[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Obvious troll is so obvious.
Your short question is ignored. My long question rattled him ???

One of the shittiest, most amateurish twits I have ever seen on NSC.

And the bad grammar and that. Rude. Simply rude.
240+ posts since March last year. 90% of them all trolling political threads.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Tory’s need to keep the woke fires stoked. It’s their camouflage.

They need to convince the electorate that the country is lurching violently to the left. To woke-ism. To namby-pamby men who want to be women, gender-less toilets, greedy public service workers, and hordes of murderous, transgender, Albanian refugees who dare to own a mobile phone.

When in fact Britain has been steadily veering to an intolerant and nasty version of right wing politics for the last thirteen years and is being used as a tax haven and financial free-for-all for Tory’s and big corporate who don’t have to answer to anyone, especially not the ghastly British electorate.

Dig a ditch, plough the fuckers in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not a violent person, but I feel so angry about this woman, if I ever met her, I would really have to control myself.
£3 a week. Three measly pounds a week, from an MP who gets subsidised meals in Westminster.

In his ruling, Mr Justice Swift found that the home secretary broke the law in withholding payments of £3 a week to provide healthy food for children aged one to three and to pregnant women.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I am not a violent person, but I feel so angry about this woman, if I ever met her, I would really have to control myself.
£3 a week. Three measly pounds a week, from an MP who gets subsidised meals in Westminster.

In his ruling, Mr Justice Swift found that the home secretary broke the law in withholding payments of £3 a week to provide healthy food for children aged one to three and to pregnant women.

She's barely human - get rid asap.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Just when you thought Johnson couldn't do any worse than Priti Patel as Home Secretary, Sunak turns up with a 'hold my pint'.

I really struggle to think of a more nasty, vindictive, evil little **** who has ever been in the role.

I'm off to get my spade and help @The Clamp dig that f***ing ditch :rant:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Right, here’s my view. Using “wokeism” by the Tories as an election platform is a smokescreen to appeal to their key demographic. Nothing groundbreaking there and so far I imagine we are all in agreement. It’s an angle of attack because frankly they don’t have much else to offer.

My problem comes with the blanket writing off of people’s views on issues when we, personally, don’t share their specific situation and live in a different environment to them.

For example, it’s very easy to be sniffy about matters of immigration, writing off people from towns like Dover, and many under-funded (and largely ignored by Westminster) northern towns. I regularly see comments on here implying their views are somehow worth less than us enlightened folk. It reeks of small-mindedness.

A lot of people are working in a different part of the country with different types of priorities and economic pressures, which are entirely unrelated to any experience we personally have.

The key is to listen to what people are saying, not writing them off as bigoted, ignorant or uneducated just because their concerns - which impact their daily lives, jobs, homes, prospects - are so alien to us that they must be the outlier.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Right, here’s my view. Using “wokeism” by the Tories as an election platform is a smokescreen to appeal to their key demographic. Nothing groundbreaking there and so far I imagine we are all in agreement. It’s an angle of attack because frankly they don’t have much else to offer.

My problem comes with the blanket writing off of people’s views on issues when we, personally, don’t share their specific situation and live in a different environment to them.

For example, it’s very easy to be sniffy about matters of immigration, writing off people from towns like Dover, and many under-funded (and largely ignored by Westminster) northern towns. I regularly see comments on here implying their views are somehow worth less than us enlightened folk. It reeks of small-mindedness.

A lot of people are working in a different part of the country with different types of priorities and economic pressures, which are entirely unrelated to any experience we personally have.

The key is to listen to what people are saying, not writing them off as bigoted, ignorant or uneducated just because their concerns - which impact their daily lives, jobs, homes, prospects - are so alien to us that they must be the outlier.
Yeah, but she's still an obnoxious waste of oxygen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

By and large I work on the basis that while I disagree with most Tories on almost anything, I can at least understand their motivations and how they might think (even if I think they’re seriously misguided) what they’re doing is about making thinks better for people.

But not her. I hesitate to use the word but she comes across as genuinely evil. Vindictive, spiteful and likely a psychopath. Denying children and pregnant women money for proper food is unutterably callous. She has absolutely no redeeming features as a politician or even as a human in my eyes, she is truly the absolute worst Britain has to offer. Quite probably the worst person to ever hold high political office in this country.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm sorry, but let's take this one matter that people can be 'sniffy' about, immigration. People who were worried about immigration were told not to vote for Brexit as it would increase immigration. As you rightly say people from towns like Dover to under-funded and largely ignored by Westminster (I completely agree) northern towns were then all convinced by those stalwarts of protecting the northern working classes, Johnson, Farage, JRM etc and their financial backers that if they then voted for Brexit immigration was the basis of all their woes and everything would improve. Since 2016 Immigration has steadily increased to it's now record levels.

