woke' studies are available but they all show the same thing.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It's like VAR, was there enough contact for a penalty, was there not. The difference between reasonable and ridiculous always has and always will be relatively fluid to our moral compass of the day. Those that cannot accept this fluidity are usually the ones with the issues.
Fluidity doesn’t mean anyone can say or do anything they want and everyone has to go along with it and accept it as perfectly normal .

We have to draw a line somewhere and say that’s fine if you want to behave like that ( ie loonytunes ) but don’t expect people to change their behaviour to accommodate you .

There has to be acceptable standards of behaviour in a civilised society not a free for all .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Can't we all just agree to go back to the 50s when everything was less confusing?
I’d be happy with just a short hop back to the 80’s where weird people still existed but society was not pressured into making changes to validate their weirdness ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here