Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Perhaps the only way to stop these brutal killings of aid workers, journos etc is to keep them all away. Perhaps the West should keep out of it completely.

For various reasons 'The West' will stay over there.
I was offered £1000 per day to work in Iraq a couple of years ago by a Sub-Contractor to an Oil Company.
£30K for 30 days work, Business Class Flights etc.
I turned it down but some other people in my line of work who I personally know went......

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It is all such a tragic state of affairs. Much of ISIS who are in their early 20's now were children when the violence all began, before they got indoctrinated into this despicable ideology - war, murder, violence is all they have ever known. Violence breeds violence, evil breeds evil.

I don't know how this is all going to end - I can only see this getting worse as more children grow up in that terrible place, many as orphans, and inevitably become indoctrinated. **** you Tony Blair for making our country contribute to this.

RIP Jordanian pilot and all the other victims of this evil cult.

So the English Murderer beheading people including the innocent taxi driver who was only there to help, is a victim of violence in the middle east?
Bull!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
For various reasons 'The West' will stay over there.
I was offered £1000 per day to work in Iraq a couple of years ago by a Sub-Contractor to an Oil Company.
£30K for 30 days work, Business Class Flights etc.
I turned it down but some other people in my line of work who I personally know went......

I meant the aid workers and journos really. If workers go over then they know the risks. By saying The West, i meant troops and military action, as the involvement before has been slated by most and deemed unhelpful. By keeping away perhaps the problems of fighting each other, their own basically, can be sorted out by the countries/governments involved in those countries. I doubt it but let them have a go at peace in the Middle East and surrounding countries.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Absolutely correct.....not all Germans were bad people.

However, because they failed to challenge Hitlers 'brownshirts' when their numbers were relatively small, it culminated in over 60 million people losing their lives in the 2nd World War.

Quite. History rightly accuses the Allies of arrogance and appeasement in failing to prevent WWII. However the German population also failed to challenge the brown shirts before they gained complete momentum, despite them being a more clearly identifiable body and largely only exerting influence within Germany. They were allowed to reach the point where intimidation and indoctrination made a domestic challenge less possible. Then compounded by international appeasement.

I would suggest that outside of the MIddle East ISIS is (currently) a more fragmented 'virus' benefitting from internet and media coverage to a) inspire like minded individuals and small cells of fanatics and b) seek to intimidate others, all on a world wide basis. I'm sure that security services across the world are doing their best to identify potential ISIS cells but they seem to be thriving because it gives those feeling marginalised but under the radar a comparatively easy way to die for their so called 'cause' - and take a few innocent punters with them.

It needs an unflinching 'challenge' from the international community otherwise ISIS may well fester for years. ISIS would love to polarise opinions in a Muslim v Christian war. It is interesting that an Islamic state like Jordan might respond by executing ISIS prisoners - will that be enough to challenge ISIS, I'm not sure? ISIS don't seem too fussed about killing Muslims.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I meant the aid workers and journos really. If workers go over then they know the risks. By saying The West, i meant troops and military action, as the involvement before has been slated by most and deemed unhelpful. By keeping away perhaps the problems of fighting each other, their own basically, can be sorted out by the countries/governments involved in those countries. I doubt it but let them have a go at peace in the Middle East and surrounding countries.

Yes but ain't going to happen is it because of the aforementioned Oil?
Perhaps 'The West' needs to be a little less precious about Fracking or dare I say Nuclear Energy and we could kiss the Middle East goodbye properly....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes but ain't going to happen is it because of the aforementioned Oil?
Perhaps 'The West' needs to be a little less precious about Fracking or dare I say Nuclear Energy and we could kiss the Middle East goodbye properly....

Could be a plan.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I managed only 2 pages of this thread before I became totally embarrassed by supposed intelligent fellow Brighton supporters. 95% or thereabouts of the victims of this maniacal cult are Muslim, how people can blame Islam for this just shows ignorance of the highest order, Christians are responsible for a huge number of deaths and murders historically, recently and will be in the future, are those any less disgusting?
Some people seem to think not.
Religion has a higher death rate than just about anything that culls humanity. It's not exclusively Muslims, it's humans that carry out these vile acts and as Christians you need to look at yourselves before condemning Islam. I am Catholic by the way. Was. Now I don't prescribe to any bulls hit indoctrination because I can't believe in the acts carried out in the name of God. ? Meh, pah!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Quite. History rightly accuses the Allies of arrogance and appeasement in failing to prevent WWII. However the German population also failed to challenge the brown shirts before they gained complete momentum, despite them being a more clearly identifiable body and largely only exerting influence within Germany. They were allowed to reach the point where intimidation and indoctrination made a domestic challenge less possible. Then compounded by international appeasement.

