Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone on here not happy with their seat at the Amex?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
South west corner, 3 rows from the front, it's ok but I want to move next season!, hopefully the north stand!

Joking apart about the superior qualities of the esu i just love my seat there,we are about 5 rows back almost overlooking the away fans,we have the west stand as a back drop and the north singing to our right,i think this makes it a great seat with singing from all three sides and yes occasionally the east get going,the access to the buses is great and the concourse is reached by a smaller amount of stairs. Found my old wsu seat too high and felt detached from players and atmosphere,i think if it was a choice between my old seat and giving up my season ticket i would have given up. Love my new esu seat:D

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ME, I was told at the presentation that my seat would be exactly wthe same size as those at mk dons and the emirates...it is not. It is smaller. Also, I was told that people would be able to walk in front of your seat and not bash your knees as the gap between the seats in front is large...it is not.

I think they were referring to the 1901 customers,not the north stand customers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very happy with my seat in the WSU, in line with the centre circle, adjacent to the aisle for the sprint to the bar for half time beers, decent atmosphere too, even the whingers in our section cannot spoil it.

I'd like to give the ESU a go one time though as those folks probably get the best view of all.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Slightly to the right of the home 'dugout' in the WSL. Like the view but can't stand the bloke who sits behind me and have given very serious thought about moving because of him (also don't like the price charged for cup games but choose not to sit there when I have to buy a match ticket but that is neither here nor there)

Very happy with my seat in the WSU, in line with the centre circle, adjacent to the aisle for the sprint to the bar for half time beers, decent atmosphere too, even the whingers in our section cannot spoil it.

I'd like to give the ESU a go one time though as those folks probably get the best view of all.

If you get hung up with lack of people singing its not the place for you,its got older adults and kids so need to let the kids turn into gobby teenagers and it might get louder,shame the club could not have had a tolerated singing area up there,we have enough people wanting to sing but the are spread out.But as i said before i love the fact its all in front of me to take in.I sat in the south stand for the donnie game and loved the view of the other three stands.:)

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 44

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We took our seats in the North this year, I'm over the moon to be in the North, but when we signed up, we were chuffed to monkeys to be on the Front Row of the North. Had we actually given it a bit of consideration, we may have gone to another part of the ground, because the view is not necessarily the best. In fact, it's a pretty poor view, with the only plus points being that we are close enough to be almost within touching distance of the players (and they can certainly hear us), and I can usually pick myself out on the highlights on the FLS every weekend! Bit too much of the rose tinted glasses I'm afraid - the idea of just being in the North outweighed anything else. That said, I do believe I said on here at the time that I didn't give a monkeys where I sat as long as I was there, and I stand by that. If I'm unable to move, then I'm not going to be too sad.

I am looking at moving into the NW corner when they are built, and sit in the seats above the tunnel if at all possible. We'll see how that pans out, I would just like to be a bit higher up!!!! Either that or try and get further back in the North.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If you get hung up with lack of people singing its not the place for you,its got older adults and kids so need to let the kids turn into gobby teenagers and it might get louder,shame the club could not have had a tolerated singing area up there,we have enough people wanting to sing but the are spread out.But as i said before i love the fact its all in front of me to take in.I sat in the south stand for the donnie game and loved the view of the other three stands.:)

To be honest at my age I can take or leave the singing, although I do join in with the WSU. I can see why you enjoy it up in the ESU, I popped up to the bar after a recent game and the view from there was stunning. Definitely the ideal place to enjoy all the AMEX has to offer.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
WSU block C right next to an aisle and exit. Only 3 complaints, one of which will be invalid when they install the escalators!!!. There is a safety bar which blocks out about 10 yrds of the near touchline and because of being near the exit you get a lot of muppets standing there towards the end of the game, fortunately they don't block the view too much. Other than that, perfectly happy and would only move to be nearer the halfway line but would hav eto be next to an aisle for quick exit on the final whistle.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
In the North, my brother is seat in front of me as couldnt get two togetehr, only about 8 rows from front too so cannot see much when ball is down other end. also get soaked when it rains. Certainly want to move further back, love singing so want to be where the atmosphere is, North Block D just dont sing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon I have the best value seats in the house - probably the best seats in the family stand next to [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] with our boys, and about four seats along from [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION]. Right at the back of the lower tier right in line with the 18 yard line at the north end of the ground. Decent atmosphere and literally no mongs whatsoever in my immediate vicinity.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
In the North, my brother is seat in front of me as couldnt get two togetehr, only about 8 rows from front too so cannot see much when ball is down other end. also get soaked when it rains. Certainly want to move further back, love singing so want to be where the atmosphere is, North Block D just dont sing.

Block D do sing.............

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
We took our seats in the North this year, I'm over the moon to be in the North, but when we signed up, we were chuffed to monkeys to be on the Front Row of the North. Had we actually given it a bit of consideration, we may have gone to another part of the ground, because the view is not necessarily the best. In fact, it's a pretty poor view, with the only plus points being that we are close enough to be almost within touching distance of the players (and they can certainly hear us), and I can usually pick myself out on the highlights on the FLS every weekend! Bit too much of the rose tinted glasses I'm afraid - the idea of just being in the North outweighed anything else. That said, I do believe I said on here at the time that I didn't give a monkeys where I sat as long as I was there, and I stand by that. If I'm unable to move, then I'm not going to be too sad.

I am looking at moving into the NW corner when they are built, and sit in the seats above the tunnel if at all possible. We'll see how that pans out, I would just like to be a bit higher up!!!! Either that or try and get further back in the North.

My boys and i were in the north last year, second row from the front. I hated it as you couldn't really see the play beyond the 18 yard line. The kids on the other hand loved it, being that close to the action, the singing the swearing, high fives with Gully and me mimicing the the fella that shouted " Stay with him Dunky " at every corner. So i jumped at the chance of a move to the ESU. I love it up there, the best view i've had in 36 years of watching football. The kids on the other hand are bored stiff, one doesn't want to come anymore and the other one is going through the motions.

So next season i'll be on the move again, some where closer to the action for the kids sake. I'm gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here