Maybe we should look at the other aspect that people included under 'immigration', asylum seekers. Since 2016 all legal efficient methods of processing asylum seekers have been closed forcing thousands to take the channel crossing route. We now have a complete explosion of asylum seekers crossing the channel as all previous methods of claiming asylum have been closed, and this is entirely deliberate. So now we have an asylum system collapsing under numbers, having to house people for up to two years whilst their claims are processed. Don't be surprised if criminals then take advantage of this planned f*** up to smuggle criminals into Britain and make money out of the desperate. When such huge numbers are arriving (by design, don't forget) who knows which is which.

Now I always try and avoid calling people stupid as I don't think insults get anywhere, but maybe you can see why I'm struggling a little with a summary. And it's not sniffy in the least, it's simply very real and completely factual and entirely predictable:shrug:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By and large I work on the basis that while I disagree with most Tories on almost anything, I can at least understand their motivations and how they might think (even if I think they’re seriously misguided) what they’re doing is about making thinks better for people.

But not her. I hesitate to use the word but she comes across as genuinely evil. Vindictive, spiteful and likely a psychopath. Denying children and pregnant women money for proper food is unutterably callous. She has absolutely no redeeming features as a politician or even as a human in my eyes, she is truly the absolute worst Britain has to offer. Quite probably the worst person to ever hold high political office in this country.
It’s the second time she has be found breaking the law, but still not sacked or forced to resign.

• Angry
Reactions: A1X

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm sorry, but let's take this one matter that people can be 'sniffy' about, immigration. People who were worried about immigration were told not to vote for Brexit as it would increase immigration. As you rightly say people from towns like Dover to under-funded and largely ignored by Westminster (I completely agree) northern towns were then all convinced by those stalwarts of protecting the northern working classes, Johnson, Farage, JRM etc and their financial backers that if they then voted for Brexit immigration was the basis of all their woes and everything would improve. Since 2016 Immigration has steadily increased to it's now record levels.

Maybe we should look at the other aspect that people include under 'immigration', asylum seekers. Since 2016 all legal efficient methods of processing asylum seekers have been closed forcing thousands to take the channel crossing route. We now have a complete explosion of asylum seekers crossing the channel as all previous methods of claiming asylum have been closed, and this is entirely deliberate. So now we have an asylum system collapsing under numbers, having to house people for up to two years whilst their claims are processed. Don't be surprised if criminals then take advantage of this planned f*** up to smuggle criminals into Britain and make money out of the desperate. When such huge numbers are arriving (by design, don't forget) who knows which is which.

Now I always try and avoid calling people stupid as I don't think insults get anywhere, but maybe you can see why I'm struggling a little with a summary :shrug:
Right, but the reason people were disillusioned was because of the existing situation at the time, which is why those who voted Brexit for reasons of controlling immigration did so in the first place. They were duped, of course, but they were voting for an option which appeared to address their situation more than the alternatives.

As we’ve seen - using your Brexit example - and I’ll add to that the then-rise of UKIP - people will vote for a party who is at least pretending to listen to them.

If a party outright ignores a very large, but quiet number of people - people living ordinary lives in unglamorous places, who aren’t protesting or ranting and raving on social media - they are doomed to fail. Because these people have a vote too. And when ignored go to dangerous extremes - like Brexit, UKIP or worse.

Taking Corbyn’s campaign, and an overall complacent attitude generally starting from Brown (remember “ignorant woman”?) - it’s easy to get lazy right from the seat of power to erm, here, so whack everyone who thinks differently in the same bracket.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
If you look at Umberto Eco's fascist checklist, Trump ticks a lot of boxes. Jokingly calling someone a gammon or earnestly calling out transphobia isn't comparable.

If you want to know what a facist is then ask one. If you wanted to know what a jew is you wouldn't ask a muslim you would ask a jew and visa versa, your whole approach is misconceived.

They are non-consensual derogatory labels, very comparable.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'd pay good money to see you give Sue Ellen the dry slap she deserves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you want to know what a facist is then ask one. If you wanted to know what a jew is you wouldn't ask a muslim you would ask a jew and visa versa, your whole approach is misconceived.

They are non-consensual derogatory labels, very comparable.
Your typing has improved. I'm guessing you do nightshifts and are therefore, presently, sober.

So, what I'd like to know is this. What is a pillock?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports