Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone 4S

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Interesting post Bozza, so because i am a fan of the Android, and yes i am running ICS. It doesn't mean that i am from a low socio-economic group, i find that you tar people with that brush kind of offensive, just because I am not a massive fan of Apple products. This is my own personal opinion.

Why is 'low socio-economic group' offensive? Why, that's probably offensive to some people of a low socio-economic group...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
OS, camera and screen may be better on the HTC in your opinion, but general consensus is you're quite wrong on all of those unfortunately. Ice Cream Sandwich is the closest Google have come to emulating iOS, all earlier versions (that 93% of Android phones are still running, and probably stuck with, due to the unique way Android phone manufacturers tend to abandon their users) are dreadfully inadequate.

The app pricing model is an interesting discussion point but it's far from the clear cut situation you suggest it is. This is still a very young industry and those in it are feeling their way to find out which models work given the revenue generating options of paid for apps, in-app purchases and ad supported. However one thing that is undisputed, to date, is that iPhone users will spend more money than Android users. This occurs from the very outset - I've never heard someone say "I couldn't afford an Android phone so I bought an iPhone" and carries onto app purchases. If I was pushing apps out into Android-land, I imagine I'd be looking at a free/ad-supported model since Android users seem to struggle to find 50p here and there.

I would imagine that analysis of iPhone and Android users would show iPhone users, on average, being from higher socio-economic groups than the Android paupers.

That is quite frankly the biggest load of Apple fan boy blinkered rubbish I have ever read on here. Ive used both, my wife has an iphone 4,I have an HTC. There is not one thing I prefer about the Apple. Your OS argument is garbage, how would you know as you dont use Android? I also earnt 6 figures last year so sorry to be another flaw in your argument. I also work in Marketing so maybe that is why I am able to look at things mote objectively than those who have clearly been Apple'd by the machine. Oh and what was voted best phone last year? Oh yeah the Galaxy on Android.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is quite frankly the biggest load of Apple fan boy blinkered rubbish I have ever read on here. Ive used both, my wife has an iphone 4,I have an HTC. There is not one thing I prefer about the Apple. Your OS argument is garbage, how would you know as you dont use Android? I also earnt 6 figures last year so sorry to be another flaw in your argument. I also work in Marketing so maybe that is why I am able to look at things mote objectively than those who have clearly been Apple'd by the machine. Oh and what was voted best phone last year? Oh yeah the Galaxy on Android.

Exception #2. Well done you!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
However one thing that is undisputed, to date, is that iPhone users will be more easily duped into spending more money than Android users. This occurs from the very outset - they blindy follow the crowd and the road of costly locked down programs and applications.

Corrected for you.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Exception #2. Well done you!

No real come back on the points made though have you? I find that the ridiculous strength of unfounded biased argument from Apple sheep must stem from a gut feel realisation that they really have been "had". Not that they would ever admit it or even try alternatives to see if there really are better options out there. They'll just keep queing outside the store.....

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've owned every single model of iPhone and I don't think I'd ever go to any other type of phone now.
Just waiting for the new iPhone to be released now.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i have a iphone 4s (work phone) and an HTC sensation, still prefer my sensation. Much better OS, better camera and better screen. Also not locked down to Apple, and much lighter (considering it is a bigger phone)...

More android apps are free, when compared to the Apple version that you have to pay for, you don't have to buy ringtones from itunes, you can use anything.

Fortunately i didn't have to pay for my iphone, they replaced my trusty blackberry with it, i was quite happy with my Bberry... Maybe i will fall in love with it one day, who knows....

you're joking...

the HTC sensation has given me nothing but problems. Terrible device.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No real come back on the points made though have you? I find that the ridiculous strength of unfounded biased argument from Apple sheep must stem from a gut feel realisation that they really have been "had". Not that they would ever admit it or even try alternatives to see if there really are better options out there. They'll just keep queing outside the store.....

There is some data to back up what Bozza has said, such as at
iPad, iPhone Users Trend Younger, Wealthier

What spin people put on iPhone users spending more ('sheep who don't realise they're being ripped off' vs 'users of phones with apps worth buying') is down to them.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The socio-economic argument is flawed because one has to compare like for like. As you well know, Android is a fairly open platform with many different phones from low-end to high and therefore attracts every kind of punter. IPhone is only a high end device so obviously attracts only high-end users.

The phrase 'lower socio-economic groups' was purely used as a put down. It is a typical ploy of the Apple fanboy in general as they well know that in most departments top end Android phones absolutely blow iPhones out of the water.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is some data to back up what Bozza has said, such as at
iPad, iPhone Users Trend Younger, Wealthier

What spin people put on iPhone users spending more ('sheep who don't realise they're being ripped off' vs 'users of phones with apps worth buying') is down to them.

That report is neary TWO years old. In the world of research and data, particuarly in technology that is unusable after such a long time, especially as Android usage has grown massively since then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You put a capital M on marketing indicating you are very important, successful and wealthy. I know when to just retreat and find a weaker foe.

However, a couple of points.

1. Working in information security as I do, I've used Android extensively. And the numerous security flaws and largely unregulated app store that exists there mean, other failings aside, Android is not for me. I value the security of my personal data. I'm pleased for you that you don't have to.

2. I'd be keen to hear about this 'top phone' vote. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as a completely independent yet completely official vote of consumer electronic devices. It also seems strange that the Galaxy won, when the Galaxy S II was selling so well last year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Nobody will ever beat [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in an Apple argument.

He's my hero - swoon!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
. It also seems strange that the Galaxy won, when the Galaxy S II was selling so well last year.

I think we both know I meant the Galaxy S II but feel free to carry on the pedantry.

Here is one award found instantly from techradar, who also overwhelmingly prefer android as an os. But why let an expert opinion get in the way of an argument.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:ffsparr: That is an Americam survey. And as has been pointed out, the whole spectrum of smart phones use android so you are going to get a much wider spread of user.

:lol: OK, I'll try to find one that doesn't leave you feeling slighted in a moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here