Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else pissed off...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think a core problem is some people have no patience for a long term vision. Tony and the club have been quite transparent in there being a long term plan of becoming a top 10 team, yet there are some here who will use that as stick to beat the manager with if he doesn’t achieve it now.

With Potter we have a young progressive coach with one of the youngest squads in the Premier League. He is evolving the entire playing culture of the club, whilst at the same time having to ensure we stay up in the league. It’s really no mean feat given our wage budget and shouldn’t be taken for granted. We have changed from a defensive team, who let’s face it, could rarely compete with a lot of the big teams away from home to being a team that can now compete with anyone, anywhere.

There’s definitely things to improve. I really don’t understand why some die hard Potter out’s portray this idea that anyone who believes in the manager (obviously a crime to some) thinks he’s perfect and can do no wrong. There’s a lot of learning to be done. For starters we need to learn how to break down teams that park the bus. Improve at holding leads, getting the second goal, better mentality.

But I believe with this manager and our club structure of Tony, Paul and Dan we will continue to improve. The evolution is there to be seen in all but points. Pathway for the youth. Goalkeeping position is sorted. Defence is looking superb and racking up clean sheets, midfield are creating umpteen chances. It’s the final bit we need to sort out.

Thankfully the majority of our fanbase can see this (one of the good things proved by the wretched polls), whereas a tiny minority come across as unreasonable and a bit ungrateful for all the club is doing.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
I will bite. Potter is paid a huge salary. We are no longer in the lower leagues - so yes, it is about results first, results second & then I would suggest performances. Boy would we settle for boring 1-0 wins, well I would.

I doubt Bloom will be content with 17th in the Premier League. Does Potter deserve a pat on the back? A kick up the backside? More support?

As fans we are frustrated & rightfully so. There have been glimmers of improvement but failing to land an average Premier League forward has cost us.

The Premiership is in fact two leagues, the top ten sides and the also rans, we cannot be in the top section due to their massive financial advantage, after two seasons i realised that we would be in the lower half of the league and playing a very defensive game to keep above the relegation area.
I prefer to wait until we are in the Championship and playing entertaining football under i hope our present manager before i attend matches, in the meantime i will use Sky/Virgin to view the Premiership.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Why does where the teams are matter? Because if you win against a team below you you get the points and they don't./ Hence the term "six pointer". Improving your style of play is all fine and dandy but not when you keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. And frankly, when the issues are tactical (as many have been) then questions should be asked.

It's not even that criticism automatically means sacking. In the same way someone receiving criticism for a low score in an exam isn't immediately expelled from school.

Its more how you are enjoying your teams performance rather than which league they are playing in.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I wonder how people can change their mind so often, maybe this is a sign of modern day mental health issues, or is there a link with alcohol or drugs? It's very unsettling and bemusing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the problem is that there is a vocal minority that are Potter out.

There is a vocal minority that think Potter is the messiah and will leave for a top 6 job this summer.

Then the majority sit somewhere in the middle, who think Potter is a good manager but overall has us underperforming in terms of points.

When those of us in the middle say anything that can be construed as anti-Potter, the Potter disciples fire back with force which then riles the Potter outs and those on the fence.

This.

I'm neither a Potter Out or a Potter In. I'm a Potter M'eh. And only those in the Cult Of Potter seem to have an issue with it. He's done some great stuff. When the football works it works really well. When it doesn't we look bang average. When youngsters come on, they really come on (White and Sanchez) but we all have to acknowledge there are some failures who've either been tried too much (Connolly) or not tried at all despite us needing help in those areas (Karbo and Zeqiri). Our away form is stunningly better than Hughton's in the same division. Our home form is an absolute disgrace.

If he's part of the long term plans, and I've always said he is (only TB will get rid of him, not the fans), then fine but we need those weaknesses worked on, not glossed over in binary cults and relentless polls. If, on the other hand, he left tonight I wouldn't miss single wink of sleep over it. Ironically, because....
Meh. Nothing unique for Brighton, Potter or 2021... its always been like this. "Game lost, manager out!"

Its silly but understandable. Its also much easier than saying "game lost, players out!". Everyone knows that they wouldnt do better than any player, its obvious. Its not so obvious what a manager really do, making people think "meh, cant be that difficult...". In reality, any manager managing a team at this level and getting even one single point is quite competent. Even Steve Bruce. People would look equally lost trying to arrange a training session or tactically preparing for a game as they would look lost trying to replace Lewis Dunk or Yves Bissouma.

