Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You have to be fairly ignorant to say they are all the same.....

He didn't say they were all the same.

However, I do agree with you, that they are not all the same. Some....are definitely worse than others.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
At the weekend it seemed that IS were using this pilot as a political pawn in order to drive a wedge between the Jordanian government and its people.

Any 'progress' that they made with that tactic has gone completely now. What sort of people can stand by and watch a human being burn to death, its totally barbaric

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At the weekend it seemed that IS were using this pilot as a political pawn in order to drive a wedge between the Jordanian government and its people.

Any 'progress' that they made with that tactic has gone completely now. What sort of people can stand by and watch a human being burn to death, its totally barbaric

ISIS actually made the wrong move by murdering him so soon. I suspect had he been swapped then the appetite in Jordan to continue air strikes must have been much less. Instead there will be calls for revenge now.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Apparently 5 ISIS prisoners have now been moved to a prison Jordan usually uses for executions. I'm not a supporter of execution but in this case I don't blame the Jordanians at all. My only concern is that it will make the terrorists martyrs.[/QUOTE

Let them all be martyrs,"Dead terrorists can terrorise no more"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They're terrorists - they go out of their way to shock and to terrorise.

Unless you're talking about Muslims in general. Note that Turkey abolished the death penalty decades ago, unlike the USA who still electrocute people to death. Also note that Turkey has more progressive animal rights than most of South America - and yes, they're Muslim.

Your confusion lies because you apparently struggle to differentiate between terrorist Muslims, and regular Muslims. In regards to "halal" - many countries have shameful relics of the past when it comes to animal abuse, from fox hunting to bull fighting - which is arguably worse than slitting an animals throat for food.

This is a geopolitical conflict led by the most despicable terrorist group in the modern era - it is ignorant (and quite disgusting) to suggest that it in any way represents the general Muslim population.

tauting kicking and stabbing many times on defencless animals, thats where it starts
please do not get me started on how muslim states treat their animals, this mind set flows over to how some treat other humans
animals, woman, children, and anyone who disagrees with their idiology.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It is all such a tragic state of affairs. Much of ISIS who are in their early 20's now were children when the violence all began, before they got indoctrinated into this despicable ideology - war, murder, violence is all they have ever known. Violence breeds violence, evil breeds evil.

I don't know how this is all going to end - I can only see this getting worse as more children grow up in that terrible place, many as orphans, and inevitably become indoctrinated. **** you Tony Blair for making our country contribute to this.

RIP Jordanian pilot and all the other victims of this evil cult.

I agree with that. The hard core of them would have been children and teenagers who witnessed their families being killed during the Iraq war.

Psychologically I can understand the native born IS being mental, but it is harder to make sense of the ones who go out there to fight.

His killing is not very well thought out though, and he was more valuable to their campaign being kept alive.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A horrific tragedy for the hostage pilot but sadly ISIS are playing the sort of game that many opposing sides have done throughout history. Make examples of captured enemy personnel.

However ISIS now have the benefit of the internet to broadcast such images worldwide and challenge the commitment of their opponents. Some Jordanians are already asking questions why they got involved in the US led airstrikes.

Allied bomber crews during the latter part of WWII were demonised as 'terror fliers' by the Nazis for inflicting huge numbers of civilian casualties on the German population. A number of crew members were lynched by the public or just summarily executed by the Nazis if they crashed behind enemy lines close to where bombing had occurred. It suited the Nazis to make propaganda of this in an attempt to undermine the morale of Allied air crews.

Not all Germans were bad people just as not all Muslims are bad now. It doesn't make it right - it is just cynical manipulation of propaganda by a minority of bad guys.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think that is more an animal rights issue rather than a religious one.

They are supposed to be attempting a religious kill, so that Muslims can consume meat that has been killed according to their religious beliefs. It's a strange religion that will still eat the meat that has been so badly treated during the kill.
Because of the demand for Halal meat from the minority Muslim community most of the Lamb and Beef is killed this way. No wonder it's so expensive. Get your own back, eat more pork.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They are supposed to be attempting a religious kill, so that Muslims can consume meat that has been killed according to their religious beliefs. It's a strange religion that will still eat the meat that has been so badly treated during the kill.
Because of the demand for Halal meat from the minority Muslim community most of the Lamb and Beef is killed this way. No wonder it's so expensive. Get your own back, eat more pork.

or stop eating meat at all
I started a few weeks ago ...............................but gone back to being a veggie (its difficult to get organic meat without getting a bank loan)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I bet the Daily Mail couldn't wait to tell us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
ISIS actually made the wrong move by murdering him so soon. I suspect had he been swapped then the appetite in Jordan to continue air strikes must have been much less. Instead there will be calls for revenge now.

Wrong there are now majority calls by the public and tribal leaders to pull out of the coalition led by the Americans.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good point.

I can't help but argue against this kind of thing - because that kind of reaction is exactly what ISIS want.

They burned him alive for us to see, to shock us, for us to fear and marginalise the millions of Muslims that live here in Europe. It is their recruitment strategy, and it's tragic that so many fall for it.
So we should ignore what is happening and they'll go away? That sounds easy. I'll stop watching the news, listening to the radio and reading newspapers.

Perhaps they could give us a warning on the ten o'clock news about isis stories, like they do for the football results.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

These are not Halal pigs, shirley?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Good point.

I can't help but argue against this kind of thing - because that kind of reaction is exactly what ISIS want.

They burned him alive for us to see, to shock us, for us to fear and marginalise the millions of Muslims that live here in Europe. It is their recruitment strategy, and it's tragic that so many fall for it.

Best reaction I could think of would be to exterminate the vermin responsible for these actions

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I've got a feeling that if they ever catch this Jihad John the clumsy old sod will be falling down a fair few flights of stairs and walking into lots of cupboards before he gets to see a courtroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here