Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which part of the Armed Forces does Trump control or have the ability to manipulate to overthrow the US Government?

You do realise this is how that other fella went about it yes?
I’m not coming down on either side of this argument but to answer your question;

All of it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which part of the Armed Forces does Trump control or have the ability to manipulate to overthrow the US Government?

You do realise this is how that other fella went about it yes?
all of them. Commander in Chief mean anything? this is how the US runs overseas military operations without formal declaration of war or approval from Congress, President can command it and as long as stay within budget, Congress cant stop it.

now the actual question is how many of the armed forces would take part in a coup, which is what taking over government would amount to. probably a lot in National Guards might be up for it, main army not so much. more to the point, articles like Huff Post one are rather hysterical as not much domestic power resides with the President, its with Congress, Judicary and states legislatures and courts.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You do realise he's already had his supporters take part in an armed insurrection?

Oh yes sorry, I forgot that a few hundred people would be able to overthrow the most powerful military in the world, ooops!

How silly of us all not to be terrified.

Like I said to the other halfwit, you're not arguing with me, I just provided a link to where this is being said by an expert on US Presidential history with a Masters from Harvard. Rather than, say, a youtuber :lolol:

When you say expert you mean paid for by MSNBC, the Dems equivalent of Fox.

If we're to trash one side of the aisle for their lies and trying to whip people up into a hysteria then the other side needs to be trashed too with their tactics.

Rachael Maddow a perfect case in point.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’m not coming down on either side of this argument but to answer your question;

All of it.

He doesn't though in the sense some want to suggest.

There's a lot of checks and balances that go into military actions.

If he orders the Army to arrest all the Democrats it won't happen. Anyone who thinks it would is on the Kool Aid.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He doesn't though in the sense some want to suggest.

There's a lot of checks and balances that go into military actions.

If he orders the Army to arrest all the Democrats it won't happen. Anyone who thinks it would is on the Kool Aid.
As I said, just answering the question you posed.

I happen to agree with you. Trump cannot and would not attempt a military takeover in order to overthrow democracy.

In fact, I think Trump sees it all as a bit of a game and knows exactly what his limits and boundaries are and enjoys taking them to their limits and scaring people.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
all of them. Commander in Chief mean anything? this is how the US runs overseas military operations without formal declaration of war or approval from Congress, President can command it and as long as stay within budget, Congress cant stop it.

now the actual question is how many of the armed forces would take part in a coup, which is what taking over government would amount to. probably a lot in National Guards might be up for it, main army not so much. more to the point, articles like Huff Post one are rather hysterical as not much domestic power resides with the President, its with Congress, Judicary and states legislatures and courts.

Congress can stop it if the War Powers Resolution is upheld.

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. ch. 33) is a federal law intended to check the U.S. president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress. The resolution was adopted in the form of a United States congressional joint resolution. It provides that the president can send the U.S. Armed Forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization", or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces".

And you are correct. Internally the President doesn't hold a lot of power to undertake such a huge orchestrated campaign.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes thats what I am saying. Unless you have evidence they are pathological liars or you are claiming you know them better than they know themselves and implicit is that you are automatically assuming the worst of people who do not share your views.

Any justification of this perspective reveals you to be a nasty and arrogant person.

Trumps policies are no different to any Conservative leader, its his bombastic rhetoric and biased media you are falling for.

What Trump decides to call himself is besides the point. We have to judge by his words and actions, some of which have strayed towards fascism. I'm not saying he's Mussolini but he's dipping his toes in the waters.

I'm not falling for anything. His rhetoric is obviously a key indicator and things he has said ring alarm bells. Media elites, rigged elections, "lock her up", "I am your warrior", even the slogan that started it all, "Make America Great Again". Then there's the empathising with neo-Nazis and promising to ban all Muslims from entering the country.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
:lolol:

The article basically quotes Michael Beschloss non stop. The guy has a masters degree, studied at Harvard and has written seven well respected books on the US presidency.

Meanwhile, you're some clueless fkwit on the internet called "Crawley Dingo" :lolol:

Thats called the appeal to authority fallacy, yea clueless.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
What Trump decides to call himself is besides the point. We have to judge by his words and actions, some of which have strayed towards fascism. I'm not saying he's Mussolini but he's dipping his toes in the waters.

I'm not falling for anything. His rhetoric is obviously a key indicator and things he has said ring alarm bells. Media elites, rigged elections, "lock her up", "I am your warrior", even the slogan that started it all, "Make America Great Again". Then there's the empathising with neo-Nazis and promising to ban all Muslims from entering the country.

Last to points are fake news, and yes media elites are biased and fake news.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Back on topic.

Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?​

I doubt it will in our up coming election, a good dose of Labour being woke may change that the following one.

But given the political chaos at the moment who knows for sure?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't remember so many having an issue with people demonising political opponents when Corbyn was leader of labour.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As I said, just answering the question you posed.

I happen to agree with you. Trump cannot and would not attempt a military takeover in order to overthrow democracy.

In fact, I think Trump sees it all as a bit of a game and knows exactly what his limits and boundaries are and enjoys taking them to their limits and scaring people.
You are being endlessly patient.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh yes sorry, I forgot that a few hundred people would be able to overthrow the most powerful military in the world, ooops!

How silly of us all not to be terrified.

When you say expert you mean paid for by MSNBC, the Dems equivalent of Fox.

If we're to trash one side of the aisle for their lies and trying to whip people up into a hysteria then the other side needs to be trashed too with their tactics.

Rachael Maddow a perfect case in point.
Everyone's got an agenda. Not everyone has a Masters from Harvard and several published books.

The person giving you a thumbs up for this, for example, doesn't know the difference between 'to' and 'two'. First grade stuff.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Last to points are fake news, and yes media elites are biased and fake news.

Point 1: Did he denounce the Proud Boys? Rittenhouse? Then there's the issue of Bannon and Stephen Miller.

Point 2: He called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on." That's a direct quote.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thats called the appeal to authority fallacy, yea clueless.
The appeal to authority fallacy requires states that the authority appealed to, is not be an expert in the field being discussed. Clearly this is not the case here.

You have confused appeal to authority and believing an expert over some berk on the internet.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Everyone's got an agenda. Not everyone has a Masters from Harvard and several published books.

The person giving you a thumbs up for this, for example, doesn't know the difference between 'to' and 'two'. First grade stuff.

Like you said, he has books.

Books he wants to sell so will gladly go on the Democrats version of Fox to shill his views.

Having a Master's doesn't preclude you from holding biases.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Point 1: Did he denounce the Proud Boys? Rittenhouse? Then there's the issue of Bannon and Stephen Miller.

Point 2: He called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on." That's a direct quote.

Proud boys? why should he denounce a group he is not connected to? Rittenhouse was innocent, the complete video was available a week after it happened. Bannon? Miller? what?

direct quote? Link?

You are rambling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here