But its just how humans function, theoretical/abstract work always seems a lot easier than it is. Just look at the pandemic were we suddenly had a couple of billion epidemiologists all over the place.

....there are plenty of good coaches and managers out there. He's not the only one.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When you say "as fans we are frustrated..." do you mean Albion fans collectively, or do you mean you and your two other NSC accounts?

Why don't you post this on your regular account? Odd.
Based on previous posts, one of the accounts will be frustrated with Potter, one will think he's doing a great job and one will be on the fence.

Having three accounts is one thing, having three accounts and posting different, and frequently contradictory, views on each of them is just bizarre.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This.

I'm neither a Potter Out or a Potter In. I'm a Potter M'eh. And only those in the Cult Of Potter seem to have an issue with it. He's done some great stuff. When the football works it works really well. When it doesn't we look bang average. When youngsters come on, they really come on (White and Sanchez) but we all have to acknowledge there are some failures who've either been tried too much (Connolly) or not tried at all despite us needing help in those areas (Karbo and Zeqiri). Our away form is stunningly better than Hughton's in the same division. Our home form is an absolute disgrace.

If he's part of the long term plans, and I've always said he is (only TB will get rid of him, not the fans), then fine but we need those weaknesses worked on, not glossed over in binary cults and relentless polls. If, on the other hand, he left tonight I wouldn't miss single wink of sleep over it. Ironically, because....

Sticking with singing these castrato tunes I see. "I'm not a Potter out because I would like to come across as rational and having a firm opinion and this could bite me in the ass, so I hide behind some false 'neutrality' while taking any and every opportunity to imply my secret convictions".

Grow some balls and speak out from your beard.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
... with all this anti Potter shit...*

* and, no I didn't need to start another thread, but if all the half wits can do it, why can't I?

I had not noticed. After a defeat I avoid this place for a day until all the negative snowflakes get bored with themselves

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Sticking with singing these castrato tunes I see. "I'm not a Potter out because I would like to come across as rational and having a firm opinion and this could bite me in the ass, so I hide behind some false 'neutrality' while taking any and every opportunity to imply my secret convictions".

Grow some balls and speak out from your beard.

Jeez, I wish you would just **** off sometimes.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Potter was employed specifically to:

- Keep us in the Premier League - PASSED
- Bring through young players rather than rely on the transfer market - PASSED
- Play a more entertaining brand of football - PASSED.

Suspect Bloom is delighted with how he's doing, just as most of us are.

Keep us on prem = still not confirmed with five to play
Bloom delighted = bet he is not being just above the relegation zone again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

* and, no I didn't need to start another thread, but if all the half wits can do it, why can't I?

Yes, my Sunday should have been focused on Bent Coppers but having to keep an eye on this game

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Keep us on prem = still not confirmed with five to play
Bloom delighted = bet he is not being just above the relegation zone again

Given Paul Barber’s recent positive comments on GP it’s a fair bet his opinion is reasonably in sync with Tony’s.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Not really, I am mildly surprised by how loud those are who hold that view but it’s all part of the game and I mainly ignore it. As I do with those who think we have landed the messiah and he can do no wrong.

He seems impressive, the way we play is a step forward, we compete now, we bring through talent. But the results are no better after two seasons and we are dragging this season out like the last three, let’s see, I would love to see the results follow

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:lolol: :bowdown:

I am surprisingly relaxed.

I'm used to the stupidtitty of my fellow man.

Campaigning is where I draw the line. I tend to respond to campaigning. Ahem.

So....I am fed up with the campaigning. The Potterexit contingent need to be ****** and ****** in my opinion. Other opinions are. of course, available.

I hope it isn't as chilly up your way as it is down here.Today I got sunburnt and frostbitten at the same time. These are not the effing alps, FFS.

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Based on previous posts, one of the accounts will be frustrated with Potter, one will think he's doing a great job and one will be on the fence.

Having three accounts is one thing, having three accounts and posting different, and frequently contradictory, views on each of them is just bizarre.

It's called trolling :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
West Bum have come back from 1 dow to lead 2-1 so I am now officially pissed off. :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here