I would suggest that outside of the MIddle East ISIS is (currently) a more fragmented 'virus' benefitting from internet and media coverage to a) inspire like minded individuals and small cells of fanatics and b) seek to intimidate others, all on a world wide basis. I'm sure that security services across the world are doing their best to identify potential ISIS cells but they seem to be thriving because it gives those feeling marginalised but under the radar a comparatively easy way to die for their so called 'cause' - and take a few innocent punters with them.

It needs an unflinching 'challenge' from the international community otherwise ISIS may well fester for years. ISIS would love to polarise opinions in a Muslim v Christian war. It is interesting that an Islamic state like Jordan might respond by executing ISIS prisoners - will that be enough to challenge ISIS, I'm not sure? ISIS don't seem too fussed about killing Muslims.

Why do so many people feel the root cause is young Muslims being marginalised ...?

The overwhelming majority of the IS are NOT from Europe. They come from their own miserable and backward countries. They like their Sharia law because it leaves the men in control and their women as 2nd class citizens. They don't want education....that would spell their eventual downfall.

As for creating a Muslim v Christian war as you have stated, you do realise that it is one group of savage muslims (Sunnis) against another group of savage muslims (Shia)....? Sweet FA to do with Christianity.........(and I don't have much time for them either).

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
View attachment 62717

Christianity - Religion of Peace.

Or google about the Anti-Balaka, a 'Christian' militia, I can't post any of the google images that came up when I searched them as they are too horrible, so please look yourself.

No one on here (including you I presume) thinks the KKK, the Westboro Baptist Church or those in the Central African Republic represent Christians so you shouldn't think the same about ISIL and Muslims.

I went to a Mosque at the weekend in Birmingham, and met the Imam, he said to me 'tell the people we are not IS, get them to come to the Mosque and see the peaceful people we are'.

ISIL are not representative of Islam.

yet they ARE all muslims

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Barbaric...Horrifying... More Horrifying than beheading..What or where next...I`m normally of the opinion keep out of other countries Politics/Problems.....Sadly I believe only time before we have another Lee Rigby,Charlie Hebdo type Atrocity here....
....and Mustafa will continue to heap the blame on the west...... whilst neatly forgetting that Islam has been decapitating, dismembering and stoning for as long as that religion has existed....... they want to remain in the middle ages, and they want to drag us back there with them.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'm sure I read recently that the Jordanian Government threatened to kill every ISIS prisoner it had if they harmed the pilot.

I do hope they go through with it, slowly.

The problem with this is that the ****ers WANT to die a martyr.

This is why they are going to be such a difficult opponent to beat, they've been brainwashed so completely.

If your enemy is not scared to die, how on earth can you instill fear into them?

And if you kill them, it redoubles the amount of Muslims who will see them as martyrs and sign up for jihad.

Every conflict has a potential solution I thought.

But I can't see any hope of one here.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
The problem with this is that the ****ers WANT to die a martyr.

This is why they are going to be such a difficult opponent to beat, they've been brainwashed so completely.

If your enemy is not scared to die, how on earth can you instill fear into them?

And if you kill them, it redoubles the amount of Muslims who will see them as martyrs and sign up for jihad.

Every conflict has a potential solution I thought.

But I can't see any hope of one here.

We'd have to use something other than violence and at the same time, somehow de-brainwash them.

Well, i'm stumped...

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
whilst neatly forgetting that Islam has been decapitating, dismembering and stoning for as long as that religion has existed....... they want to remain in the middle ages, and they want to drag us back there with them.

Lovely bigotry, 8 out of 10.

Some first class prejudicing there - tarring a quarter of the world's population with one brush.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
I'm sure I read recently that the Jordanian Government threatened to kill every ISIS prisoner it had if they harmed the pilot.

I do hope they go through with it, slowly.

nah.......just behead them with their hands tied behind their backs ...kneeling.....it is done in saudi for run of the mill criminals.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
what they have done is designed to scare their own people against acting against them........pure terrorism....meet fire with fire , wipe them out.....!!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Before declaring we have nothing to fear from Islam, might I suggest those who claim it's only the radicals and not peace loving Muslims to be concerned about, understand this, wherever Islam holds court there are only radicals or 'silent ones.

Most importantly to those that really want insight into the issue, take a couple of minutes to read 'The River War'. In Wilkepedia it was written by Winston Churchill in [/B]1899.[/B] Those of you who support and are sympathetic of the Islamist faith might understand why governments around the world are frankly scared Sh**less.

image.jpg
Iran 1976
image.jpg
Iran 2005

image.jpg

Amsterdam 1998
image.jpg
image.jpg
Amsterdam 2011

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here