Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
The appeal to authority fallacy requires states that the authority appealed to, is not be an expert in the field being discussed. Clearly this is not the case here.

You have confused appeal to authority and believing an expert over some berk on the internet.

Thats not true, stop trying to get your facts from wikipedia.

The appeal to authority fallacy is the logical fallacy of saying a claim is true simply because an authority figure made it. This authority figure could be anyone: an instructor, a politician, a well-known academic, an author, or even an individual with experience related to the claim’s subject.

"Political experts", yea OK fool.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

The appeal to authority fallacy is the logical fallacy of saying a claim is true simply because an authority figure made it. This authority figure could be anyone: an instructor, a politician, a well-known academic, an author, or even an individual with experience related to the claim’s subject.

You are a bit silly, but do crack on. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your punctuation and syntax are better this evening. However you'd be better served with a semicolon after true and before stop.

That said....you seem to be grasping for rather small spades to dig yourself out of your hole of folly ???

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Proud boys? why should he denounce a group he is not connected to? Rittenhouse was innocent, the complete video was available a week after it happened. Bannon? Miller? what?

direct quote? Link?

You are rambling.

Muslim ban- https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...omise/1401/establish-ban-muslims-entering-us/

Rittenhouse- Not guilty perhaps but I wouldn't saying driving to an anti-racism protest and shooting people with an assault rifle are the actions of "a nice young man"

Proud Boys- Shouldn't be hard to condemn a far right neo-fascist group when asked to do so but Trump didn't want to alienate possible supporters. "Stand back and stand by" was a weird comment.

Bannon- Do I really need to elaborate? He has links to far-right figures arounds the world.

Miller- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ller-white-nationalist-trump-immigration-guru

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Have you even read the link you've shared?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Yeah I found that one too. You have to trawl through many links that state what I said to find it but well done.

But let's use your link to investigate the appeal to authority fallacy.

If you read your link carefully you should find that it doesn't cover the post you quoted.

Feel free to explain why the post you quoted didn't 'use an expert’s statement in a way that isn’t logically sound.' (as quoted from your link).

Referencing, quoting or posting information from an expert doesn't constitute the appeal to authority fallacy.

Read your own link to find out what else is required. Hint: I told you in the last post of the most common way.

Ironically, it appears that you have used this reference illogically and clearly have fallen foul of your own appeal to authority fallacy.

It's going well though, keep at it.🤣

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Surely providing a link to support your definition of an appeal to authority fallacy is itself, by that definition, an example of that fallacy?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Muslim ban- https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...omise/1401/establish-ban-muslims-entering-us/

Rittenhouse- Not guilty perhaps but I wouldn't saying driving to an anti-racism protest and shooting people with an assault rifle are the actions of "a nice young man"

Proud Boys- Shouldn't be hard to condemn a far right neo-fascist group when asked to do so but Trump didn't want to alienate possible supporters. "Stand back and stand by" was a weird comment.

Bannon- Do I really need to elaborate? He has links to far-right figures arounds the world.

Miller- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ller-white-nationalist-trump-immigration-guru
Maybe you should read the links you post.

That version restricted the entry of nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea and Venezuela.

"Rittenhouse- Not guilty perhaps but I wouldn't saying driving to an anti-racism protest and shooting people with an assault rifle are the actions of "a nice young man""

He was driven there as a first aider, he was asked to defend a store and given the rifle, he was pursued by antifa types who got what for.

"
"Bannon- Do I really need to elaborate? He has links to far-right figures arounds the world."

Such as?

Followed the Guardian link, the best they can do is,

"The senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller promoted racist fears of demographic replacement of white people by non-whites.."

A racist conspiracy theory or something the left celebrates? Oh please!

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Yeah I found that one too. You have to trawl through many links that state what I said to find it but well done.

Well no, your claim was the main wiki-frame, that one was the first link. Not that anyone informed needs it, its a way to deflect from the issues debated.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well no, your claim was the main wiki-frame, that one was the first link. Not that anyone informed needs it, its a way to deflect from the issues debated.

Like I said there were a few links including your own that suggested the main slip of logical in the appeal to authority fallacy is an expert in X talking about y (as stated in your link). There are other laspes of logic that can consitie the fallacy (against a mentioned in your link).

So now we have that cleared up, I'll ask a second time which lapse of logic did the original posted article fall into for you to describe it as the appeal to authority fallacy?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Like I said there were a few links including your own that suggested the main slip of logical in the appeal to authority fallacy is an expert in X talking about y (as stated in your link). There are other laspes of logic that can consitie the fallacy (against a mentioned in your link).

So now we have that cleared up, I'll ask a second time which lapse of logic did the original posted article fall into for you to describe it as the appeal to authority fallacy?

It wasn't an article it was a claim made by another poster, try following the conversation.
What does Consitie mean? Have you been drinking?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe you should read the links you post.

That version restricted the entry of nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea and Venezuela.

"Rittenhouse- Not guilty perhaps but I wouldn't saying driving to an anti-racism protest and shooting people with an assault rifle are the actions of "a nice young man""

He was driven there as a first aider, he was asked to defend a store and given the rifle, he was pursued by antifa types who got what for.

"
"Bannon- Do I really need to elaborate? He has links to far-right figures arounds the world."

Such as?

Followed the Guardian link, the best they can do is,

"The senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller promoted racist fears of demographic replacement of white people by non-whites.."

A racist conspiracy theory or something the left celebrates? Oh please!

The Trump quote was in the link I shared. Here's another containing the same quote https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...utdown-of-muslims-entering-the-united-states/

A bit more on Miller: The Atlantic

Bannon: Marine Le Pen for a start. And he's said to be quite the fan of Aleksandr Dugin, who he claims to have met (Link)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you need it a third
It wasn't an article it was a claim made by another poster, try following the conversation.
What does Consitie mean? Have you been drinking?
Tricky question to answer eh? 🤣

Do I need to ask it a third time?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Do you need it a third
Tricky question to answer eh? 🤣

Do I need to ask it a third time?
I'd give up if I were you. Arguing with this idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even after you beat him he'll just knock the pieces over, shit all over the board and then just strut around like he won anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not a violent person, but I feel so angry about this woman, if I ever met her, I would really have to control myself.
£3 a week. Three measly pounds a week, from an MP who gets subsidised meals in Westminster.

In his ruling, Mr Justice Swift found that the home secretary broke the law in withholding payments of £3 a week to provide healthy food for children aged one to three and to pregnant women.

Braverman found to have broken the law again by a different judge on a different matter. Why is this disgraced 'barrister' still in office and not arrested for misconduct in public office?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
The Trump quote was in the link I shared. Here's another containing the same quote https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...utdown-of-muslims-entering-the-united-states/

A bit more on Miller: The Atlantic

Bannon: Marine Le Pen for a start. And he's said to be quite the fan of Aleksandr Dugin, who he claims to have met (Link)

These quotes the few that they are are far from extreme and do not link to Trump.

"Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

What is wrong with that quote? Most people I know either share that view or have stronger objections or remedies.

"Elsewhere in the emails, Miller recommends another white-genocide touchstone: the French novel The Camp of the Saints, which dramatizes the apocalyptic scenario of Europe being overwhelmed by nonwhite immigration, leading to the end of civilization."

Yea like that couldn't happen, you know the truth isn't political or extreme, only to the extreme left.

Le Pen is not her father and Bannon realises you don't need the lefts approval to meet other Populists regardless how they rant scream and lie.

The problem the left have in making insinuations about "White Supremacy" the opposite can be inferred of them "White Genocide", thats the effect of demographics and mass immigration.

I will be quite clear on my agenda in opposing mass immigration, to stop Western Civilisation collapsing, to stop the left using immigrants as weapons and to improve standards of living.

You obviously support mass immigration so now State your agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here