Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else pissed off...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the problem is that there is a vocal minority that are Potter out.

There is a vocal minority that think Potter is the messiah and will leave for a top 6 job this summer.

Then the majority sit somewhere in the middle, who think Potter is a good manager but overall has us underperforming in terms of points.

When those of us in the middle say anything that can be construed as anti-Potter, the Potter disciples fire back with force which then riles the Potter outs and those on the fence.

I am not sure this is true. I think “the majority” feel if we had better strikers Potters style of play would reap dividends...

Unfortunately that vocal minority you talk about seem to expect us to be Barcelona and attracting the sort of players that would take us to Top 10, Top6, Top Trumps, Top Cats, Top whatever... delusional every man Jack of them!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There is a vocal minority that think Potter is the messiah and will leave for a top 6 job this summer.

Then the majority sit somewhere in the middle, who think Potter is a good manager but overall has us underperforming in terms of points.

When those of us in the middle say anything that can be construed as anti-Potter, the Potter disciples fire back with force which then riles the Potter outs and those on the fence.

Is that what you think or are you just quoting me? :lolol: :kiss:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When you say "as fans we are frustrated..." do you mean Albion fans collectively, or do you mean you and your two other NSC accounts?

Why don't you post this on your regular account? Odd.

Why do people have more than one account at all really..? Seems a bit useless to me.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I like Potter and Potterball but I think 17th place could be a sackable offence given the squad abilities over performances. Last night was another indication that there is a lot of work to do. To not beat anyone in the bottom 4 is a concern, particularly because it was so obviously going to happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Very accurate.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When Potter gets things wrong it is absolutely fair and legitimate to criticise him for it.

He has clearly and obviously failed in the games against the lower teams this season. So it's perfectly justified to criticise him. If you don't like criticism of the guy in charge then there's some great deals going on apartments in Pyongyang if you know who to ask...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The longest running series on NSC continues -- the search for the elusive 20-goals-a-season manager.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like Potter and Potterball but I think 17th place is a sackable offence given the squad abilities over performances. Last night another indication that there is a lot of work to do. To not beat anyone in the bottom 4 is a concern.

Clearly you should sack your manager when your centre forward blazes over an open goal from 2 yards. Clearly the coaching is inept and should be punished accordingly...

Or, alternatively you back your manager and provide him with the tools required to do the job - failing that I guarantee someone else will...!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When Potter gets things wrong it is absolutely fair and legitimate to criticise him for it.

He has clearly and obviously failed in the games against the lower teams this season. So it's perfectly justified to criticise him. If you don't like criticism of the guy in charge then there's some great deals going on apartments in Pyongyang if you know who to ask...

The classic good old "using master suppression techniques to battle suppression of opinions"...

To give themselves thumbs ups, and post praising their alter ego’s earlier post :lolol:.

Born out of no confidence.

Odd.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The classic good old "using master suppression techniques to battle suppression of opinions"...

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Is this agreement or criticism?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Why do people get hung up on who you beat, teams below, terrible home record, etc., at the end of the day if you amass enough points to stay up and over time improve your style of football then job done!

This stability and eye for “a plan”, rather than knee jerk sackings, will in turn result in the type of players we need to move us on, being happy to put pen to paper!

Short-termism or the long game, you pick!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I will bite. Potter is paid a huge salary. We are no longer in the lower leagues - so yes, it is about results first, results second & then I would suggest performances. Boy would we settle for boring 1-0 wins, well I would.

I doubt Bloom will be content with 17th in the Premier League. Does Potter deserve a pat on the back? A kick up the backside? More support?

As fans we are frustrated & rightfully so. There have been glimmers of improvement but failing to land an average Premier League forward has cost us.

who are your other two accounts, as i always had you down as a palace pikey

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Im not in any of the categories.
I am not sure this is true. I think “the majority” feel if we had better strikers Potters style of play would reap dividends...

Unfortunately that vocal minority you talk about seem to expect us to be Barcelona and attracting the sort of players that would take us to Top 10, Top6, Top Trumps, Top Cats, Top whatever... delusional every man Jack of them!
This is where I am..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sorry, I don't follow. Is this agreement or criticism?

I agree that criticism is always ok, but the whole "and if you dont agree with my opinion you can always go to NK" is basically a way of suppressing criticism against your own idea.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why do people get hung up on who you beat, teams below, terrible home record, etc., at the end of the day if you amass enough points to stay up and over time improve your style of football then job done!

This stability and eye for “a plan”, rather than knee jerk sackings, will in turn result in the type of players we need to move us on, being happy to put pen to paper!

Short-termism or the long game, you pick!

Why does where the teams are matter? Because if you win against a team below you you get the points and they don't./ Hence the term "six pointer". Improving your style of play is all fine and dandy but not when you keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. And frankly, when the issues are tactical (as many have been) then questions should be asked.

It's not even that criticism automatically means sacking. In the same way someone receiving criticism for a low score in an exam isn't immediately expelled from school.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree that criticism is always ok, but the whole "and if you dont agree with my opinion you can always go to NK" is basically a way of suppressing criticism against your own idea.

When the thread only exists as a means of silencing criticism of Potter I really don't think I'm the person you should be aiming that at.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When the thread only exists as a means of silencing criticism of Potter I really don't think I'm the person you should be aiming that at.

OP says he is pissed off about it, surely it is within his rights to express that opinion the same way you and others feel it is within your right to express the opposite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here