Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is no statue safe?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[video]https://news.sky.com/story/teen-charged-with-criminal-damage-after-churchill-statue-defaced-12069272[/video]

WC.JPG

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was unaware FACT checking was a crime these days? The gammons really are being a bunch of snowflakes over this. They can try all they want but we can't change our history, he was a racist. Trying to remove that is disrespectful to our history.

You are unaware FACT checking is a crime these days because FACT checking is not a crime these days at all. The cretin has not been charged with FACT checking, so no need to be an imbecile. The cretin has been charged with criminal damage not FACT checking. You are disrespectful to brain cells.

Ps The greatest leader this nation has had the fortune to have in the modern age.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are unaware FACT checking is a crime these days because FACT checking is not a crime these days at all. The cretin has not been charged with FACT checking, so no need to be an imbecile. The cretin has been charged with criminal damage not FACT checking. You are disrespectful to brain cells.

Ps The greatest leader this nation has had the fortune to have in the modern age.

don't waste your breath , we are gammon and he is the side dish , i'm thinking gherkin may be appropriate..:rolleyes:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I was unaware FACT checking was a crime these days? The gammons really are being a bunch of snowflakes over this. They can try all they want but we can't change our history, he was a racist. Trying to remove that is disrespectful to our history.

Ok...ok...ok....you've all had your go about Churcill, over and over again. The man was clearly a force for bad and should be erased from our history. We've all had enough of the character assassination now. Its boring, banal, tedious and not very clever.
The longer people keep hiding behind the word ' racist ' the further backwards this country is going. It's all too easy now to throw it around as a cheap insult because it lacks boundaries. Nobody is quite sure of the definition. It is blurred. You can't really prove it and you can't really disprove it but those lacking a certain degree of toleration and moderation keep throwing it around, every minute of every day, like some fanatical cause.
Racism exists in every walk of life, in every country in the world. It has done since the beginning of human civilization. Thats why some areas are in a constant state of conflict. They don't like each other. They believe they are different and better. Sometimes it is borne out of envy, sometimes out of intolerance, sometimes out of religion and sometimes out of history. Racism is the weapon of the coward and accusation of racism is hiding behind cowardice.
If you fail to see the good and bad in people and are not prepared to try and balance them out, then you will live a life of narrow-mindedness, bigotry and frustration. I know I'm wasting my time with a lot on here because this forum is designed to attract the one-eyed zealots and is no place for a centre-ground, moderate like me but I am getting very tired of the complete lack of tolerance in society now and sadly, its getting worse.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The Torys? They seem to be okay employing people who flagrantly break the law.

Take your worrying personal disliking of me out of the equation, this 18 year old lad is going to get a criminal record, almost certainly his grid is going to be plastered all over the papers, who in their right minds is going to employ the lad, a life ruined for a moment of madness. A real shame that youngsters that attend these riots do not think of the consequences of their actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It really does amaze me how people are so determined to ignore any criticism of Churchill. I mean his actions in the war were excellent, but that doesn't excuse the fact he was a terrible human being. Nor vice versa.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But you still want to erase the racist parts from his history. Why are you trying to erase history?

why don't you and klass meet up ...i can see a beautiful future for you together with rainbow children , rainbow curtains , unicorn pulled carts to get you to the dole office ....pair of whoppers...:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: i kill myself laughing at watts like you ffs .....where were you 40 years ago , non existent , there's something in the water ...!! don't bother answering im off out on a winery tour...:cool::cool::cool:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It really does amaze me how people are so determined to ignore any criticism of Churchill. I mean his actions in the war were excellent, but that doesn't excuse the fact he was a terrible human being. Nor vice versa.

Vorsprung durch technic......another clueless clueless caaaaaant ....war is war , he did what he had to do in the day and age to preserve our borders and sovereignty as a nation and look where it's got us , a load of guilty , self hating pillocks .....may as well of let the germans in really ....*****.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Vorsprung durch technic......another clueless clueless caaaaaant ....war is war , he did what he had to do in the day and age to preserve our borders and sovereignty as a nation and look where it's got us , a load of guilty , self hating pillocks .....may as well of let the germans in really ....*****.

His promotion, and use of chemical weapons against Bolsheviks, and Northern Indian tribes, was to preserve our borders? Really?
He was leader during ww2, he was possibly the right man for the job, at the time, but was ditched by the country immediately afterwards. If he was such a great leader, he wouldnt have been.
As for 'self hating'. has there ever been a more stupid phrase?

"I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes," Winston Churchill.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But you still want to erase the racist parts from his history. Why are you trying to erase history?

No i dont, and i cant erase his views from history either. It is not possible. History is history, the information is available for all to see. Churchill especially, as much was documented. If you want to criticise some of his viewpoints knock yourself out.

Wanting criminal damage graffiti erased from a public statue or even better not put there in the first place is not wishing history to be erased, it is simply not wanting a public statue vandalised.

I wouldnt want the statue of Mandela ruined and covered in graffiti saying "a black man".....because its mindless vandalism of a public statue. By your bonkers thinking though its completely acceptable and the vandal causing criminal damage on the Mandela Statue should not be arrested because the graffiti is just FACT checking.

sort your noggin out

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
why don't you and klass meet up ...i can see a beautiful future for you together with rainbow children , rainbow curtains , unicorn pulled carts to get you to the dole office ....pair of whoppers...:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: i kill myself laughing at watts like you ffs .....where were you 40 years ago , non existent , there's something in the water ...!! don't bother answering im off out on a winery tour...:cool::cool::cool:

A winery? Careful now. You should fire up your tor browser, surf the dark web and check it's (non existent) basement isn't be used by Hilary Clinton for her paedophile ring. Best you pack a semi-automatic weapon or something, you utter plum.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Interesting. When I was writing my Masters thesis on the reasons for the outbreak of war in 1939 it became apparent that actually Churchill was desperately reckless at times. He'd have happily taken us to war in 1937 or 1938, at a time when the UK was no more prepared to take on and beat Germany than Brighton & Hove Albion are to take on Bayern Munich.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here