Is it acceptable to SPIT at other albion fans?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Grimble

Is... Is that... Brown shit I see all over US's nose?

*don't take it badly US*

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is... Is that... Brown shit I see all over US's nose?

*don't take it badly US*

No worries mate.

angrycustomer.jpg

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'd think it would be better if I knew people on here because nsc would be more of a laugh IMO. I think some people on here actually know who I am without me knowing who they are which doesn't bother me, I'd rather them come say hello or even say something to me rather than on here if they did know me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Didn't the person who apparently spat at this person come on here last night and say he never actually spat? Isn't it wrong for the person who was wearing the black jakcet to actually grab him by the throat as he was half his size?

I'm getting ready for abuse now. :jester:

The whole "he's half his size" argument is ridiculous. This is real life, it's not a f***ing boxing contest, are people supposed to have a weigh-in every time they have a row in the street. If I walked up to a 16st bodybuilder and gobbed on him I wouldn't expect him to say "actually you're alot smaller than me so I'll let you spit on my coat"

Getting twatted by someone bigger and older is a learning process. When I was 17 I got done over in the pub by someone who I thought wouln't pick on me because they were much bigger and older, I was wrong and got what I deserved for acting like a twat. Guess what - I didn't act like a twat again, lesson learned.

From the sounds of it TCB didn't go far enough, but good on the bloke for sticking up for his mate.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This wasn't some spur of the moment thing. It was in about the 70th minute, after approximately 65 minutes of hearing this little oik singing/throwing things at WW. At one point he was just standing there chanting "wanker, wanker, wanker" after literally no provocation. I don't know about you, but that's not the way I like to spend Saturday afternoons, so when the spitting started I felt more than a few words were required.

And I'd have done the same whether it was a 20 stone lump or a little old woman. The little shit was more than old enough to know what he was doing.

I can totally sympathise. But what you have said DOES raise teh question of why not talk to stewards?

And why was there not words said earlier before the physical response? (If your point of view is that perhaps the initial repsonse of holding him by the throat was OTT) - obviously thats not your POV.

However, (in fairness to you, WW and your mate) no one deserves it ina single instance, its obviously wrong and Marc's mate i assume is the same age as Marc, so obviously knows what he is doing so after over an hour of this abuse, you do snap.

once again i'm sitting on the fence, saying why wasn't it dealt with earlier but sometimes you can only ignore an issue so much until you snap.

Fair play (again) to your mate for not clubbing him.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good on you TCB, hopefully it has taught the little shit a lesson before he does it to another innocent fan.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lesson for all here I think.

NSC is a laugh but when people no longer are anonymous and NSC spills into real life ie names on shirts , wanky meets etc then this is the sort of thing you open yourself up for.

I know many from here but no one knows me. This is how it should be

As for the spitting, out of order and the spitter deserved a slap

Maybe. You open yourself up for spitting and being headbutted if you antagonise the wrong moron. WW did nothing other than put across some contentious views.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As I said on the previous thread those little twats deserved everything they got. WW and TCB go to most games and don't deserve abuse for airing their views. Those little shits aren't fans of this club if they think it acceptable to behave like that towards fellow fans. They should have had the utter shite kicked out of them for what they did.

I can totally sympathise. But what you have said DOES raise teh question of why not talk to stewards?

And why was there not words said earlier before the physical response? (If your point of view is that perhaps the initial repsonse of holding him by the throat was OTT) - obviously thats not your POV.

However, (in fairness to you, WW and your mate) no one deserves it ina single instance, its obviously wrong and Marc's mate i assume is the same age as Marc, so obviously knows what he is doing so after over an hour of this abuse, you do snap.

once again i'm sitting on the fence, saying why wasn't it dealt with earlier but sometimes you can only ignore an issue so much until you snap.

Fair play (again) to your mate for not clubbing him.

That's not exactly sitting on the fence. Sorry but I am, in the words of Mr M'Choakumchild, after the facts:

'NOW, what I want is, Facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but Facts. Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else. You can only form the minds of reasoning animals upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them. This is the principle on which I bring up my own children, and this is the principle on which I bring up these children. Stick to Facts, sir!'

Do carry on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
possibly but the list you made are imo unlikely to happen at a football match.

The list I made was a small fraction of things worse than being spat at.

I'd prefer to be spat at than have a bin thrown at my head. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249145/Football-fan-dies-hit-head-bin-Stoke-City-game.html

I'd saying getting run over would be worse.
BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Midlands | Man dies following football derby.
4 Barcelona Fans Killed in Nigeria - NYTimes.com

I'd say being spat at would be preferable to getting beaten up. What with spit being wipe off-able, and beatings not so much.
Fan killed in Argentine riot | Metro.co.uk

Shooting someone is a tad worse than spitting at them, imo. Iraqi Soccer Player Killed By Fan During Game-Tying Shot

I'd rather be spat at than stabbed. Football fans stabbed in West Ham versus Millwall clash | The Sun |News
Middlesbrough fans stabbed in Rome before Uefa game | European Football - Times Online
Manchester United v Barcelona: English fan stabbed and four arrested - Telegraph
http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1238783_county_fans_stabbed_in_pub_brawl_after_game

Of all the things hooligans have done in the past (Football Violence Top 10 Worst Football Riots just a sample) at a football match, it's the spitting that is the lowest thing someone can do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has anyone else confirmed that the lad was deliberately spitting at the two? I remember sitting in front of someone once who was shouting very aggressively and unintentionally covered me and others in spit. Just before we all leap to WW defence based on some of his comments on this board how do we actually know there are not two sides to this.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Has anyone else confirmed that the lad was deliberately spitting at the two? I remember sitting in front of someone once who was shouting very aggressively and unintentionally covered me and others in spit. Just before we all leap to WW defence based on some of his comments on this board how do we actually know there are not two sides to this.

Exactly.

The list I made was a small fraction of things worse than being spat at.

I'd prefer to be spat at than have a bin thrown at my head. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249145/Football-fan-dies-hit-head-bin-Stoke-City-game.html

I'd saying getting run over would be worse.
BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Midlands | Man dies following football derby.
4 Barcelona Fans Killed in Nigeria - NYTimes.com

I'd say being spat at would be preferable to getting beaten up. What with spit being wipe off-able, and beatings not so much.
Fan killed in Argentine riot | Metro.co.uk

Shooting someone is a tad worse than spitting at them, imo. Iraqi Soccer Player Killed By Fan During Game-Tying Shot

I'd rather be spat at than stabbed. Football fans stabbed in West Ham versus Millwall clash | The Sun |News
Middlesbrough fans stabbed in Rome before Uefa game | European Football - Times Online
Manchester United v Barcelona: English fan stabbed and four arrested - Telegraph
http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1238783_county_fans_stabbed_in_pub_brawl_after_game

Of all the things hooligans have done in the past (Football Violence Top 10 Worst Football Riots just a sample) at a football match, it's the spitting that is the lowest thing someone can do.

I once spilt Bovril over my hand at a football match.

I win.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oh my god. :facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, it is notoriously difficult to differentiate between gobbing over someone's back and releasing a few drops of saliva when shouting a little enthusiastically. Maybe he was just trying to wet his hands and missed?

But did anyone objective see the spitting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports